No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just because my dog weighs more than you do does not mean hes going to eat yer baby. your more likely to get hit by a car crossing the street to get away from the big bad dog
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
      just because my dog weighs more than you do does not mean hes going to eat yer baby. your more likely to get hit by a car crossing the street to get away from the big bad dog
      My pup (40 lb pointer mix of tongue, paws, and affection) apparently scares my neighbor so badly that she crosses the street if we end up walking on the same block. Mind you, I have my dog trained to where all it takes is one motion or one word and instant good behaior. Her dog on the other hand, lunges on the leash, barks whenever it feels like, and can not be controlled by her because "it's her baby."
      GOTD: If your rig truck can't go over 45 mph in a 75 mph zone, get the hell onto the service road or take back roads. Don't nearly cause a wreck at every entrance/ exit ramp by staying on the highway.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
        just because my dog weighs more than you do does not mean hes going to eat yer baby. your more likely to get hit by a car crossing the street to get away from the big bad dog
        Same can be said of my Pit Bull. It was actually kinda funny though.... We just started dog obedience classes last night (my dog is pretty well behaved but she doesn't always listen around other dogs so we're practicing!). One of the other ladies got out of her car with her smallish poodle and walked up to my dog asking if it was the Rhodesian ridgeback (we had the intro class sans dogs last week). When I said 'no, she is a pit bull' the lady TOTALY did the 'oops, oh shit, gotta get my dog (and my legs) away from that pit bull' move. It really kinda cracks me up. Most dangerous things on my dog are the top of her head and her tail! Not to mention she looks NOTHING like a Rhodesian ridgeback. People are dumb about 'big', 'scary' dogs.

Comment

• After working a summer at a kennel- I love bully breeds and my distain of walking sausages (Labs) was thoroughly confirmed. Bully breeds get trained- they have to be- but big, heavy labs are just "so sweeeet" and pulled my arms out of their sockets.

How does one confuse a Rhodesian Ridgeback with a pitbull? Seriously?

Aaw- I'm Darth's GOTD! You're too sweet, Darthy
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
            After working a summer at a kennel- I love bully breeds and my distain of walking sausages (Labs) was thoroughly confirmed. Bully breeds get trained- they have to be- but big, heavy labs are just "so sweeeet" and pulled my arms out of their sockets.

Aaw- I'm Darth's GOTD! You're too sweet, Darthy
            I know someone who's lab attacked their baby and bit him in the face because it was jealous. They had to have the dog put down. OtOH, my daughter's German shepherd loves kids, but they already had one child when they got her. She will sit and watch the kids play all day long. My grandson named her Angelina Ballerina.

Comment

• a few weeks ago, I forgot to set my alarm, but still woke up at the time it was supposed to go off, like a boss.

Today??? My alarm doesn't go off. I miss the call from my boss asking wtf I am. I don't wake up until an hour and a half after my alarm was supposed to go off. I CHECKED IT THREE TIMES LAST NIGHT! I'm the lightest sleeper in the world, I can't imagine having slept through it. ???? great way to start the morning...

Comment

same way ppl think that just because a dog gets a "back mohawk" (piloerection) it must be a ridgeback...
                i have a friend that has a boxer mix that is *convinced* she is part ridgeback....my 22lb white pound puppy has the bestest mohawk ever..no ridgeback ....and just because she sometimes turns her feet in like a lot of pits do....doesn't mean she is pit bull (which would be totally fine with me if she was)

also a lot of times ppl will say their dog...who is in fact a bully breed...is anything but "oh she's a pointer mix"

Comment

• gotd:
                  clients that want to haggle price...like all i do is stand around waiting for them to offer me a lower price to be more demanding than anyone else!
                  you do not go to the doctor and ask them to charge you less...you PAY WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO...
                  you do not go to the store and say "ok the price tag says $4.99...can i have it for $2.00?"

