No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I haven't griped in awhile so I have another one - CURSE YOU MERRELL! Stop coming out with cool barefoot styles. They now have a winter boot and a kind of moccasin type shoe called the Run Tempo Glove.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
      If the woman isn't in a position to fire you, I've found that laughing at workcreeps drives them crazy. It also works on snippy cashiers, waitstaff, etc. It's hard to remember in the moment of being pissed off, but practice makes it a habit.
      Well she's 8 pay grades above me and could make my life miserable, she did once before when we were equal so I'm not going to piss her off intentionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
        Well she's 8 pay grades above me and could make my life miserable, she did once before when we were equal so I'm not going to piss her off intentionally.
        Yes, a much more difficult situation. Hopefully you see less of her in days to come.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• GOTD: Dealing with the VA is INFURIATING>>>>>

I need my Medtronic Neuro-stim device system interrogated prior to scheduling for shunt placement surgery. For this I only need to see a Medtronic rep., NOT a doctor... but a Doctor has to call the Medtronic rep and set up the appointment.

So I call the VA and try to explain the situation to the scheduling idiot. She says "well who installed the device?"
          I explain "That is IRRELEVANT, I do not need to see a doctor."
          So she says "Well who is your primary care Phys? You need to schedule an appointment."
          And I respond "No, I do NOT need to see a doctor. I only need the doctor to call the Medtronic rep and request an appointment for me to see that person. Nothing else."
          And she says, "But that isn't a VA medical appointment we can't schedule that."
          I reply, "It's OK, I've done this before. This is how it works. My doctor simply puts in a fee-basis consult (for which there is actually NO fee because follow up care is included in the device cost, no I didn't try to explain that) to have the Medtronic rep come to the hospital and see me independent of any doctors or nurses..."
          I also told her "This is very important, I need it done because I'm waiting to schedule brain surgery."
          Her reply, "Whatever, I'll leave a message."

Guess what... they are supposed to contact me within 24 hours of the message. It's been 48.
          What do you want to bet that I call in again today and find out that there was NO message.

This happens EVERY time!
          I've had this type of simple thing take MONTHS.
          This is government run healthcare.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• GOTD: People that suck at their jobs. Your incompetence and ineptitude has real consequences for real people.
            Prodistat
            Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

• Got excited about Crossfit, looked into local gyms, saw the costs, no longer excited about Crossfit.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Yeah, me too. Crossfit within walking distance. Price too high to reach. The playground is good enough for now. Maybe forever.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Yeah, dude, Crossfit is expensive.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

• GOTD:
                    Being excited at the prospects of being "well" and being scared of how I have to get there... at the same time.
                    And also the fear that I'll go though it and still not be "well".
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      GOTD:
                      Being excited at the prospects of being "well" and being scared of how I have to get there... at the same time.
                      And also the fear that I'll go though it and still not be "well".
                      You WILL be well because all of us here are going to send the Universe so many prayers, good karma beams, pagan rites, meditation waves, positive-thinking pings and whatever-the-hell we can think up that it will have no choice but to Make It So or collapse under the combined energy and weight of our wishes for you!
                      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        You WILL be well because all of us here are going to send the Universe so many prayers, good karma beams, pagan rites, meditation waves, positive-thinking pings and whatever-the-hell we can think up that it will have no choice but to Make It So or collapse under the combined energy and weight of our wishes for you!
                        Hallelujah!, Insha'allah!, Blessed Be!, Amen!, Ooooooommmmh! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Hallelujah!, Insha'allah!, Blessed Be!, Amen!, Ooooooommmmh! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          so mote it be!
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• In this day of technology....Courier firms which do not update the parcel tracking feature.......until too late aaaarrgggh!

Comment

• HAHA, haven't been here in forever. But my new gripe is ALL THE FOOD AT WORK. Started new job, been there 6 months - love it! However, the group of women we have Never. Stop. Eating.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                              Congenital Hypothyroid
                              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                                Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                so mote it be!
                                Hmm... now if I can just get some of you to commune with nature, in either sea or forest, 'sky-clad' on my day of surgery... all will be well!
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X