Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD:

Why has it taken me this long to discovery the Primal Blue Print to living my life (turned 52 in April this year!) :-(
    “But a smell shivered him awake.It was a scent as old as the world. It was a hundred aromas of a thousand places. It was the tang of pine needles. It was the musk of sex. It was the muscular rot of mushrooms. It was the spice of oak. Meaty and redolent of soil and bark and herb. It was bats and husks and burrows and moss. It was solid and alive - so alive! And it was close"

Comment

• Yeeeaaaaasssssttttt

Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Hmm... now if I can just get some of you to commune with nature, in either sea or forest, 'sky-clad' on my day of surgery... all will be well!
        Just tell me when. Maybe not fully skyclad, but I'll do my best
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
          Just tell me when. Maybe not fully skyclad, but I'll do my best
          Woohoo!
          I'm going to see of husband will take me to the nude beach this weekend for some Zen in the surf.
          If no nude beaching... hmm... shells... at Honeymoon island.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Is it really that damn hard to send all the drawing edits at once, instead of piecemeal-page-by-page? This isn't even revisions to the edits, he's still piecing in the first revision one part at a damn time when he's the one trying to get us to get it done nowNOWNOW!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Monsoon season.

Seems like we get none of the rain, but all of the heat and humidity.

No, it's not a damn dry heat.
              Durp.

Comment

• GOTD: People who e-mail you, then come to your office to tell you they e-mailed you...within 2 minutes of sending it...and they're in the office next to you...
                The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

Comment

• ^My supervisor does that, except he'll email me and then IMMEDIATELY call. "I just sent you an email..." as it's arriving in my Inbox. Dude! Chill!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    Hmm... now if I can just get some of you to commune with nature, in either sea or forest, 'sky-clad' on my day of surgery... all will be well!
                    i am always sky clad

wink wink
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• My personal favorite is the boss that knows you're in a time crunch then demands to know why you haven't been responding to his emails that have nothing to do with that project. Um, HELLO?
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        ^My supervisor does that, except he'll email me and then IMMEDIATELY call. "I just sent you an email..." as it's arriving in my Inbox. Dude! Chill!
                        I get the call before the e-mail arrives EVERY TIME. I'm not mission critical, and this behavior persists...
                        Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                        Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                        Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                        Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                        ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• My egg guy has no eggs.
                          Again.
                          Bah.
                          5' 9" 47 YO F
                          PB start June 2, 2012
                          Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
                          Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• My landlord officially sucks. I'd like to stick his head in my toilet and keep flushing 'til he cries uncle. Then flush just one more time.

Also, it's so hot and humid out that when I took a measly 1.2 mile walk to the bank and back, my hair which was wet from the shower never got completely dry. In fact, the part at the back of my neck was probably wetter after the walk.

Did I mention that my landlord sucks?
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• fat, no fat, skinny-fat, eat fat, fat, eat fat, skinny, fat, no fat, calories? Fat? Skinny? Skinny- fat? More calories/no calories, More coke, more dancing all night, but, wait, that's illegal, Eat more/less fat and more/less calories, dance/don't exercise---implode, you'll be fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                                fat, no fat, skinny-fat, eat fat, fat, eat fat, skinny, fat, no fat, calories? Fat? Skinny? Skinny- fat? More calories/no calories, More coke, more dancing all night, but, wait, that's illegal, Eat more/less fat and more/less calories, dance/don't exercise---implode, you'll be fine.
                                +1.

Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and tell the world to shush. Peace, baby.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X