Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
    Anywho - my gotd is they are doing road construction on one of the roads I take to work widening it from 2 to 4 lanes. According to their estimate this will take 2 years - 2 fracking years to widen a mile of road.... 2 fracking years for one stinkin' mile
    Shovel ready jobs!!! Two years of employment!!! WOOT WOOT. If they just banged it out in six months they would be unemployed again.
    And the meek shall inherit the earth.
    What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Comment

• Pay cheques going down by $200. Owe the government money for income taxes (first time!). Do I use my savings my new bike (and transportation), or pay off the gov't?
      Just when I think I've broken the surface, I get sucked under again.
      There's alcohol in my system. Last time for a looooong time.
      Seems my financial situation is the only thing getting cinched, instead my belt.

Comment

• Tote:so the good news is no clot the bad news is doc says I have a tear in my calf????? All I do is walk..not even sprint..vffs always..wtf??? Crap!
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          Tote:so the good news is no clot the bad news is doc says I have a tear in my calf????? All I do is walk..not even sprint..vffs always..wtf??? Crap!
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Tote:so the good news is no clot the bad news is doc says I have a tear in my calf????? All I do is walk..not even sprint..vffs always..wtf??? Crap!
            Try ice massage. It helped me when I had some kind of inflamation where my calf and achilles tendon came together. Just try to be patient. I finally had to just rest it for a month to six weeks for it to finally go away after suffering through it for months.
            How a physical therapist treats muscle injuries using ice-massage

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              I am so screwed then lmao!!!
              Karin

Comment

Try ice massage. It helped me when I had some kind of inflamation where my calf and achilles tendon came together. Just try to be patient. I finally had to just rest it for a month to six weeks for it to finally go away after suffering through it for months.
                How a physical therapist treats muscle injuries using ice-massage
                Thank you. That's what the doc said only he said heat was fine too which I don't get. You think my tens unit would work for the massage?
                Karin

Comment

Thank you. That's what the doc said only he said heat was fine too which I don't get. You think my tens unit would work for the massage?
                  I don't know, having never used one.

Comment

• GOTD: My car was broken into. They stole my bookbag full of . . . get this . . . barn clothes. Including my riding boots and the only pair of barn pants that fits right now. Jerk.

Me: They clearly aren't very smart.
                    Cop taking my statement: If they were smart, they wouldn't be a criminal.
                    Me: No, there are lots of smart criminals. But they aren't breaking into cars that are duct taped together.

They stole my riding boots. My riding boots?! WTF? (leaving the more expensive dance shoes behind- idiots.) Now I have to spend $200 on a new window and I have to buy new riding boots.

I just realized that they also stole my gardening notebook. The one with ALL my notes for ALL the classes I've been taking.

If you're going to be a criminal, allow me to suggest that you at least open the items you are stealing to ascertain whether or not they're worth it. For both, it would have been quite evident that they were not.

Jackass.
                    Last edited by drssgchic; 03-23-2012, 07:24 AM.
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• GOTD: I can't walk 15 feet away from my router without my iPhone losing wifi. This is pissing me off.

Apple, you are teh suck.
                      Last edited by ChefGrok; 03-23-2012, 07:45 AM. Reason: Apple sucks

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                        GOTD: I can't walk 15 feet away from my router without my iPhone losing wifi. This is pissing me off.

Apple, you are teh suck.
                        Maybe it's your router......

Comment

• Speaking of iPhones. I discovered a crack in the back cover of my iPhone 3GS, which I got for free from my son when he upgraded to a 4S, I gave him my 3G which he uses as an iPod for my grandson. In researching this, it appears that these cracks "just happen" and to replace the cover myself, I would have to take the whole thing apart. Not.going.to.happen.

Comment

Maybe it's your router......
                            Maybe, but every other wireless device, including my wife's identical phone isn't having the problem. Also, when it drops, it won't reacquire the signal. So I have to go into settings, etc. reset.

Comment

• Gotd: its not working for me threads
                              Karin

Comment

• GOTD: I got laid off withuot warning yesterday. It wasn't even something my office had a say in, but corporate's brilliant idea. The office wanted to keep me.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X