Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
    Dear Cashier at Whole Foods:

Please stop giving the conveyor belt side-eye as I load it. Yes, I buy a lot of meat. No, it is not for a party, and do you have to ask me this every time?

Sincerely,
    Gay Panda

P.S. The cashier at CVS didn't even blink at the man in front of me who only bought a jug of vodka.
    Ugh, yes. Every now and then I get a cashier at Planet Organic who likes to give not-so-subtle suggestions about "plant-based diets". Look, if you don't want to handle meat, don't work in a grocery store that sells it. The Muslim cashiers at Superstore don't give me the stink-eye over eating bacon, so stfu, vegan girl!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• gotd: feeling weak as a kitten after some minor yard work. not out of breath. just weak.
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
        Ugh, yes. Every now and then I get a cashier at Planet Organic who likes to give not-so-subtle suggestions about "plant-based diets". Look, if you don't want to handle meat, don't work in a grocery store that sells it. The Muslim cashiers at Superstore don't give me the stink-eye over eating bacon, so stfu, vegan girl!
        please say that to her. exactly as you wrote it. and film her face as you do. and post it here.

plz.
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          please say that to her. exactly as you wrote it. and film her face as you do. and post it here.

plz.
          +1.
          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• The year with no winter here in the northeast.
            This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
            Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• Oh fer the love of god. I love my doc. I hate her scrip admin with a farking passion. I'm seeing a pattern I don't care for. I call up the pharmacy for a refill. They say I'm out, they'll hafta fax the doc. I call back a day later, ask again, doc hasn't responded back. Repeat 2 (or more) times. Call the the doc's office to find out what the fresh hell takes so damn long about refilling a BC/ Levothyroxine scrip. They claim they are just about the fax it. I call the pharmacy a little while later to see if they got it. They may have, but usually, the scrip admin lazied out and didn't send it. So I repeat the process with the doc's office. After the 3rd try, or 2 weeks without meds, whichever comes latest, they finally send it in.
              Seriously. All this damn work for something both parties KNOW I'm going to need a refill each month on. I think next time around, I'll start the calling cycle a couple weeks in advance, just so I can have the refill ready when I need it.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• GOTD: So freaking much misinformation out there being pushed by "authority figures" who aren't reading the research and are just trusting bad science! GAH!!
                (I know this is why we're all here anyway, it's just driving me especially crazy today. *deep breath* Squats and Butter. Everything will be okay.)
                You don't have to be sick to get better.
                Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                Primal start: 1/2/2012
                My Primal Journal
                Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Having to scroll through all the posts by PoisonedPeople
                  There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsmcmeaty View Post
                    Having to scroll through all the posts by PoisonedPeople
                    ***giggled.
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• This is too funny. Every once in a while my local grocery store has tri-tip on sale. It is vacuum packed five or six to a package and costs 3.29 per pound untrimmed.

Now I have bought these several times and no one has ever said a word to me. I'm female.

My brother went to the same grocery store last week and picked up a package of the sale tri-tips and two people asked he what he was going to do with all that meat?

Correct answer: Eat it. lol

Comment

• I've noticed recently that the meat departments of conventional grocery stores seem to be trimming all the fat off chops and steaks - grrr.

The Acme had no unsalted grassfed butter yesterday double grrrrr.

Comment

• Note to self: bring good snacks to work, dumbass. You know the snacks in the office kitchen are all grain based.
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• having my little sister be mad at me for something I didn't do, so she is nasty to me on Facebook.

Its okay I got her back:

Her post:Having a great time shopping! But something is praying on my mind.....
                            my reply: preying not praying.

YEAH GRAMMAR AND SPELLING REBUTTAL!
                            Boo yah biotch.

Comment

• Well, maybe something is praying on her mind. You know, like she has a brain parasite that believes in god.
                              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Realizing that ALL of your work clothes are too big and fit more awkwardly than they did when they were a bit snug.
                                Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Comment

Working...
                                X