Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GotD - "Paleo" bread.

Hell, ANYTHING that uses the words "paleo" or "primal" right next to the words bread, pie, muffins, rolls, pancakes...

I just got all ranty on the "Paleo Bread Finally!" thread. I guess I am starting to own this WOE for myself if I feel strongly enough to rant.

I understand gluten-free bread, low-carb pancakes, clean-ingredient muffins, nut-crust pie. But Paleo bread is an OXYMORON!!!!
    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
      Fucking Tennessee gardening. My experience is all from The Netherlands, good moisture, loamy, reasonable temperatures. Now? Clay, dry, hot as fuck.
      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
      Current Weight: 235 pounds
      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Here, here!

Once it's been doused in tequila... it's CLEAN!
        Maybe you douse it a first time as a rinse just to oust any fuzzy bits... but the germs are toast!
        Toast? Did somebody say TOAST? Toast isn't primal.....

Comment

• Shit...I missed all the fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
            Fucking Tennessee gardening. My experience is all from The Netherlands, good moisture, loamy, reasonable temperatures. Now? Clay, dry, hot as fuck.
            If you really want to make a difference with your clay soil, mix COARSE organic matter into it. Clay particles are extremely tiny (1000 of them equal the size of a grain of sand) and the coarse matter will help tremendously. Don't forget to mulch for increased earthworm activity. I have improved a patch of almost pure clay by letting the worms do my work for me.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              If you really want to make a difference with your clay soil, mix COARSE organic matter into it. Clay particles are extremely tiny (1000 of them equal the size of a grain of sand) and the coarse matter will help tremendously. Don't forget to mulch for increased earthworm activity. I have improved a patch of almost pure clay by letting the worms do my work for me.
              Oh yeah, I have been mixing compost, leaf mold and other stuff and it's mulched. And there are definitely more worms now that when I started, but I think the heat is hammering it as well. Today I gave them composted chicken manure, seaweed and a bacterial/fungal "probiotic'. A couple already started perking up. Of course my rosemary, yucca and rattlesnake master were all happy as they could be already.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• I hate it when my plants show heat stress. I have a 40 year old maple that looks wilty in the heat and I know that it isn't in need of water.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• RAIN! REAL RAIN! We've been so in need and everything's been passing us by or we'll get a few drops here and there. Finally! Thunder and everything!

Comment

• we have the cloud bank and lightning, no rain yet *crosses all 15 toes*
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      we have the cloud bank and lightning, no rain yet *crosses all 15 toes*
                      I am soooo doing a happy dance. If you're anywhere near Nashville you may well get some of this.

We have tied another record high in Nashville. 104-degrees for Saturday. That is 8 days of record heat in June and July for the music city.

Isolated showers will continue to pop up into the evening hours. They will in no way be as widespread as they were on Friday.

The record heat will be over come Sunday. The high on Sunday will reach 97 degrees. And more normal temperatures as we move into Monday and Tuesday with highs in the upper 80's.

A cold front will move towards middle Tennessee. Bringing better chances for rain Sunday afternoon/evening and on into Monday. Rain chances will reach 70% on Monday. A line of thunderstorms may develop along the front so we will keep a close watch for any severe weather.

Comment

• that.. is awesome, happy rain dances all around
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Went out and looked this morning. I hadn't realized just how sad everything looked until now. Even the little bluestem, a drought tolerant prairie grass that actually likes dry heat, is perkier. Same with the prairie dropseed. Of course I also fed the shit out of (into) everything yesterday as well.

Comment

• GOTD: Missing out on all the love and adoration of my harem here..... damn work
                            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• The Dark Knight Rises isn't out yet, which vexes me greatly.

Comment

• Having a sugar habit. Which you then have to break. Sucky part(s) - both ends of the equation.
                                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                                X