Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post
    My hometown is burning. Everything else going on in the world just seems trivial and irrelevant right now.
    Oh AmyMac, that is awful. My friend's parents' place (his childhood home) was one of the houses that burned in the Slave Lake fire last year--1/3 of the town was destroyed. It's heartbreaking. I hope that people got out safely.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Can we please teach people to be more self-aware? "I'm not interested in anything you have to say because you'll always be wrong in my eyes!" Why can't people just SAY that?!
      Depression Lies

Comment

• So, in trying to save some money (feeding my family of 5) I looked at canned tuna. This would also have been a huge time saver, as I have 3 young children and work full time.

THEY PUT SOY AND OTHER CRAP IN THE CANNED TUNA!!! WTF?!?!

Comment

• The Waldo Canyon fire seems to be getting better- far less smoke today. I hear they're finally getting a solid handle on the High Park fire, too, although we did steal the prize for the most structures lost. Goodie?

I didn't know you were here, too, AmyMac! Hi!

GOTD: Idiots and assholes that seem to think evacuation notices are given for shits and giggles. We have had ONE confirmed death so far with 32,500 evacuees. That's with the fire flying down hill and into the town in a totally unexpected way on Tuesday. Just because you THINK you can outrun the fire if it does that again does not mean that you CAN.
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I don't live here full time, but I grew up in CS. I'm spending a month here this summer while I'm between leases in Idaho (where I'm a grad student). And I was totally looking forward to doing the Manitou Incline every day while I was here to get in great shape ... this fire sucks! (Obviously that was a little sarcastic, there are more important things than the incline, but yeah!
            Not to be pessimistic, but I expect they'll find more bodies -- with how quickly the fire came down over the ridge, there was no way everyone got out of there.
            Are you in one of the evac areas? If you need a place to stay (pet friendly and primal food!) PM me and I'll give you my info.
            Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I hate it when people who use nom or any version, thereof; when describing food - wtf you sound like a 2 year old

Comment

• If this computer had a face, I would be punching it, repeatedly, until my knuckles were broken and bleeding, just so it could go to the hospital and be someone else's problem. This would have been a great learning experience, up until extending over the weekend and my fix not working because of a stupid application (the idea was sound, the program just did not do what it was supposed to do, despite SAYING it had completed successfully).
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by AmyMac703 View Post
                  I don't live here full time, but I grew up in CS. I'm spending a month here this summer while I'm between leases in Idaho (where I'm a grad student). And I was totally looking forward to doing the Manitou Incline every day while I was here to get in great shape ... this fire sucks! (Obviously that was a little sarcastic, there are more important things than the incline, but yeah!
                  Not to be pessimistic, but I expect they'll find more bodies -- with how quickly the fire came down over the ridge, there was no way everyone got out of there.
                  Are you in one of the evac areas? If you need a place to stay (pet friendly and primal food!) PM me and I'll give you my info.
                  I really appreciate the offer, but I'm well away from the fire. My roommate and I skipped out for a bit partially because if they called for an evacuation that far east, it would be a mess, and partially because we like to be able to breathe

People keep telling me about the Incline. It falls under "I really should and really, really don't want to." It's, what, a mile of stairs?

The couple they found was apparently pulling into their garage and closing the door when everyone else was leaving. Hopefully no one else was that stupid?
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Get them hooked early...

PAINKILLERS FOR KIDS - The Daily

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldRose View Post
                      So, in trying to save some money (feeding my family of 5) I looked at canned tuna. This would also have been a huge time saver, as I have 3 young children and work full time.

THEY PUT SOY AND OTHER CRAP IN THE CANNED TUNA!!! WTF?!?!
                      There are some brands that don't add the crap - keep reading labels. I buy the Sunflower Market yellow fin tuna for abt. $1.30 a can and it has no soy or funky oil in it. I think all the name brands add it though.

Comment

• My GOTD (also Gripe of the Month carried over from last month): Childish co-workers. (Well, one specifically.)

For heaven's sake, I DON'T care what you're doing in your cube. I make a point of NOT looking into it. You don't need to "wallpaper" the window between our cubes to keep me from looking! Really!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          If this computer had a face, I would be punching it, repeatedly, until my knuckles were broken and bleeding, just so it could go to the hospital and be someone else's problem. This would have been a great learning experience, up until extending over the weekend and my fix not working because of a stupid application (the idea was sound, the program just did not do what it was supposed to do, despite SAYING it had completed successfully).
                          Imagine doing this with an application you'd never seen before working at your employer, while being paid to do graphic arts (and believe me, there's a STEEP pay grade difference between IT and graphic arts, unless you're an art director in a big city). That summarizes my existence. We run a piece of accounting software that is completely wrong for our usage, within an Active Directory ecosystem. I want to Thelma and Louise myself once a week, but there are no canyons here...
                          Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                          Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                          Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                          Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                          ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• I buy the Cloverleaf tuna here, which is probably the most common name brand in a lot of grocery stores in my part of Canada, and at least the water-packed skipjack variety I get only has tuna, water, and salt as ingredients. Don't buy oil-packed tuna--it will almost certainly have soybean oil in it.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              I buy the Cloverleaf tuna here, which is probably the most common name brand in a lot of grocery stores in my part of Canada, and at least the water-packed skipjack variety I get only has tuna, water, and salt as ingredients. Don't buy oil-packed tuna--it will almost certainly have soybean oil in it.
                              +1 Yes, most oil packed tuna does that i've seen.
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• most of the water packed tuna i've seen in the stores has "broth" in it. who knows what's actually in that.
                                my primal journal:
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X