Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
    some bicarb soda may help?
    HMMM. I'm going to my doctor again on Wednesday and push for a culture this time if they still don't find anything. But, I'll be sure to try that out next. Thanks!

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
    Congenital Hypothyroid
    CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• How do they treat a UTI there? Here it is some stuff called ural (an alkaliniser) and not normally ABx (cos often they cause it, esp if you're a woman on the pill. Woohee, will I ever forget the first bout I ever got? Had my wisdom teeth removed and the ABx were to ensure I didn't get an infection - I was young and ignorant - and on the pill).

Oh the other 'treatment' I often hear is cranberry juice. Until very recently you could only get cranberries here that were sweetened but recently I found some that weren't. Bitter suckers, aren't they? But eaten with some raspberries, rather delicious

Comment

• Stupid freakin loudmouth cheap b...h co-worker who announces and talks about her gyno appointment everyday at the top of her lungs until the day of the appointment....who used to stop at Dunkin Donuts everyday for her coffee, started using our Keurig 3 weeks ago because the price for Dunkin went up, broke our machine. She started using a refillable cup and put it in the coffee maker incorrectly and bent the bottom pin and now we don't have any coffee. Sites want at least $20 for the replacement part, plus shipping.

Comment

How do they treat a UTI there? Here it is some stuff called ural (an alkaliniser) and not normally ABx (cos often they cause it, esp if you're a woman on the pill. Woohee, will I ever forget the first bout I ever got? Had my wisdom teeth removed and the ABx were to ensure I didn't get an infection - I was young and ignorant - and on the pill).

Oh the other 'treatment' I often hear is cranberry juice. Until very recently you could only get cranberries here that were sweetened but recently I found some that weren't. Bitter suckers, aren't they? But eaten with some raspberries, rather delicious
          The only thing that got rid of my most recent one was a round of Cipro after a round of Levaquin didn't work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
            Stupid freakin loudmouth cheap b...h co-worker who announces and talks about her gyno appointment everyday at the top of her lungs until the day of the appointment....who used to stop at Dunkin Donuts everyday for her coffee, started using our Keurig 3 weeks ago because the price for Dunkin went up, broke our machine. She started using a refillable cup and put it in the coffee maker incorrectly and bent the bottom pin and now we don't have any coffee. Sites want at least $20 for the replacement part, plus shipping.
            Okay, partial retract GotD - broken coffee maker. I managed to get the pin bent back so that it works, but in looking at the reusable cup - it has a nice hole in it where it didn't before. It had better no be the one I bought.

Comment

• Dealing with Greeks on business - everything is soooooo 'manyana'
              Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
              Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

• GOTD: Washer tried to fail yesterday and flooded the laundry room. Spent an hour fixing it and then was up way too late getting the rest of the laundry done so it wooldn't mildew. I'm tired and grouchy, all because Staber designs a water drainage line the same way the Empire designed their thermal exhaust ports.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Sorry, what the heck is tri-tip??? I'm guessing a meat thing, but??
                  It is delicious especially when cooked over wood.

Beef - Tri-tip

From the website:

The tri-tip is a part of the lower sirloin primal cut of the carcass situated just below the bottom sirloin and next to the lower round. It was a surprise feast when it burst onto the scene in Santa Maria, California somewhere in the 1950s. The story goes that a butcher at the Safeway market was cutting beef loins into portions of top block sirloin and filet, putting the triangular (tri) shaped tips (tip) off to the side, as nobody ate them whole. The tri-tips were used for burger meat and cut up for stews, but never cooked whole.

One day, an over abundance of stew and burgers caused one man, Bob Shutz to line up a bunch of whole tri-tips, rub them down with pepper, garlic salt, and salt, put them on a spit and throw them over the barbecue, leaving the meat to turn on the skewers for about an hour. Everyone thought the meat would come out tough like rawhide, but the opposite happened. The meat was tender, juicy, and packed with flavor. Shutz called his new find “Tri-tip” and meat eaters in California were all agog with the new beef. Its popularity has spread across the USA and into other countries. Tri-tip needs its fat in tact when grilling to be tasty meat. Remove the fat before grilling and it will become too tough a meat to enjoy. Put the fatty part of the tri-tip to the flame first, causing the moisture to rise up into the meat, giving it the tenderness meat eaters long for. Cut back the fat after grilling.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    like you can clean car batteries with it??? lol
                    Oh no, you should see some this crap, here's a couple fun facts;

#31 "In its "Bites" blog highlighting interesting food trends and personalities MSNBC's TODAY.com website showcased an Orlando baker, John Rivers, who combines savory and sweet flavors into desserts such as Mountain Dew and Dorito cupcakes."