WTF?!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by hottierockstar View Post
                    same way ppl think that just because a dog gets a "back mohawk" (piloerection) it must be a ridgeback...
                    i have a friend that has a boxer mix that is *convinced* she is part ridgeback....my 22lb white pound puppy has the bestest mohawk ever..no ridgeback ....and just because she sometimes turns her feet in like a lot of pits do....doesn't mean she is pit bull (which would be totally fine with me if she was)

also a lot of times ppl will say their dog...who is in fact a bully breed...is anything but "oh she's a pointer mix"
                    Well it doesn't help that the same dog becomes terrifying if it's a bully breed.

I was in a reptile store the other day and there was this little kid near the front door (like, 2, maybe?). Aaw, ok, whatever. I walked in and asked my question. Then I felt a light touch on my knee. Huh- must be another little kid wandering around. I look down so I don't trip over it and- no. It was a bloody huge dog. Good thing I think American Bulldogs are handsome and assume that if it's wandering loose in a store that it's friendly
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

Well it doesn't help that the same dog becomes terrifying if it's a bully breed.

I was in a reptile store the other day and there was this little kid near the front door (like, 2, maybe?). Aaw, ok, whatever. I walked in and asked my question. Then I felt a light touch on my knee. Huh- must be another little kid wandering around. I look down so I don't trip over it and- no. It was a bloody huge dog. Good thing I think American Bulldogs are handsome and assume that if it's wandering loose in a store that it's friendly

i've been trying to get the sweetest most loving pitbull mix a home (she is *definitely* pit) ...i would take her in a heartbeat a thousand times over if i had the room...a lady i work with that used to have a rotty was like "oooh...a pit bull, i don't know, they lock their jaws"....so would your rotty given the chance....rotty is on the california "aggressive breed" list too...

(her rotty passed almost a year ago)
                      Last edited by hottierockstar; 03-14-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Heh- if only I had time for a dog . . .

Our neighbors had a Rottie when I was growing up. As long as you weren't a man and weren't chasing the kids (he had to be locked up when we played tag) he was very sweet. He had this habit of pushing his head under your hand to be petted- then rumbling a little- then pushing his head back under your hand when you stopped petting him because you thought he was growling at you.

Pit bulls are fighting dogs- well, rotties, pits, etc are all fighting/guard dogs- but as long as you don't have one out of a current fighting line and you work WITH the instincts rather than ignoring/working against them- then I fail to see the problem. It's like getting a poodle for a lap-dog. Of course it's going to be bad- it's bored!

Comment

• Originally posted by hottierockstar View Post
                          gotd:
                          clients that want to haggle price...like all i do is stand around waiting for them to offer me a lower price to be more demanding than anyone else!
                          you do not go to the doctor and ask them to charge you less...you PAY WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO...
                          you do not go to the store and say "ok the price tag says $4.99...can i have it for $2.00?"

WTF?!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
                          LMAO I get this too!! I work in a private practice doctor's office and people try to talk down the fee. I'm like, do you do this at other doctor's offices??? Do you do this at the store??? drives me bonkers!!

Comment

• I have to admit that I refer to our two dogs as "lab cross" because people are much less scared of them by that label than if I mention that we're pretty certain that a big part of the "cross" is pit bull. Particularly with the black one, we have enough trouble with people being intimidated by her as it is. My blondie is less scary for people (even though I personally see more of the bully physique in her). They're wonderful animals, although it's been a lot of work to get them to the level of obedience and confidence they have now because they were very badly abused as puppies before they were rescued. They're also stunted in their growth because they were starved in their first three months and never quite caught up to where they should have been.

That's kind of a permanent gripe (or more accurately source of rage) for me: people who abuse animals, especially one as vulnerable as a very young puppy.
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                              LMAO I get this too!! I work in a private practice doctor's office and people try to talk down the fee. I'm like, do you do this at other doctor's offices??? Do you do this at the store??? drives me bonkers!!
                              Many people do actually. My aunt haggles for everything. Needless to say she is a pita at grocery stores. The annoying thing is that she often gets the lower price.

GotD: Last minute emergency deadlines because those above me forget about something "I need all this information by tomorrow and I am telling you today because I only found out about it 3 months ago...."

Comment

• GotD: Wanted to adopt this pugador and it has apps already in

Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X