No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a bill from my doctor for $110 because my insurance company didn't pay it. When i call the insurance company and ask why they say the doctor is not in their network of providers. Oh really, BECAUSE I PICKED THE DOCTOR FROM THE LIST YOU GAVE ME, ITS NOT LIKE I JUST PULLED HER NAME OUT OF MY ASS. 3 customer service reps later and explaining that I'm reading the name off of their f***ing website they say "oh yeah, there it is. You're right." so thats how i spent the morning on my day off. Thanks a**holes!
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

1. I'm at work instead of getting laid.

2. I went way off the horse this weekend and now I have the shits. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jspradley View Post
        1. I'm at work instead of getting laid.

2. I went way off the horse this weekend and now I have the shits. lol
        I thought you were only allowed one gripe per day

Bummer on both though
        ma blog: http://happybeehive.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
          LOL I like this game. I'm well over my allowed mistakes though.

My gripe: The United States is a REPUBLIC, not a DEMOCRACY, DAMMIT! People can't seem to get that right.

Agreed. Why people think Democracy would be a good form of government is beyond me. I also do not understand why people seem to think that "Democracy" would work everywhere. When was the last time that Egypt was a real democracy? Libya?

Originally posted by carres1973 View Post
          I am posting this one on behalf of my husband (and Diana's post reminded me of it):

The President of the United States of America IS NOT the "leader of the free world." He is the President of THE UNITED STATES. The rest of the world have their own leaders!

Carrie
          Agreed again.

Comment

My gripe of the day would be not getting some last night or err this morning. I really should have done that when he was offering at 12:30 AM.
            Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
              Trying to navigate through this ridiculous health insurance maze. Srsly, what would somebody who had cancer, a brain injury, or was older and a bit demented, or just plain not too smart to begin with and paperwork averse do? I've just spent FOUR hours this morning filling out claim forms... which my insurance company will go out of their way to find the smallest reason to deny. JUST REIMBURSE ME ALREADY! I'm exhausted, and my brain is like a marshmallow right now. Who can I marry in Canada and be rid of this joke of a U.S. for-profit insurance system?

/rant

thank you
              Totally agree. i spent the better part of the morning filling out claims for "out of network" insurance bills and reimbursement form my flexible spending account. They make it difficult so you don't go after YOUR money. They are all scum bags. I hate them!

Comment

Oh ho! Don't EVEN get me started on the FSA, seaclam!!!!!
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

My gripe - the worthless dumb asses who hosted the Oscars last night. Nice job Academy on trying to appeal to a "younger demographic". They were both a couple of empty suits and dresses. The Academy had their head up their corn holes....wait don't eat corn...bacon holes then!

Comment

ME EITHER!!! The new rule this year that you can't get reimbursement for over-the-counter medication is total B.S.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seaclam View Post
                      My gripe - the worthless dumb asses who hosted the Oscars last night. Nice job Academy on trying to appeal to a "younger demographic". They were both a couple of empty suits and dresses. The Academy had their head up their corn holes....wait don't eat corn...bacon holes then!
                      I thought Anne Hathaway did an alright job. James Franco left a lot to be desired however. Havent' been anyone good hosting it since Billy Crystal.
                      Georgette

Comment

the more I do the longer my to do list gets.
                        MTA: because it is rare I dont have more to say

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - my daughter Age 7

Comment

I would rather go without insurance then deal with an HSA or FSA again.
                          Georgette

Comment

I'm having to run our household by myself while going to grad school, AND not freaking getting laid because the navy decided that my husband, who is on FREAKING SHORE DUTY, after just spending 1 year of the last two on deployments should be picked for an Independent Assignment and sent to the East Coast for 7 months .... EVEN THOUGH THERE WAS A GUY WHO WAS QUALIFIED WHO WANTED TO GO AND HAD ASKED TO GO FIRST.

Yes I'm bitter about it... I'll get over it, eventually.
                            sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

Originally posted by Digby View Post
                              TigerLily: You are too right. And in the wealthiest country in the world. It's a disgrace.
                              One of the scary things is that we're not even saving money. The US government already spends more per capita on health care than most other nations that have national health. That is aside from what we are paying as consumers and employers. It's a big giveaway to the insurance companies. They have all the younger people paying into the private system and when we reach our most expensive years, then we become the state's problem. Plus big pharma likes it since they don't have to deal with an 800 lb gorilla negotiating drugs pricing the way they do in other countries. We pay so much more for the same medications than our neighbors to the north and south. I know many people fear the government running health insurance, but I'd frankly rather have my life in their hands than a company with a profit motive and a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders to provide me with as little care as they can possibly get away with.

Comment

If I'm only allowed one gripe per day then last Friday maxed me out for the next 7 years.

*wanders off making notes to return to this post in 2018*

Comment

Working...
                                X