Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
    If you seek someone that accepts you for who you are; you'll more likely find success. The more requirements the more unlikely you to find the "right" person. You can be your own biggest obstacle.
    True..omg I agreed again lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I...actually agree...with kenn.

*waits for world to come to an end*

I'm in the happiest relationship of my life with a man who in many ways did not fit my "type" at all. I used to go for tortured artists, but I ended up with a big-hearted jock who has a moving and delivery business. I realized that the details of work and musical tastes were not as important as the personality--loves books, is killer funny, cares about the world around him, and has a great sense of adventure.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
        y--loves books, is killer funny, cares about the world around him, and has a great sense of adventure.
        Ugh. Sounds awful. I am so sorry for your pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
          Ugh. Sounds awful. I am so sorry for your pain.
          Yeah, it's hard being so happy and well satisfied.
          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
            From what I remember dating up to about 24yo was trying to figure out how I needed to act so I could put my penis somewhere inside a part of a woman. Regardless of what it was. Has dating changed?
            Dude, thanks. You nailed what's wrong with dating, marriage and relationships: it's all just an act. At work I sit there all day long quietly doing my job and listening to all the Manly Men around me backstab their wives and girlfriends non-stop. They don't care about the wife or girlfriend. They care about what the wife/girlfriend can do for them.

Oh, I'm sure there are guys out there my age who see their S.O.'s as actual people. I don't know any of them. The ones my age I know who are single, they're single for a reason. (they're cuckoo, they can't talk about anything but role-playing games, they live with their mom, etc.)

Also, most dudes my age come with baggage (kids) who are, as I've seen written on countless dating site profiles and also unsolicited message board threads/private messages, Their Life, so it confuses me why would they be looking for a woman in the first place if My Kids Are My Life - except maybe they need a cook/nanny/maid/second income to Make Their Life Complete, And Also Easier.

Yeeeah, how about I do anything else. I ain't got time for wiping other women's children's butts.

I'm serious about the flying lessons, too. I'm sockin' that money away right now. I'm planning on next year sometime, I'm gonna soar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
              Dude, thanks. You nailed what's wrong with dating, marriage and relationships: it's all just an act. At work I sit there all day long quietly doing my job and listening to all the Manly Men around me backstab their wives and girlfriends non-stop. They don't care about the wife or girlfriend. They care about what the wife/girlfriend can do for them.

Oh, I'm sure there are guys out there my age who see their S.O.'s as actual people. I don't know any of them. The ones my age I know who are single, they're single for a reason. (they're cuckoo, they can't talk about anything but role-playing games, they live with their mom, etc.)

Also, most dudes my age come with baggage (kids) who are, as I've seen written on countless dating site profiles and also unsolicited message board threads/private messages, Their Life, so it confuses me why would they be looking for a woman in the first place if My Kids Are My Life - except maybe they need a cook/nanny/maid/second income to Make Their Life Complete, And Also Easier.

Yeeeah, how about I do anything else. I ain't got time for wiping other women's children's butts.

I'm serious about the flying lessons, too. I'm sockin' that money away right now. I'm planning on next year sometime, I'm gonna soar.
              oh really?

How old are you?
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Ugh, when I split up with my ex-husband I asked him why he'd changed so much over the 18 months since we'd married. He told me outright that he pretended to be who he thought I wanted so that I would marry him, and he figured that after the wedding he didn't have to pretend anymore. Not. Cool.

Owly's Journal

Comment

Kids are baggage? having kids myself, i would probably prefer a guy with kids since we'd have more in common (though i can see why you'd prefer a kidfree guy). there's something wrong with guys who play RPGs? honestly, i wouldn't necessarily care if a guy was living in his mom's basement if all else was right with him. maybe he's committed to being debt-free and is saving up for a house, or his mom has a health problem. enjoy flying lessons.
                  Last edited by Saoirse; 03-25-2012, 05:30 PM.
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

oh really?

How old are you?
                    I'm 41. I've got plenty of time left to have fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
                      I'm in the happiest relationship of my life with a man who in many ways did not fit my "type" at all. I used to go for tortured artists, but I ended up with a big-hearted jock who has a moving and delivery business. I realized that the details of work and musical tastes were not as important as the personality--loves books, is killer funny, cares about the world around him, and has a great sense of adventure.
                      Same here. I wanted someone with a burly lumberjack build, high-testosterone job and the ability to kick someone's ass in a bar fight. Which was hilarious because I'm almost never in a bar.

I met my boyfriend, who is thin, works as a photographer and has 2 cats. Yeah, not my type. Except now he totally is.
                      Durp.

Comment

I'm 41. I've got plenty of time left to have fun.
                        Met mine when I was 45, so there's still hope.
                        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                          Same here. I wanted someone with a burly lumberjack build, high-testosterone job and the ability to kick someone's ass in a bar fight. Which was hilarious because I'm almost never in a bar.

I met my boyfriend, who is thin, works as a photographer and has 2 cats. Yeah, not my type. Except now he totally is.
                          Sounds like you got the kind of guy I used to date (but a good version!).

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                            Kids are baggage? having kids myself, i would probably prefer a guy with kids since we'd have more in common (though i can see why you'd prefer a kidfree guy). there's something wrong with guys who play RPGs? honestly, i wouldn't necessarily care if a guy was living in his mom's basement if all else was right with him. maybe he's committed to being debt-free and is saving up for a house, or his mom has a health problem. enjoy flying lessons.
                            I don't think she wants a family given her age.
                            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                            Current Weight: 235 pounds
                            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I don't think she wants a family given her age.
                              yes, that's why i said:

(though i can see why you'd prefer a kidfree guy)
                              my primal journal:
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Ohhhhh..... we could so re-name this thread 101 Reasons I'd rather stay married than ever date again. LOL

Worthy gripes every one!

Until about a year ago I had 3 single male friends that I went to vintage car shows with and such. The conversations often ran along the lines of either:
                                "Yeah, I liked her and had fun... but she put out on the second date. I'll hit it for a while then move on"
                                OR
                                "Geeezzz.... it's been like 5 dates and this one hasn't put out yet, how much money do I have to spend to get some action. I'm staying just long enough to hit it, then I'm out."
                                OR
                                I'm dating this girl who is on Ambien, and I don't like her much but I can do anything I want to her when she is passed out on that stuff."

HOLY shit, WTF, Huh?
                                I tried to talk some sense into them... it was futile.
                                One has been on and off with some NUTS chick who started leaving "Love" messages on FB after their 2nd or 3rd date...
                                Another moved in with a woman who has a "clock" (meaning if you don't make a serious commitment in under 6months I'll leave you) and is one of the most mouthy and manipulative women I've ever met.
                                Not sure about the third...

The thing is... deep down as "nice" as these guys were to me as "one of the guys"... I think they all pretty much deserve what they got. LOL
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X