• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
    So you are hard to get??
    I think he just plays hard to get...
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      My poor Charlie had to have his tumor removed today, and a teeth cleaning.
      They had to extract THREE of his teeth!
      He's only 6, and one of the teeth was a canine...

my tiny kitty had to have a few teeth extracted 4 years ago.
      my primal journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        All the other parents were here for the entire class, but you're too important and busy. So I've been trying to run a training session for 15 minutes (meaning you're 45 minutes late), but I have to keep stopping my workout and the team's to A. make sure your kids aren't running out the door into the parking lot B. pick up our magazines they're dropping on the floor C. stop them from beating each other up D. keep them from spilling water and/or gatorade all over the floor. Every. Week.
        Best part of this is- it's not like you can even put the twerps to work. Whenever Mom was late to pick me up from riding lessons ( the result of four very busy kids, not deliberately pushing me off on someone else) I got to clean tack. Not wander around and pet horses. No, work. (To this day, I have an unreasonable affection for a barn with hot running water- cleaning tack in the winter sucks) Guess what- my instructor was right. I DO like cleaning tack now- and with all that practice, I'm pretty good at it. You'd NEVER get away with that today.

GOTD: The office for helping me figure out a new job is only open during regular business hours. That's great- for someone who doesn't work during regular business hours. "Excuse me, employer that I hate. Can I have some time off to take a seminar on how to get a new job while I'm supposed to be working here? Because that's the only time it's offered."
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post

my tiny kitty had to have a few teeth extracted 4 years ago.
          He's home, and more subdued but happy nonetheless.
          As usual with Veterinary visits my bank account probably hurts more than Charlie does.
          I still can't believe 3 teeth!
          My 11 yr old badly bread, neurotic-ridiculous MinSchanu has very good teeth... and he's not a chewer!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• i need to get one of the kitties spayed; we've been putting it off due to $$ but she has been in heat 3 times in the last 2 months so it needs to happen soon. the other kitty has never been spayed, but considering she's around 10 and has never been in heat, probably not an issue!
            my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
              Tailgating in general is my biggest driving pet peeve. Not only is it unsafe, it just makes no sense. The person tailgating is cutting down their own maneuverability and putting their safety in the hands of the person in front of them.

The thing that astonishes me is that the people I know who do this tend to be of the sort that think all the other drivers on the road are idiots and that their own driving skills are nigh on professional. I don't care how good a driver you think you are. If you are riding on the ass of some 'idiot' and they hit the brakes unexpectedly, you are going to crash. If you think they're all dumbasses, why are you relying on them to keep you safe? Back off and give yourself the room to pass them if you don't like how they're driving.

Of course, I think it's more about their need to express their disapproval by crawling up the other driver's butt than it is about a reasoned philosophy on how to drive.
              Tailgaters so piss me off that I ALWAYS tap the brakes. And then I look in the rear view mirror and tell them to "Get off my ass".

It's not as if I drive slow. The Highway Patrol gave me a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 in my teensy little town. (I have been really careful ever since. Insurance doncha' know.)

I have a really weird road where I live and one time we had a 5 car pile-up at the end of my driveway. Come on guys, it's a rural road. Deal.
              Last edited by tapper47; 06-06-2012, 07:47 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

• GOTD: I am GOING the speed limit (love cruise control- helps avoid tickets from the sheriff) and have jerks riding my ass then roaring around on a country road. Really? You are in that much of a hurry? I guess they need to get to that intersection a whole minute or two ahead of me.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  GOTD: I am GOING the speed limit (love cruise control- helps avoid tickets from the sheriff) and have jerks riding my ass then roaring around on a country road. Really? You are in that much of a hurry? I guess they need to get to that intersection a whole minute or two ahead of me.
                  Yesterday I was on a windy back road, with no where to pass behind a driver going 30 in a 40 mph zone. The person behind me was right up my ass. It's not my fault that I'm driving under the speed limit; therefore, riding up my ass will not make me drive any faster.

