Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
    What really ticks me off is HFCS in Horseradish. It should be just the horseradish root and vinegar and that is so hard to find these days. They even make it with soybean oil. Are they all nuts?
    Try the kosher section. They've got the good stuff.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
      Anyone listen to "FUN"? The kid (and I say that, because yes I'm an OG:-) sounds a lot like Freddy Mercury...
      YES, he does. The guy can't quite hit those notes like Freddie but he and the band are like new age Queen to me.

      My friends never thought of it like that before and now they blame me for making FUN=New Age Queen for them, lol.
      Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

      Current Age: 25

      Total Loss: 126 lbs

      Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

      Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

      Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

      My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jes1014 View Post
        Yay! A fellow librarian!!
        Not a librarian, just a library assistant who works in the technical services department and scans new books into a system of 10 libraries. I do the really popular fiction and the majority of the continuations which includes reference, travel books and @&$=+^%#} test prep books.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
          went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
          Try to find Wickles. Our Safeway carries it

          Products

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
            went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
            I just got back from a local Indian grocery store and I checked the relish jars there...no HFCS.

            They looked really delicious too and I don't normally go for relish.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
              went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
              Not to crush your dreams, but Frank's Red Hot has plenty of high fructose corn syrup in it.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

              Comment


              • Registrar's office gave us one hot mess of a schedule for next semester, completely omitting the two most important classes of the whole degree program.

                This will not do.

                Might have to resort to something devious. Blackadder "I've got a cunning plan" (weasel) - YouTube

                Comment


                • Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
                  I'm done cooking for you; from now on it's every man for himself.
                  "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                  "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                  "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                    Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
                    I'm done cooking for you; from now on it's every man for himself.
                    Well, I hope he has fun with his "sandwiches," and frozen pizza, which, you should remind him, both mix food groups in a "breach of etiquette." LOL!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                      Well, I hope he has fun with his "sandwiches," and frozen pizza, which, you should remind him, both mix food groups in a "breach of etiquette." LOL!!!
                      She mixed the ingredients together. Like a hash.
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                        She mixed the ingredients together. Like a hash.
                        My mouth magically makes a hash of any dinner I eat. Stupid, etiquette breaching mouth!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                          Spouse looked at my bowl of mushrooms and asparagus topped with some hamburger, guacamole and salsa and said why do I mix my food like that and that he found it so disgusting he couldn't even look at it. WTF? After 12 years you suddenly have a problem with this? And to say that "many cultures would find this to be a gross breach of etiquette"? I call bullshit.
                          I'm done cooking for you; from now on it's every man for himself.
                          remember this, when he puts on puppydog eyes and asks you to make something because he's hungry
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

                          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • You would think what with his law degree and all he would see the fallacy in his so-called logic.
                            But no.
                            My brother used to have a thing with the food on his plate touching and the parents would tell him "it all gets mixed up in your stomach anyway".

                            The sad part is that I have been buying all the groceries and doing all the cooking for the last few months.
                            I may just be magically Ifing every day at dinnertime.
                            Why? Because I can.
                            Last edited by Blackbird; 06-19-2012, 09:21 PM.
                            "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                            "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                            "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
                              My brother used to have a thing with the food on his plate touching and the parents would tell him "it all gets mixed up in your stomach anyway".
                              I admit it. I'm a food separatist too.

                              But if someone else is doing the cooking, I'm an "everything looks great, thank you SO much" instead.
                              Durp.

                              Comment


                              • stupid serpentine belt slipped off while i was driving. *surprise!!* you have no power steering while you're trying to make a tight turn in the rain and hail!! thank goodness for the pushups that i have done, and am now motivated to begin again.
                                my primal journal:
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X