No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My shitty VW Passat (we call him Dieter) has decided that, not only is it beneath him to start, but that pumping fluid on to the windshield is a waste of his precious time. Loooks like I'll be hoofin' it yabba dabba style the 4 miles to work tomorrow.

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes is a genius. Modern scriptwriters aren't.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Phone systems are down all across my university campus, because the system is at full capacity. Why? The Pell Grants provided to most of the student body were revoked over this weekend by a glitch.

The school is refusing to acknowledge this problem on their website, or through a mass email to the student body about what's exactly going on - so everyone is calling and making the phone systems explode. They can however, send out a quick email about the phone systems being down.

I am one of the lucky students with a revoked pell grant. The glitch erased the entire year - so it says I owe for last semester too.

Seeing that I now owe $5k+ and can't reach anyone or find out any information about what's going on just makes me nervous. First day of school is always an amazing experience.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
        Congenital Hypothyroid
        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• MY GOTD: People giving me advice. That is mostly mean. I get tough love people I understand the need for it. And I understand why you might think I need it. I will suffer under it to learn what I need to learn. But don't tell me who to hang out with and what I'm thinking. Don't tell me I'm blind when you won't even listen or try to understand my point of view. I at least try to understand. You just accept social norms. I'm not crazy or stupid or blind. Everyone says I'm blind. I say I'm the only one who can see.

Comment

• So this New Year's, my Korgier-than-Korg boyfriend decided to try primal. Hooray! I love him, but he lives on fast food and Hamburger Helper, and typically goes through three or four two-liter bottles of soda a week, and looks (and feels) it. I've been doing all I can to help him, giving him links to MDA and other primal/paleo sites, giving him the quick-and-dirty layman's explanation for the science as well as practical guidelines. I've been teaching him to cook, slowly easing into the frightening world of vegetables, and to all appearances, he's been doing well.

And then I scooped my cat's litterbox and went to throw the poop bag in the outside garbage can...and found multiple McDonald's bags, including two McFlurry containers.

Son, I am disappoint.

Comment

• Is it hard to say "Good morning Sir/Ma'am. Have a nice day"? No, it isn't. If 80 year olds can do it at Walmart why the f*ck can't supposedly professional security personnel figure this shit out? Now because some dumb, lazy pos doesn't want to exercise the basics of common courtesy and another moron called the Garrisson Commander by his first freaking name we have a f*cking long ass script to say to everyone, because I have nothing better to do at 4am than say a 100 words of greeting to hundreds of freaking people all because you don't have the sense or manners of a poorly trained monkey. This is why people get shot in the face.

(No, I am not really going to shoot someone in the face...added for truth not because this might be monitored by the powers that be >.>)

Comment

• GOTD: We have a project at work that has yet to be funded for this year. Because of a few GIANT snafus last year, we're running DEEP in the red on said project for last year's budget. Client still want the report end of February. We haven't been able to work on it because there's no way to bill the time we spend on it. Client doesn't see the problem. *headesk*
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                  No one is perfect. That being said, it's "lose" not "loose," so let's just stop the madness.
                  Yeah, those four letter words are the tough ones to remember how to spell, I see people misspell a lot a lot. That's a three letter word, so you can just imagine how difficult it is for someone to know that a lot is not spelled alot, but a lot.

Comment

• Dear Dad,

While I love to get the rare and infrequent phone calls from you. Please do not call after you have had a few to many and only want to bitch at life.

Sincerely,

your ARE-YOU-FRICKIN-KIDDING-ME? first born
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                      Yeah, those four letter words are the tough ones to remember how to spell, I see people misspell a lot a lot. That's a three letter word, so you can just imagine how difficult it is for someone to know that a lot is not spelled alot, but a lot.
                      But...the alot is better than you at everything.

Comment

• My dad posted on Facebook about how following a "lenten" diet since his heart attack in November has reduced his cholesterol and he feels great etc. I just want to cry. Going vegetarian has made him look tired and he acts so much more stressed out than he did before (and he seemed pretty stressed and easily irritable before). He's basically a full SAD convert now and it breaks my heart. Also NO SHIT going on statins is going to affect your cholesterol.

I'm almost crossing my fingers that he doesn't lose weight and gives up so I get an in to offer another way...
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• People hear odd noises throughout the world. I try to prove my brother wrong about it being the end of the world only to find out that the noises line up with geological fault lines.
                          Earthquake alert.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• My boss has noticed my weight loss. In fact she is the one who's mentioned it the most, and when her friends (from her church) commented on it, SHE was the one who told them about my diet. So, she can SEE the results, and yet she will eat TWO tubes of Ketchup Pringles a night, not to mention the copious amounts of grains in her diet as well as *choke* vegetable oil to fry her homemade potato chips in (which I have to make for her!). Not to mention she's seeing a dietician to lose weight (she's 250lbs of ALL fat because she has muscular dystrophy so, not much muscle left) and this dietician is the quintessential low-fat, high-carb, moderate-protein acolyte.

I just want to scream, DO YOU NOT SEE HOW MUCH BETTER I LOOK AND ACT?? WHY would you continue on a path that has given you NOTHING but SICKNESS?!?

Oh, and I KNOW her muscular dystrophy will never be "cured" but her other ailments can probably be greatly diminished, if not eradicated, if she'd just open her mind and LET ME IN.

*SIGH*
                            I love my job. I love the hours. The pay is okay for me. I just hate seeing what she does to herself.

Comment

• When supervisory staff members refuse to listen to your ideas to increase efficieny, promote morale improvements, and reduce stress at work because
                              "that's just not how we do things." How asinine can you really be? Obviously there are too many mistakes thanks to a broken system and piss poor training methods, and yet you think that it's entirely the fault of the employees??? Hello, when I have higher ups from other departments asking me to fix something that you say can't be fixed...There is a problem. Come on.
                              Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                                So this New Year's, my Korgier-than-Korg boyfriend decided to try primal. Hooray! I love him, but he lives on fast food and Hamburger Helper, and typically goes through three or four two-liter bottles of soda a week, and looks (and feels) it. I've been doing all I can to help him, giving him links to MDA and other primal/paleo sites, giving him the quick-and-dirty layman's explanation for the science as well as practical guidelines. I've been teaching him to cook, slowly easing into the frightening world of vegetables, and to all appearances, he's been doing well.

And then I scooped my cat's litterbox and went to throw the poop bag in the outside garbage can...and found multiple McDonald's bags, including two McFlurry containers.

Son, I am disappoint.
                                Eeeek!

That's disappointing, but you can't change people. If he wants to eat garbage, he's going to eat garbage... at least be happy that he's not trying to get you to eat garbage along with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X