No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This speaks exactly to my earlier gripe, why do they keep it going if it seems to bother them so much? Not worth my time or energy, but blargghhh

Listening to "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" soundtrack now. Caaannn'''ttt heeaarrr yoouuuuu
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
      The best part for me is "I could care less about." Everyone gets it wrong- but it breaks down to- that means you care. Which, if he didn't, he wouldn't be here nattering on. It's all in the semantics.
      +9000
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
        This is why I avoid Wal-mart
        You might enjoy Cake Wrecks - Home if you don't already.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Some people's posts on this thread have shown me the err of my ways. So I would like to give a sincere heartfelt apology to anyone who was offended by any of the aggression or mal-treatment of fellow posters. Sometimes I just lose my head. I asked God and Jesus for forgiveness and they gave me the great big thumbs up. And just to cover any other dogmatic bases, I also asked Buddha, Shiva, Vishnu, Allah, Gaia, and the tree in my front yard.

<Insert deity here> be with you.

P.S. I will not engage any further unless bloodorchid or gay panda says something hilarious.
          Last edited by ChefGrok; 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• god, pile on the pressure why don't you??
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              why WOULDN'T you give a woman a reach around?
              +10,000!!
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Found this website today. Pretty well covers all my gripes and then some.
                "If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?" - Tom Snyder, talk show host

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  he reminds me of those big burly topless dudes who carry an ax and a giant log over one shoulder

so you might find him out in the woods, you know, over there somewheres
                  ...while wearing those tasseled pasties.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    ...while wearing those tasseled pasties.
                    That reminds me of the lumberjack song from Monty Python's Flying Circus.

monty python lumberjack - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
                      That reminds me of the lumberjack song from Monty Python's Flying Circus.

monty python lumberjack - YouTube
                      Why... that's exactly what I was thinking of.
                      You get 1000 bonus points for the link.
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok...
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• And now that I've sinned by cluttering up the GOTD thread...

Actual GOTD!
                          Woke up feeling as if someone dribbled a basketball off my forehead most of the night, and it's sticking with me like Krazy Glue. UGH... F*&* headaches!
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                            The best part for me is "I could care less about." Everyone gets it wrong- but it breaks down to- that means you care. Which, if he didn't, he wouldn't be here nattering on. It's all in the semantics.
                            It was once explained to that it was sarcasm. As in: as IF I could care less.
                            Still, there are times to speak in tongues, and then there are times when a straight tongue is all that's needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post

Seriously, 90 minutes of "Check! Check! Check 1, check 2! Check! Check!"

And I come from a musician family, so... 90 minutes? REALLY not necessary.

Ugg! That would be very obnoxious!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                                It was once explained to that it was sarcasm. As in: as IF I could care less.
                                Still, there are times to speak in tongues, and then there are times when a straight tongue is all that's needed.
                                My understanding is that like so many things- it's been slurred. "I couldn't care less" means that, well, caring less isn't possible. But since words are my job, I find myself frequently confronted by things that people say all the time that just don't make any sense whatsoever assuming you know ANYTHING about language. Some days, all I can do is think less.
                                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Working...
                                X