No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *waits patiently in the background for Gay Panda and Saoirse to take each other out to leave Hot BloodOrchid to be snapped up . . .*
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Oh, no, you don't! I have a contingency plan for the likes of you and Darth Friendly!
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        Oh, no, you don't! I have a contingency plan for the likes of you and Darth Friendly!
        Wait, how did I get compared to Darth Friendly? I'm strangely flattered . . .

And, curses, foiled again! I'm feeling like a chicken breast here.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• you guys crack me up

i needed that

i shall spread my lady favors amongst you all
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
            You are all the harem we need.
            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• *snort*
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

naiad, sorry i didn't mean to steal your GOTD thunder in any way. i know how frustrating it can be, albeit in a vicarious sort of way. my husband went to college because he was supposed to, gaining admin a little experience before and throughout college. he switched majors to IT (comp sc) to get his degree in the hopes of being marketable with experience and a degree. well, when he finished his bachelor's, the IT field had become so saturated that he struggled with employment for years. meanwhile, his friends who skipped college and went straight into the field were making good money because they had the experience. currently, he's being paid half of what someone with his experience should be making in the area, and we have to deal with a long distance relationship just to pay the bills. it really sucks when reality doesn't match up with what we're told should happen.

okay, MY GOTD: my dear little toddler put his fucking Zhuzhu pet in my hair, and i had to cut a chunk out.
                Last edited by Saoirse; 04-11-2012, 03:03 PM.
                my primal journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                  okay, MY GOTD: my dear little toddler put his fucking Zhuzhu pet in my hair, and i had to cut a chunk out.
                  Those little things are the devil on wheels. Like when you finally settle a kid to bed in the middle of the night and go to tiptoe back to your room and suddenly, "WeeeeOOOwooooooo! *whiiirrrrrrrrrr*" GAH! I've had to cut one out of my 4 year old's hair as well. You have my sympathy.
                  You don't have to be sick to get better.
                  Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                  Primal start: 1/2/2012
                  My Primal Journal
                  Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• lol, thx. on the bright side, maybe i'll finally have the motivation to get a haircut.
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      I was an English major, but I did IT work at my school and went into the IT field after graduating. I wasn't really thinking about how my degree would be useful, it was more about the "Look! I have dedication! I suffered through 4 yrs of liberal arts education!" for my resume than anything else. I doubt I'll ever use my degree directly in my work, and I'm really not interested in doing so. Reading and writing is just what interested me most at the time, though if I could go back, I would've shoved myself into the Computer Science program.
                      Similar to my background. I studied history and kinda fell into software engineering. But it was a different time. I did start out in a soul-sucking admin job just to pay my bills but prairie dogging every time there was something new to be learned got me out of that. Tech companies were so desperate for people who could just jump in feet first and learn, I was able to prove myself and move up. I'm supposed to have a masters in CS to do my job. I would very much like to go back and do that, but it's hard to make the time. At least I have a lot of years in industry to back me up.

Plus I was not burdened with loans! School was cheaper. I was able to work part time and with a few schoalrships and the safety net provided by my parents, I got through without debt. Had to do the five year plan since I worked 30-35 hours a week and took 12 units, but it was doable. Now the state university I went to has about quadrupled in price just for tuition. Financial aid is much harder to get. Rent in the area is easily two to three times as much. And the type of crap jobs I had when I was in school pay about the same as they did then. If I were starting university now, there's no way I could get through without massive loans. That's what drives me bonkers when I hear people my age tell the recent grads that they're just lazy and entitled. It's a completely different ball game now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                        Those little things are the devil on wheels. Like when you finally settle a kid to bed in the middle of the night and go to tiptoe back to your room and suddenly, "WeeeeOOOwooooooo! *whiiirrrrrrrrrr*" GAH! I've had to cut one out of my 4 year old's hair as well. You have my sympathy.
                        Um yeah those are bad for your hair. It says so on the package lol
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Gotd : at daughters soccer practice and 2 little girls between ages 3-5 are playing in and around the cars. Where is the mother? Naddaclue
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GoTD: So I've been sick since midsummer last year, and it's been getting progressively worse. I've now seen: my primary care doc three times, an endocrinologist, a (second) rheumatologist, a neurologist, and been made radioactive twice for cardiac imaging tests. No one has any fucking clue what's wrong with me. After research and talking to some of my dad's colleagues at the NIH, I'm suspecting it's chronic Lyme disease. A disease which the CDC doesn't even think exists. A disease for which the cure is a year of antibiotic treatments. I don't even care at this point. I'll OD on real pickles and kimchee.

Comment

• I've been getting neuromuscular therapy. Had my third session yesterday, which was mostly posture, alignment type work. Usually I'm a slightly sore, nothing major, then it goes away after a day or two. We overdid it a bit. Last night I had the back/headache from hell. Today, the back is better but I've had a pukey, migraine-ish headache all day.
                              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

gonorrhea is the gift that keeps giving.

Comment

Working...
                                X