Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
    Speaking of which has anybody noticed that shopping carts are bigger now? (implied: that we're a fatter nation)When I was little I remember they were much smaller, except if you were at a Sam's Club or something. Now they're like tanks or shopping hummers. Farging huuuuuuuge.

No wonder 'Merica is so fat.
    I think you just solved the obesity crisis. I'm calling the supermarket right now, see if I can convince them to get those food-Hummers outta there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
      I think you just solved the obesity crisis. I'm calling the supermarket right now, see if I can convince them to get those food-Hummers outta there.
      Food hummer..lmao
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I never need one of those big carts... I just take the little basket... but I don't eat a lot.

GotD: Being way too busy! I just wish I could take a few hours of quiet time for myself. My life is hectic right now.

Comment

• gotd: i have no logistical reason to ride a food hummer other than laziness
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

• heh, food hummer.

i usually use the tiny carts meant for senior citizens and single people. have you seen those? they're basically shopping baskets on wheels. then i carry the toddler and the kids have no choice but to walk.

gotd: crotchety men. bloodorchid, we should repopulate the ASDF thread.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• do you think my sad feelings can drag themselves all the way over there?

i might need a hoverround
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• If you get excited over a "food hummer", does that make you a foodaphile (I think I just invented that)? Or just deprived?

Comment

• i was thinking she meant those motorized carts, i really wanna putput around in those and yell 'GET OUTTA THE WAY'

but i see now, she means buggies. i do most of my grocery shopping at walmart with the big giant buggies. when i go somewhere else with smaller carts i have to change the force i use to push it around

feels weird, man. feels real weird.

but i for sure would classify myself as deprived, cause i haven't won the powerball yet
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I have to use one of those motorized carts sometimes.... they SUCK!

There is one local store that has a small supply of the old style half carts, the top basket is higher and there is room for large or tall items underneath... I LOVE them!
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• i would like those. i'm anal in how i put things in the cart and that would be perfect
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        i would like those. i'm anal in how i put things in the cart and that would be perfect
                        Yes!

Grocery checkers love me because I'm anal about how I unload the cart too. I put the heavy stuff onto the belt first, all of the frozen and refrigerated together, then all of the squishable stuff last.
                        Durp.

Comment

• As a kid my grandma let me sit in the bottom part. Fond memories.

I thought I was the only one with a segregated cart/belt... We're all nuts! LOL
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• noooo, we're just organized
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              As a kid my grandma let me sit in the bottom part. Fond memories.

I thought I was the only one with a segregated cart/belt... We're all nuts! LOL
                              It's not nuts! I have a scientific method for grocery placement on the belt. For me, it's all about what gets unloaded first, and what needs to be put away ASAP. It all goes together.

Comment

• gotd: dammit, i want ice cream!
                                my primal journal:
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X