Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
    i think that's pretty awesome. old people need to have fun, more so than anyone else i think.
    For sure.
    I think it's a shame that the way things are done for older people so often reduces the time they can spend with peer groups.

I think they feel less valued as a person and loose their sense of self. It's really downhill once that happens.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Gripe of the Day: Snow. It is snowing right now.
      Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
      5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
      Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
      TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
      bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Personally, I think it is because the person in front of me is driving way too freaking slowly. Then again, perhaps it is just this town where apparently "Speed Limit 35" means "No faster than 20" Not that I tailgate much to be honest, but it is frustrating when I can ride a bike faster than most idiots in this town can drive.
        I was driving at least the speed limit.

On the way home yesterday, everyone seemed to be confusing the brake pedal with the gas pedal (or just couldn't find the gas pedal) and going 5 mph under the 50 mph speed limit on a major road.

Comment

• I have to say I don't really understand why people get confused/angry with traffic. It happens. There are a lot of people on the road, people get nervous and slow down, which slows everyone else down, it precipitates (not the rain kind) etc. When Boyfriend and I travel, I drive in the city areas/traffic hours because while boring, the stop and go does not make me angry. And personally I think that everyone has been guilty of rubber-necking at LEAST once.

GotD: Yesterday was actually an okay today, but today I am depressed. Having felt so much better just 13 hours ago makes me feel that much worse.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
            For sure.
            I think it's a shame that the way things are done for older people so often reduces the time they can spend with peer groups.

I think they feel less valued as a person and loose their sense of self. It's really downhill once that happens.
            I count myself lucky to have a number of elders in my circle of friends. I'm maybe unusual in that my social circle includes people from people in their late teens right on up to people in their 80s. I had a great time on the weekend carpooling to a meeting with a group of older members of an organization I'm involved with--I was the youngest person in the car by more than 30 years. I ended up having coffee with a couple of the women who were in their 70s, and I was reminded again that older people have incredible humour and wit and a lifetime of great stories and wisdom. Oh, and the old ladies I know are definitely not uninterested in sex!

Our culture is so messed up around how we treat elders. A lot of the "Blue Zone" cultures are ones where people are valued and included in the community as they age and where elders are people who are honoured and respected.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              I have to say I don't really understand why people get confused/angry with traffic. It happens. There are a lot of people on the road, people get nervous and slow down, which slows everyone else down, it precipitates (not the rain kind) etc. When Boyfriend and I travel, I drive in the city areas/traffic hours because while boring, the stop and go does not make me angry. And personally I think that everyone has been guilty of rubber-necking at LEAST once.

It makes me angry because it shouldn't happen. Nervous and confused on the only f'ing street in town? Really? No. GTFO the road. Slowing for an accident...sure, that is safety and often the law. Rubbernecking as part of said slow down, okay. Driving half the speed limit because you are a f*cking idiot? No. GTFO the road. Oh, look, it is raining, I should slow down to 40 on the 75 mph Interstate because...because...because you are an idiot who should not be allowed to drive if a little bit of rain makes you drive this slowly. It's not a f*cking monsoon, it is drizzle. GTFO the road.

yeah, driving, great for my cortisol levels

Comment

• Haha I guess I DO understand, it just does not make me angry. People are just stupid. I'm not really an optimist.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• As a former road rager... yes. BAD for cortisol!

Since I can no longer drive... I like to smile at husband and tell him to 'Relax'.
                  As in, "Relax baby, being angry at the idiots won't them drive better."
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• People were driving especially badly yesterday, and I wondered if it was a full moon or something, which, in fact, it turned out to be.

Too many people drive like they're playing a video game. I usually do the speed limit, maybe a little bit over, but consider myself defensive and courteous. What I cannot abide is the idea that I could get snuffed by some shithead 20-something in a souped-up whatever thinking he's invincible. Avoid poisonous things, right? But sometimes those poisonous things are moving fast and come pretty damned close.

I secretly wish for rocket launchers embedded in my vehicle.

Comment

• GOTD: that moment when they really really see you for you....Sigh....I told you and told you and told you....
                      Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                      Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                      Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I know I'm not in a good place when I really want a cup of hot cocoa and keep having an internal argument on whether or not I should cave and have it. I know the first day is the hardest when I'm dropping refined sugar from the diet again, but part of me just wants it to be any other day because today sucks and I would feel better (but not okay) to have this. It's such a stupid thing to worry over.

And I know that the cocoa actually symbolizes deeper negative desires that I am fighting.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          GOTD: that moment when they really really see you for you....Sigh....I told you and told you and told you....
                          From what I've seen, "You" seems to be pretty good. Were they too shallow to get that?
                          Durp.

Comment

• I'm feeling gunky. I think I'm coming down with whatever the latest bug in the area is. That front that blew through last night didn't help my respiratory passages either.
                            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                            My Latest Journal

Comment

• My gripe is watching parents all day, who let their kids walk all over them in public. I'm talking about whining, bitching, stepping all over parents, who just plead and beg and weakly "threaten" their kids- anything to get them to stop. That does not work. I stopped a little girl's temper tantrum today with "A LOOK." I'm not a parent, yet, but I have been a teacher for a bit, and I think that kids should never doubt who's in charge. I have never had a kid hate me, because I'm an authoritarian, in fact, some kids who I thought must surely hate me, after being disciplined, have come to me with cards, flowers and thanks at the end of the year.
                              Anyway, I'm sure this rant will garner me lots of hate from the parents on here, but, well, this is just my gripe.

Comment

• My slogan is "I can't hear whining". My kids are awesome, because they believe me.
                                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Working...
                                X