Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
    Coffee cup of bacon grease fell out of the refrigerator and shattered. Memorial service will be tonight.
    I'm so sorry. I keep mine in a BPA free plastic container, I've had that happen to me before.

Comment

• If you're going to use a chat service with a company for your question- for god's sake ask an actual question. Don't make a statement and wait for a response. Not only can I not read your mind, in most cases I really wouldn't care to- so make it simple for me and ASK A QUESTION!
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Even though it was an accident I declare that YOU HAVE SINNED!
        Penance shall be the frying/baking of bacon until said grease stores are refilled...
        It actually wasn't me that broke it but one of my former children. He has now been sold for medical research and disowned.
        Randal
        AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
        http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by hottierockstar View Post
          i am so sorry for your loss!
          Thanks, flowers can be sent as long as they are of this type:

Randal
          AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
          Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
          http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• GOTD: quazi-scientific studies.
            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
            Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• being a raw vegan ruined sooo many foods for me that I cannot eat anymore because I find them sooo incredibly vile. unfortunately, they are foods I used to enjoy, so not liking them anymore is oh so annoying

raw almonds, raw cashews, coconut oil. I swear to science, do rawbies have to put coconut oil in EVERYTHING? I can't stand the smell anymore. I tried cooking food in the oil because folks say the coconut smell burns off, but NOPE. i can taste it and i can't eat the food i made :C

Comment

• Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                It actually wasn't me that broke it but one of my former children. He has now been sold for medical research and disowned.
                Now that was an appropriate response to the crisis.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                  If you're going to use a chat service with a company for your question- for god's sake ask an actual question. Don't make a statement and wait for a response. Not only can I not read your mind, in most cases I really wouldn't care to- so make it simple for me and ASK A QUESTION!
                  Sorry I do that all the time. Not on a chat service, but making statements that aren't questions, and waiting for a response. Dunno what causes it, it seems like a question in my mind when I'm "asking' then I get to the end, and find that I haven't framed a question at all, but have delivered a treatise or sermon, or technical manual...

GOTD: Still You.

Comment

• Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
                    being a raw vegan ruined sooo many foods for me that I cannot eat anymore because I find them sooo incredibly vile. unfortunately, they are foods I used to enjoy, so not liking them anymore is oh so annoying

raw almonds, raw cashews, coconut oil. I swear to science, do rawbies have to put coconut oil in EVERYTHING? I can't stand the smell anymore. I tried cooking food in the oil because folks say the coconut smell burns off, but NOPE. i can taste it and i can't eat the food i made :C
                    Yeeeaaah. I have to avoid all vegan veggie raw type people forever now, and keep myself from ranting at length about it to anyone who ever brings it up.

I dig coconut oil, and cashews and wotnot, but must avoid all dehydrated "snacks" larabars juicers seed/nut pate, and so on. People find it odd that I won't touch salad, I just don't care for it anymore. Give me any amount of roasted broccoli though, and I'm happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                      Yeeeaaah. I have to avoid all vegan veggie raw type people forever now, and keep myself from ranting at length about it to anyone who ever brings it up.

I dig coconut oil, and cashews and wotnot, but must avoid all dehydrated "snacks" larabars juicers seed/nut pate, and so on. People find it odd that I won't touch salad, I just don't care for it anymore. Give me any amount of roasted broccoli though, and I'm happy.
                      LOOOL i know that feel, bro. one of my FB friends was like I'M GONNA DO A RAW CLEANSE FOR THREE MONTHS! and I was like /facepalm.

I hated salad as a raw vegan, nothing good to put on it!!! I actually love salads now lol
                      i used to eat those raw snackies with gusto, but even something like a "milkshake" will have coco oil in it to thicken it. but it's all i could taste. ughhhhhhh

Comment

Now I can peruse the full selection of books on the main website, make requests to be shipped to the annex from anywhere in the county, and pick them up and drop them off a short little walk from my house.
                        YEA!

Seriously, I know what a huge deal that is. Back in '98, my ex totalled his truck and had to drive my car for 2 months (I was a stay at home mom). The ONLY saving grace was that the library was literally 1/4 mile from home.
                        Durp.

Comment

GOTD's sometimes turn out for the best!

Yesterday I found out that a SMALL library annex was opened this past fall a few blocks from my house! Walking distance even for ME! LOL
                          It was the town's original old "one room school house". The county had been working on it on and off for a couple of years to remodel/refurbish it and while I was really sick during the fall they opened it. I didn't know that it had opened because of not getting out often and it's on a side street that husband usually doesn't drive on. I found out by going to the county library website to see about delivery as you suggested... so THANK YOU!

Now I can peruse the full selection of books on the main website, make requests to be shipped to the annex from anywhere in the county, and pick them up and drop them off a short little walk from my house... and that will help get me out since I'm kind of house bound when husband isn't home to play chauffeur.
                          All kinds of awesome with awesome sauce!!!!! Yeah library access!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                            GOTD: Washer tried to fail yesterday and flooded the laundry room. Spent an hour fixing it and then was up way too late getting the rest of the laundry done so it wooldn't mildew. I'm tired and grouchy, all because Staber designs a water drainage line the same way the Empire designed their thermal exhaust ports.
                            oh major bummer. i've BTDT.

Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                            I am beginning to realize that me being pregnant = total cash cow situation
                            yeah, not really.
                            my primal journal:
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                              GOTD: Washer tried to fail yesterday and flooded the laundry room. Spent an hour fixing it and then was up way too late getting the rest of the laundry done so it wooldn't mildew. I'm tired and grouchy, all because Staber designs a water drainage line the same way the Empire designed their thermal exhaust ports.
                              Possible the BEST description of a crapped out washer... EVER>

Sorry you had to deal with that though... Ugh!
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                                I am beginning to realize that me being pregnant = total cash cow situation
                                Get back with me on how you feel about that in say..... 18 years. LOL
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X