Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kenn View Post
    GotD: people who genuinely think one political party is better than the other
    +1 dear me.. I am agreeing with you..lol

    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
      You still have not found some boots that will work and not kill the feet? Can the old ones be resoled?

      No and possibly. I am going to have to break down and actually spend a couple hundred bucks on boots I think. It's getting ridiculous. That or just quit b*tching about the ones I have lol.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
        I think that I'd rather have his last few months be comfortable, and when he starts failing, just put him down. Keeping him alive for a little extra time by chasing him around the block (he's an outside cat) to pin him down and stick him with a needle will make us both miserable. Ugh, cats getting old sucks.
        The cat I had most of my childhood (6 mos to 16 years old) had kitty leukemia at the end. As we couldn't afford kitty chemo (and couldn't bear the thought of him having to deal with that torture), we decided to let him have a joyous old age, and when his body started failing him, we'd put him down. The time came where he was barely moving, not even enough to eat the food we had placed in the place he was sleeping. We decided that I would miss school the next day and take him to the vet to say good bye. I woke up the next day and went to go check on him, only to find him in one of his favorite places (the kitchen counter, on top of an old towel we'd put out there to put him in the night before,) with this look of utter peace on his still little face. The consensus was that he knew what was coming and decided to make things easier and let go. He was buried under his favorite tree to tease mockingbirds under.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

        Comment


        • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          No and possibly. I am going to have to break down and actually spend a couple hundred bucks on boots I think. It's getting ridiculous. That or just quit b*tching about the ones I have lol.
          or.. pick up another trade in boot repair..LOL
          Karin


          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            No and possibly. I am going to have to break down and actually spend a couple hundred bucks on boots I think. It's getting ridiculous. That or just quit b*tching about the ones I have lol.
            Yes. Either get a pair of Docs/ expensive boots or quitcher whining.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

            Comment


            • Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              +1 dear me.. I am agreeing with you..lol

              If you stop fighting it, you'd probably find yourself agreeing with me frequently...
              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
              Current Weight: 235 pounds
              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

              Comment


              • That's what I want for my cat, too. Just a peaceful end. He still gets around fine and is keen on his food, and spends his days happily going between his two beds (one on the porch, one in the carport) and snuggling up there to nap with Windows Vista. I'm glad someone loves her.

                I was reading a thread on Salon (I think) years ago in which many people had commented about how much they'd spent to prolong their pets' lives, some even going into bankruptcy and living in a car just to eke out a little more time. Some were quite righteous that this was the ONLY humane choice and that anyone who wouldn't do this didn't deserve pets. I've never forgotten that thread, and I still can't sum up my feelings about it.
                JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                Comment


                • I had my first taste of raw pastured dairy in the form of milk and butter. I won't be able to get any when I go back to Canada. That's my gripe.
                  You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                    That's what I want for my cat, too. Just a peaceful end. He still gets around fine and is keen on his food, and spends his days happily going between his two beds (one on the porch, one in the carport) and snuggling up there to nap with Windows Vista. I'm glad someone loves her.

                    I was reading a thread on Salon (I think) years ago in which many people had commented about how much they'd spent to prolong their pets' lives, some even going into bankruptcy and living in a car just to eke out a little more time. Some were quite righteous that this was the ONLY humane choice and that anyone who wouldn't do this didn't deserve pets. I've never forgotten that thread, and I still can't sum up my feelings about it.
                    I've seen similar threads. My take has always been quite simple: let them have their dignity. If you're honestly doing it because they'll live a better life with the procedure, go for it. If you're keeping them alive because you can't bear to see life without them, and it does nothing but prolongtheir suffering, let them go.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                      I had my first taste of raw pastured dairy in the form of milk and butter. I won't be able to get any when I go back to Canada. That's my gripe.
                      Well you could always stick around. I'm going to need a roommate when I get my house and acerage. As long as you don't mind helping to milk the cow or goats . . . (sadly, Colorado still doesn't sell raw milk)
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                      Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                      And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        I've seen similar threads. My take has always been quite simple: let them have their dignity. If you're honestly doing it because they'll live a better life with the procedure, go for it. If you're keeping them alive because you can't bear to see life without them, and it does nothing but prolongtheir suffering, let them go.
                        this
                        Karin


                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                        What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          I've seen similar threads. My take has always been quite simple: let them have their dignity. If you're honestly doing it because they'll live a better life with the procedure, go for it. If you're keeping them alive because you can't bear to see life without them, and it does nothing but prolongtheir suffering, let them go.
                          This. There is a time and a place for extream measures- but not all times and not all places. And cats, I think, even more so than other animals know when it's time and just go.
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                          Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                          And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                          Comment


                          • My Kitty Kennel owner kept her cat going by extreme measures all the way to age 21, and the poor thing was a blind and wizened and pathetic little creature who had to be gated into the kitchen because she had lost bladder/bowel control. She was miserable, but the owner couldn't bear to put her down. And even crueler was the woman I knew who let her dog live on and on with a painful and incurable neurological condition, because 'my kids will be sad if we put her down'. Well, yes, but what about the dog? Where did any respect for the dog come into play?

                            So, no extreme measures for The Great Pumpkin. He's made it to a happy 14, and I won't go bankrupt trying to get him to a miserable 15.
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                            Comment


                            • It's a pet you're being moranic if you sell your house/car to pay for surgeries. People need to be more pragmatic and less dreamy about life.
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kenn View Post
                                It's a pet you're being moranic if you sell your house/car to pay for surgeries. People need to be more pragmatic and less dreamy about life.
                                But Kenn- how could you be so CRUEL! Just look at it's EYES! It has a SOUL! It would be WRONG to deprive it of LIFE!!

                                I happen to wish humans had the same option to say enough's enough- because sometimes more life really isn't better.
                                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                                Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                                And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X