#24 "Frito-Lay executive chef, Stephen Kalil, introduced his lastest Fritos Pie Remix, 50th Anniversay Fritos Pie, to celebrate the historic merger of Frito Co. and H.W. Lay & Co. to form Frito-Lay in 1961."

arrrrrrrggggghgghghgghghghghhghggg....
                    "When you can't run, you crawl. And when you can't crawl, when you can't do that ... you find someone to carry you."

Onward....my primal journal
                    2012 Slow Movement Challenge: My distance so far = 665 kM

My Map My Tracks Profile

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
                      Stupid freakin loudmouth cheap b...h co-worker who announces and talks about her gyno appointment everyday at the top of her lungs until the day of the appointment....who used to stop at Dunkin Donuts everyday for her coffee, started using our Keurig 3 weeks ago because the price for Dunkin went up, broke our machine. She started using a refillable cup and put it in the coffee maker incorrectly and bent the bottom pin and now we don't have any coffee. Sites want at least $20 for the replacement part, plus shipping.
                      wait.. you do notwant to know about the gyno appointment?? Thought everyone did.. bwahahahahaha.. ear plugs. LOL
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Meegeek;752611]Oh no, you should see some this crap, here's a couple fun facts;

#31 "In its "Bites" blog highlighting interesting food trends and personalities MSNBC's TODAY.com website showcased an Orlando baker, John Rivers, who combines savory and sweet flavors into desserts such as Mountain Dew and Dorito cupcakes."

QUOTE]

ok.. just got a little nautious
                        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                          if you enjoy just sitting in it, then just sit in it! otoh, maybe you could sell it and use the money to buy something that would bring you more joy? but if you like it, KEEP IT.
                          Yes. keeping it at least a bit longer pending some more Neuro and Neuro-Opt appointments... having some medical/vision issues in left eye... maybe I'll admit that I "should" let her go when I'm actually BLIND. LOL

For now she is still MINE, and husband would NEVER try to push me to sell her. He knows I'm emotionally attached.
                          Who knows, maybe I'll win the lottery and send her out for the full deal makeover (would help if I actually played though).

And on the upside... Plush new car is much nicer than "old" 4x4 truck to be chauffeured around in.
                          Last edited by cori93437; 03-13-2012, 09:19 AM.
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• My GOTD: Every time the media puts some ridiculous correlation study in its headlines there are suddenly 12 posts about it on MDA. Oh my god we're all gonna die from red meat? Get a grip, people.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              wait.. you do notwant to know about the gyno appointment?? Thought everyone did.. bwahahahahaha.. ear plugs. LOL
                              Ear plugs wouldn't work....this woman is seriously loud....

Oh yeah, I forgot - she's having a mammogram, too. The appointments are scheduled for today - goody, we'll get to hear all about it tomorrow along with what her dogs ate, her cats ate, where her cats slept, what she's cooking for supper, what time she's going to bed and all about that hour of sleep she lost on Sunday that messes her up until we turn the clocks back in the fall. Multiple times, since she doesn't think we heard it the first time....
                              Last edited by Lynna; 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                                Cori, do they maybe have some kind of a home delivery system? With ours, you can reserve books at any of the branches and then have them delivered to your local branch. I'm wondering if they might also have some kind of service that delivers them to homes. You can't be the only person in this situation, and that has to come under some "equal access" umbrella.
                                GOTD's sometimes turn out for the best!

Yesterday I found out that a SMALL library annex was opened this past fall a few blocks from my house! Walking distance even for ME! LOL
                                It was the town's original old "one room school house". The county had been working on it on and off for a couple of years to remodel/refurbish it and while I was really sick during the fall they opened it. I didn't know that it had opened because of not getting out often and it's on a side street that husband usually doesn't drive on. I found out by going to the county library website to see about delivery as you suggested... so THANK YOU!

Now I can peruse the full selection of books on the main website, make requests to be shipped to the annex from anywhere in the county, and pick them up and drop them off a short little walk from my house... and that will help get me out since I'm kind of house bound when husband isn't home to play chauffeur.
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X