No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GotD: Paranoid people that think there's a FREAKING CAMERA hidden in their utility meter.

No offense, but the company really doesn't give a rat's behind about what you're doing, so please stop covering your meter with a damn shirt.

And no, the government doesn't care either.
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
      Eeeek!

That's disappointing, but you can't change people. If he wants to eat garbage, he's going to eat garbage... at least be happy that he's not trying to get you to eat garbage along with him.
      Apparently, his reasoning was that since it's frozen yogurt, it was ok. I told him no fast food and gave him the rundown on sugar and how it's in everything...he's a smart guy, I don't know why this stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

On the upside, he's always been very supportive of me and my continued health issues.

Comment

• The healthier I eat, the worse my 16yo daughter eats.

I open the fridge and there are four--count 'em FOUR--boxes of those stupid Pillsbury "ready to bake" cookies.
        And then, in her room, a box of sour cream donuts, three bags of flavoured chips, countless nearly-empty bottles of root beer, bags of candies.

Comment

• That dream where you're a girl being raped by a very female looking hermaphrodite and you wake up unsure of whether you should be sick or turned on.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• GOTD: being ignored
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
              GOTD: being ignored
              Hey, this is MDA, no one gets ignored. Well, maybe Alex because, gheesh, that is just frightening.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                Hey, this is MDA, no one gets ignored. Well, maybe Alex because, gheesh, that is just frightening.
                And my mind is usually such a fun place to live. So full of blood and violence. Not that this dream was lacking in either.
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Wha... I'm sorry, were you saying something?

;^)
                  Durp.

Comment

Yep. Got that too. Makes me want to climb to the top of a building with a megaphone and REMIND the world that I do, in fact, exist.
                    When the sidewalk is ONLY two feet wide due to snow, it would be NICE if you could, you know, walk SINGLE FILE when encountering a fellow HUMAN, and not shove that other person (me) into the snow bank.

Comment

• Why does the dog never need a vet during office hours? Why always on the weekend and something that just cannot wait?
                      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                        Yep. Got that too. Makes me want to climb to the top of a building with a megaphone and REMIND the world that I do, in fact, exist.
                        When the sidewalk is ONLY two feet wide due to snow, it would be NICE if you could, you know, walk SINGLE FILE when encountering a fellow HUMAN, and not shove that other person (me) into the snow bank.
                        I hear you there Kimelah. I get shoved aside exactly like that all the time as if I'm some kind of second-class citizen and if I hold my side of the sidewalk, I usually get bumped - HARD - followed by an indifferent "Oh, whoops, excuse me". OH BULL SHIT, Rudester McBumpypants. You saw me coming 50 yards away, you could have moved over slightly while yapping on your cell phone rather than prancing down the middle of the sidewalk like you own it. That's right, it's all about you, princess. It's all about YOU.

My GotD: Purse dogs.

Comment

Yeah. Like having a conversation with someone and someone else walks up and starts talking like you're not even there and the person you were having the original conversation with starts talking with them and you just stand there....

Comment

• GotL(ife):
                            My health. I was sick for four years before finding primal/paleo. I'd gotten to the point where I could hold down a job, but I didn't have the energy or mental clarity for one that would challenge and fulfill me. Once I did switch to paleo last year, I started slowly getting better. Three months in, and suddenly - I was feeling better! I felt better than I had since I'd first gotten sick four years previously. I started looking for a job in publishing and I started writing again. Then, on midsummer, I got the flu. When I got better from it, I was back to feeling the way I was before I'd made my lifestyle changes. Ever since then, I've been getting worse and worse. By November, I'd started sleeping an average of eleven hours a night. When I was unexpectedly laid off, it was a blessing in a way; I have health insurance via COBRA, and now I have the time to live at the doctor's office. I'm so tired, and in so much pain - even going to the laundromat and the grocery store in the same day is enough to lay me out for 36 to 48 hours. I've got appointments with a rheumatologist, and endocrinologist and a cardiologist (because unexplained chest pains are just an extra barrel of monkeys), and my only hope is that they find something - anything - to fix. I can't live like this. I feel like I'm rotting from the inside out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
                              OH BULL SHIT, Rudester McBumpypants. You saw me coming 50 yards away, you could have moved over slightly while yapping on your cell phone rather than prancing down the middle of the sidewalk like you own it. That's right, it's all about you, princess. It's all about YOU.

My GotD: Purse dogs.

LOL!!! LOve rudester Mcbumpypants!!! I have a purse dog except she has never been in a purse
                              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by lynna View Post
                                yeah. Like having a conversation with someone and someone else walks up and starts talking like you're not even there and the person you were having the original conversation with starts talking with them and you just stand there....
                                that pisses me off!
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X