Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
    well, this makes me feel old, too! I recently heard The`Cure playing in Petsmart and realized I was`their target demographic
    When I catch The Cure playing out in public... I usually grab something to pretend it's a microphone and embarrass the p*ss outa the husband!

Other songs I just suddenly break into dance... I'd say that's probably equally embarrassing as far as he is concerned.

It's OK though, he isn't innocent... sometimes he follows me quacking like a duck.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I had what my granny terms an "old fart moment" a few days ago, and I'm only 27. I was in the car with my nine year old niece, who was prattling on abt her latest boy band obsession. Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" came on the radio and I started singing my guts out. The song finished and I hear this from the backseat: "Oh, that's a great song! Is that new band?"
      I gave her a quick rundown of when Queen was and why they aren't making more, then introduced her (via my mp3 player phone) to Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Styx, and Boston before I dropped her off.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Goddamnit. My brain is shit today. There is a twitch in my face that won't stop. I am anxious as all get out. I am in escape mode and desperate to get somewhere I feel safe.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I managed to stumble over a broken tree branch while walking my dogs and pulled a lower back muscle on the awkward landing. GRRRR.
          Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
          Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
          Current weight: 210.8 lbs
          Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
          ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            When I catch The Cure playing out in public... I usually grab something to pretend it's a microphone and embarrass the p*ss outa the husband!

Other songs I just suddenly break into dance... I'd say that's probably equally embarrassing as far as he is concerned.

It's OK though, he isn't innocent... sometimes he follows me quacking like a duck.
            Your house sounds ridiculously fun.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• My gripe today is:
              My rich, pretentious prick of a boss.
              He can't even get his own coffee - he says "why should I have to get up when i can pay someone to do it for me?"
              The man drives a purple porsche.
              Everything is about status.....
              here's the funny part, he kept a classic car in his garage, and decided he was going to sell it, a man came by & made him an offer "cash" he took 4k less than what he posted it for, it now sits in my husbands garage because the man who bought it has had to have work done to it. My Husband will make $ on something the boss could've made more $ on if he didn't just buy stuff to show off and didn't know how to care for it, and didn't take people for granted thinking they were stupid. *evil laugh*
              Pretentious prick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                Your house sounds ridiculously fun.
                We're just a couple of average looking dorks who try and enjoy the small things.
                I figure, when you add it all up... those small things cover a LOT more of life than the "big moments" most people wait for.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                  I'm in travel book hell. One of our libraries order 160 travel books. I hate the end of the fiscal year.
                  Yay! A fellow librarian!!
                  Thread-killer extraordinaire
                  My journal
                  Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
                  207/186/160

Comment

• went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!

Comment

• sweet relish is just minced up teeny tiny sweet gherkins

you can make your own relish jennarose, i have faith in yew!

now go get some gherkins
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        II gave her a quick rundown of when Queen was and why they aren't making more, then introduced her (via my mp3 player phone) to Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, Styx, and Boston before I dropped her off.
                        I used to have long drives with the kids in the backseat, so I'd quiz them about rock bands. A song would come on the radio (classic rock station) and I'd give them a quarter if they could name the song and the artist. But it got too expensive. On the bright side, they know their rock history.

When I wear my Led Zep tee, most of the comments come from 20-something guys.
                        Last edited by RitaRose; 06-15-2012, 04:24 PM.
                        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post

We are lucky enough to have a band room, wish you could come jam with us!

Comment

• Queen!

I made sue to give my own some a thorough tour of rock history...
                            He would listen to some of my old stuff in his MP3 in the locker room and the other guys would ask if it was new.
                            He once came home gobsmacked thatone of his buddies had thought some old Queen was new Queens of the Stone Age or something. When the guy asked who it was son replied "Queen", and his buddy replied back, as if it jogged his memory "Oh yeah, Queens of the Stone Age." LOL
                            Also... <3
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Anyone listen to "FUN"? The kid (and I say that, because yes I'm an OG:-) sounds a lot like Freddy Mercury...
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                                went to Safeway/Vons today to get some paper products. While I was there, also picked up condiments I can't find at Whole Foods--Worchestershire sauce and Frank's Red Hot. Also needed some sweet relish for a recipe, so I find the pickles and relish. I picked up a jar of sweet relish, flip it over--Corn syrup. OH YEAH, this is why i dont buy stuff at the regular grocery store. Pick up another jar...HFCS. another--HFCS............AND ANOTHER----H........F...........C........S!!!!!!!!! ARGH! seriously? ALL of the sweet relishes with HFCS? NOT EVEN SUGAR?!?!?!?!
                                What really ticks me off is HFCS in Horseradish. It should be just the horseradish root and vinegar and that is so hard to find these days. They even make it with soybean oil. Are they all nuts?

Comment

Working...
                                X