No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripe of the day: Why do people (at work) bother talking to me at all? Why do they waste my time? What everyone does is ask me a question or ask to speak to me about something important and then before I can answer the question or before they can fully finish a single sentence explaining their problem to me their attention goes to some random other thing. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey look! Solar garbage cans!"

Also, anybody at all can always walk right in to any discussion I am in and totally hijak it and I'm ALWAYS left sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey Jenny, come on in, how's it going blather blather blather..."

Seriously if you can't focus long enough to discuss the matter with me then don't bother until you can shut the door and concentrate. This is REALLY getting on my nerves. Everybody does this to me. I'm in a technical field, not a social one. When people talk socially they all just talk and nobody listens. But as a technical person, if you pull that social blather talk on our technical discussion, you're being an idiot. I LISTEN, so if you are just talking blather to just fill the air with noise, you are wasting my time. I need real discussion otherwise I can't do the work you need from me.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      we have the same type of soil here; i've spent so much on peat moss just to help loosen it a little. i really should test it for nutrient deficiencies, no doubt there are some.
      Dunno if you know this, but peat is a non-renewable resource and actually has almost no nutrients. Time and homemade compost are your best bets.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        Gripe of the day: Why do people (at work) bother talking to me at all? Why do they waste my time? What everyone does is ask me a question or ask to speak to me about something important and then before I can answer the question or before they can fully finish a single sentence explaining their problem to me their attention goes to some random other thing. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey look! Solar garbage cans!"

Also, anybody at all can always walk right in to any discussion I am in and totally hijak it and I'm ALWAYS left sitting there waiting and waiting and waiting. "Thank you for coming to discuss building our web application. What I would really like is...hey Jenny, come on in, how's it going blather blather blather..."

Seriously if you can't focus long enough to discuss the matter with me then don't bother until you can shut the door and concentrate. This is REALLY getting on my nerves. Everybody does this to me. I'm in a technical field, not a social one. When people talk socially they all just talk and nobody listens. But as a technical person, if you pull that social blather talk on our technical discussion, you're being an idiot. I LISTEN, so if you are just talking blather to just fill the air with noise, you are wasting my time. I need real discussion otherwise I can't do the work you need from me.
        I feel for you. A lot.

My company seems to think that small talk is necessary when you are contacting someone internally for information. I guess I'm supposed to care about them as a person? The problem is- I don't. Nor do I see a reason to see them as anything more than an information recepticle. (I have made good friends here, but 90% of the people I talk to I talk to under duress) Just give me the damn information and let me get back to work.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• SBhikes, if you want to make a statement, stand up and leave when this happens. If they say, "Hey, where are you going?" tell them "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were done since you started another conversation. I can come back later when you're free."
          Depression Lies

Comment

• I'm having a feeling like heart palpitations. It has happened in the past, usually just one or two in a few seconds, and then nothing again for weeks, months, or years. I can't recall when I had the last. I've been eating fine lately, some bad stuff over the weekend and a couple cookies this week, but all in all, less than 5% of my weekly intake, I'd say. I just had a few feelings of palpitations over a 10 second period, then again a minute later. That's more than I ever feel and I have to say, it's freaking me out a bit. I can't tell if it's a superficial (pec) muscle or deeper.
            Depression Lies

Comment

• If you're on diuretics, or drinking a lot of liquids, you may be flushing out potassium and having some flutters.

Comment

• Not on anything. I usually drink about 64 oz of water (a guess) during the day and I have not finished that yet. Sometimes it feels more like muscle spasm (not so deep as the heart) so maybe it's related to my mini work-out (which worked my chest muscles) from yesterday, as well.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• GotD: people baselessly crying antisemitism in the circumcision thread and apparently getting it deleted because they got their little fee-fees hurt.
                  Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                    GotD: people baselessly crying antisemitism in the circumcision thread and apparently getting it deleted because they got their little fee-fees hurt.
                    No worries. I am going to claim that every thread is anti-Pastafarian and get the whole forum deleted for insulting the FSM.

agreed on your gripe btw.

Comment

GotD: people baselessly crying antisemitism in the circumcision thread and apparently getting it deleted because they got their little fee-fees hurt.
                      Social conditioning
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        No worries. I am going to claim that every thread is anti-Pastafarian and get the whole forum deleted for insulting the FSM.

agreed on your gripe btw.
                        ALL my love is for you right now... , said the Primal Pastafarian.
                        (Of course! I worship Pasta... eating it would be just WRONG, like cannibalism. )
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          ALL my love is for you right now... , said the Primal Pastafarian.
                          (Of course! I worship Pasta... eating it would be just WRONG, like cannibalism. )
                          <3 agreed. One should be touched by his noodley appendage not eating it.

GotD: we need more rain.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                            <3 agreed. One should be touched by his noodley appendage not eating it.

GotD: we need more rain.
                            We actually got a pretty good storm in Phoenix last night. Crazy thunder.

But yeah, the whole state is pretty damn dry right now.
                            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

We actually got a pretty good storm in Phoenix last night. Crazy thunder.

But yeah, the whole state is pretty damn dry right now.
                              Glad to know you guys got some. We got a little drizzle today but that was it.

Comment

• apparently we have to take turns. rain was in GA last week, now it's in TN this week. iunno who gets it next
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X