X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's wabbit season!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      Hey Cori, I know how that is, my husband's side of the family tends to forget our son has a genetic condition that makes him susceptible to respiratory infections so we don't do all the stuff they do. When our son was hospitalized last year for 3 weeks they acted so surprised. My husband was annoyed, he said, yeah we weren't making this stuff up.
      Glad he is better! Mine has issues, too, and my very own father accused me of "talking the doctor into" prescribing custom ankle braces... Like a world-class pediatric orthopedist at the Cleveland Clinic is going to be such a marshmallow. And I am crazy enough to want the expense of new custom dafos every time her feet grow - the things run usd650 - EACH FOOT. You totally have my understanding and sympathy. Sometimes family members can suck.
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        we can all hang, i'll be playing an mmorpg on low

did you give the texty friend what-for?
        I ignored the text. I'll probably white lie that I was sick and sleeping tomorrow. I don't see a point in anything else.

This particular set of friends are good peeps, but they would also be the first to go into panic mode and freak smooth out if I had gone with husband and had one of my episodes where I'm having a zone out/partial seizure type time out and it would have gone badly. They would have wanted to 911 me to he hospital and cost me 5k... completely useless, the ER cannot fix what is wrong with me.

Oh... and my family members are completely oblivious.
        Despite the fact that my father has visited during my illness, and I have talked to my brother several times and explained why I sound "like I have a foreign accent" (his words)... I talked to my sister-in-law a week or so ago and she acted like she didn't even know. And my ex-step mother sometimes says hello on FB to say she is frustrated with her drive to work or likes my hair or something, but never even asks how I am. Yay family!
        Husbands mother would move in and bathe and feed me if I needed her though, so small miracles.
        Last edited by cori93437; 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Now you've got me in a bad habit. Every time I see you're not having a good day, I search TV Guide to see if Princess Bride is coming up anytime soon.
          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
            Now you've got me in a bad habit. Every time I see you're not having a good day, I search TV Guide to see if Princess Bride is coming up anytime soon.
            Hehe... my cousin told me I look like Princess Buttercup in my wedding photo I posted. "Mwawage..."
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I've been told I resemble Glinda the Good Witch on The Wizard of Oz, so that's my avatar on other forums.

Well.. then that one drunk guy said I looked like Madonna years ago. But he was drunk.
              Durp.

Comment

• We're not going to start doing PB quotes are we?
                "Go For Broke"
                Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                Small Kine-168/9%
                Now- 200/8%
                Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                  We're not going to start doing PB quotes are we?
                  Inconceivable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    Inconceivable!
                    No! To the Pain!
                    "Go For Broke"
                    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                    Small Kine-168/9%
                    Now- 200/8%
                    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                      No! To the Pain!
                      She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        Glad he is better! Mine has issues, too, and my very own father accused me of "talking the doctor into" prescribing custom ankle braces... Like a world-class pediatric orthopedist at the Cleveland Clinic is going to be such a marshmallow. And I am crazy enough to want the expense of new custom dafos every time her feet grow - the things run usd650 - EACH FOOT. You totally have my understanding and sympathy. Sometimes family members can suck.
                        Thanks Crabcakes! I hope ankle braces help. I know the medical costs can be overwhelming. The inlaws don't see DS that often and when they do he's in good health (otherwise we wouldn't be there) so they don't realize how our daily life revolves around keeping him healthy. But then again they've always treated us like we pamper him. It's true that we make a concerted effort to keep him healthy and it's paid off; most kids with his condition are in the hospital at minimum every 2 yrs.; at 14 he's only had 2 hospitalizations. So what ever we are doing it's working.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                          The inlaws don't see DS that often and when they do he's in good health (otherwise we wouldn't be there) so they don't realize how our daily life revolves around keeping him healthy. But then again they've always treated us like we pamper him. It's true that we make a concerted effort to keep him healthy and it's paid off; most kids with his condition are in the hospital at minimum every 2 yrs.; at 14 he's only had 2 hospitalizations. So what ever we are doing it's working.
                          Soooo glad to hear that the uninformed opinions of others aren't derailing the care of your son! Obviously I can't know what he has, but if he is averaging a hospital stay every 7 years instead of every 2 - DAMNED FINE JOB. I don't let anyone get in my way, either. And people who don't have dependents (or personal experience) with big issues just don't get how hard the daily slog can be. I do PT, OT, ST, VT, bifocals, ankle braces, lots of dental surgery (cause the kiddo doesn't teethe so all must be pulled in sequence) , AAC device (talking computer for the non-verbal), special diet, home equipment for sensory disorder, handicapped eating utensils, all her personal care because she cannot yet do it for herself, and for fun - handicapped swim and horse riding. And the kid is now 11. It's not a brag - I bet you do tons of medical. One day with mine wears my oh-so-opinionated father out - his constant mantra is "did a DOCTOR order this??". He can go to hell. At this point in my life, I have very little patience with people who should know better.

You know what? I'm going to make that the gripe of my day - DENSE FAMIlY MEMBERS.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            She doesn't get eaten by the eels at this time.
                            Ah - there are still the ROUS's....

Comment

• i don't think they exist
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                i don't think they exist
                                Blasphemer!

We'll never survive.
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X