No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of hearing that skipping meals causes starvation mode. Sick. And. Tired. of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      I ride a Vespa every day. In California it is legal for motorcycles to split the lanes. So there I was, splitting the lane when the giant red SUV next to me starts drifting into me. I looked and the lady inside is looking down and holding her iphone and sliding her finger on the screen. I hurried past and she was still looking down when I looked in my rear view mirror. She had her eyes off the road so long it's a wonder she didn't hit the car next to her. I attempted to wave at her and get her attention as I went by but she wouldn't look up. I'm afraid to do much lane splitting now. I want to get a huge truck horn installed so I can blast at people who are folding laundry, reading newspapers and texting while driving (I've seen all these things.)
      folding laundry??? WTF?
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        I'm tired of hearing that skipping meals causes starvation mode. Sick. And. Tired. of it.
        +1
        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          folding laundry??? WTF?
          Yeah, I've seen knitting while driving, but... folding laundry???
          Durp.

Comment

• Knitting too??? crazy dang people!
            Karin

Comment

• Yes, folding laundry at 65 on the freeway. I will never forget that one.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• I would say California people!! BUT BUT.. hillbillies are the same LOL
                Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                  I would say California people!! BUT BUT.. hillbillies are the same LOL
                  Last time I drove through Knoxville, I was nearly run over by one of those danged hillbillies who had her iPhone or whatever it was propped up against her steering wheel and she was texting away furiously or playing Angry Birds or something and only glancing at the road, which she was swerving all over. What a menace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                    Last time I drove through Knoxville, I was nearly run over by one of those danged hillbillies who had her iPhone or whatever it was propped up against her steering wheel and she was texting away furiously or playing Angry Birds or something and only glancing at the road, which she was swerving all over. What a menace.
                    HAHA!! True! So glad you survived to tell the tale.
                    Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                      I'm tired of hearing that skipping meals causes starvation mode. Sick. And. Tired. of it.
                      loooool! i had a coworker who was like "THE SECOND YOU FEEL HUNGRY....YOU'RE STORING FAT. DON'T EVER GET HUNGRY!!!" i was like wtf, seriously

Comment

• this hurts...... my BRAINSSSSUH

Santorum: Obama "A Snob" For Wanting All Americans To Go To College
                        beautiful
                        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                        lol

Comment

• Gripe:

I was driving over a freeway bridge and happened to look over to the car next to me. One hand on the steering wheel, a woman in her seventies was clutching a blue-and-white toothbrush in her other and going at her teeth furiously.

Really? Brushing your teeth as you're driving?!??!?

I guess she swallows.
                          JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                            I want to get a huge truck horn installed so I can blast at people who are folding laundry, reading newspapers and texting while driving (I've seen all these things.)
                            I installed a BadBoy horn in my car. I love it!

Comment

• GOTD: gluten in a tea bag. Seriously.

The fault is my own for purchasing said teas--they were supposed to be reminiscent of holiday baked goods (sugar cookies, gingerbread etc), and tea seemed like a pretty harmless indulgence. Get home, open box: tea smells good, just like a cookie. Read box: CONTAINS GLUTEN. Read ingredients, thinking they couldn't possibly have just put a cookie in a tea bag: Roasted barley (among other things). Brew tea anyway, thinking it's worth a try after all: tea smells awful. As in, didn't even try it. Took leftover water and brewed a black fruit tea that's been languishing in my cupboard for years--smells divine.

Moral of the story: tea masquerading as another food group, especially one you don't eat anymore, is probably a bad idea.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Began my Primal journey 2/5/12
                              See One, Do One, Teach One: my Primal journal

SW: 164 lbs
                              CW: 161.4 lbs
                              GW: 145 lbs

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'apprenais enfin qu'il avait en moi un ete invincible.

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer. -Camus

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                How so? He was in the middle of blue collar America where joining a union and working in manufacturing worked for decades. Now all those manufacturing jobs are going over seas and all them college kids are occupying <insert whatever city here>. It fit the crowd perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X