Drivers these days act as if everyone is in their way. There is a rudeness and inconsiderateness that was not there 20 years ago. They approach stop signs and right turns where you have to stop and look first with the view that instead of YOU HAVE TO STOP AND LOOK BEFORE PROCEEDING -with I'll just keep going if no one is coming. They've decided that yield must apply to traffic already on the road, because I've been cut off so many time by a driver going through a yield sign I've lost count. I can't imagine why everyone thinks their time is more precious that someone else's and why they don't realize that when they cause an accident due to their negligent driving it costs everyone time and money.

My opinion of other drivers has become even worse since I was hit by a driver going through a red light while I was making a turn on a green arrow. Luckily I was almost through the intersection and she hit me in my rear quarter panel. Still totaled my car and caused me a lot of anxiety. Had to go to the doc for Xanax so I could sleep. This happened last August and I'm still jumpy when I see a driver giving the appearance of not stopping at a signal.

Comment

• I will agree about the increasing lack of consideration on the road. Do not even get me started on merge lanes... its much like the yield issue. Someone mentioned driving defensibly, which I do. I remember back when I was learning to drive (ummm feels like eleven-teen thousand years ago) that term being pounded into my head. I had some understanding of it but not the clarity I do these days.

Though I am not sure what is worse, country roads or inner city. Its a good day when I do not have to drive to the city.
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GOTD: Almost no rain for months and then the worst storm in 10 years last night. My creek that is normally a trickle rose about 8 ft and flooded the back yard, taking with it almost 10 yards of play ground mulch, washed away most of my "good" garden soil and hailed the crap out of everything else. What a mess.

Other than that, I totally am counting my blessings as the tornados missed us entirely and other than a huge mess, all is well

Comment

• Oh dear, we watched the storms roll in last night and move south. the weather changed from warm and sunny to cold and windy, then the wind stopped and the rain started. the wind came back fiercely and i heard a whirring sound. i knew it wasn't right for a tornado, so i wasn't worried for us. i'm glad you guys made through it alright too. I'm sorry you lost your soil amendments.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• I try hard to be a responsible person, and a forgiving person, too, and I try to be an example of both to our four kids. I really do kinda' believe in the old saying that "what goes around comes around".

But last weekend I got upset. The oldest daughter and I were at a local university-affiliated nature center. Really nice set-up, a local farmer donated all his land and barn ages ago, real research plots are there, tons of programs for the youngest to the oldest all year 'round, from city-kid-who-never-saw-a-cow-before to seasoned nature lovers out with the naturalist, and I don't think I have ever seen a fee for anything.

So we are out with the college prof doing map and compass work class and when we get to the pond, someone had demolished part of the fencing around the pond. I hate vandalism!!! The oldest almost said what I was thinking, and it wasn't polite...
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• I have to buy new slacks, because mine have out grown me, again.

I saunter over to the mens department at Target where I find stacks and stacks of 36/38/40 waist Kakhi's and TWO! stinking pair of 32's, one of which was Pleated. UGH!

I look around the store as I walk to the checkout with my single pair of pants and don't see any dudes likely to be wearing 32 waist pants.

I wannna' know who keeps taking all the 32s.

And, the smallest belt they have is a 32/36, which puts me straight to the last hole. I already have a belt like that, dammit!

I didn't think to look in the boys dept. Maybe next time.

Comment

• GOTD: BLEEPING smoke detectors that BLEEPING have to pick 4am as the time to BLEEPING start BLEEPING to ask for a new battery when I am sound asleep. Waking up huhwat?, stumbling around in the dark trying to find new battery by flashlight, getting battery in the wrong way and then the damn thing gets stuck and won't open to let me get the battery in right so it won't BLEEPING stop BLEEPING all BLEEPING night. I finally gave up and went to bed with ear plugs in and sorted it out in the morning.

Comment

• I have an open fireplace, so a smoke detector wouldn't do me much good, at least not in winter. (er, see current pic <- )

Comment

Working...
                                X