No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD: I was here when this happened today in the check out line, checking out.. on my way to a second bday party and if I can't have tequila, I need cake!! How will I resist now??
    Attached Files
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GOTD: board member "jimhensen" .............. nuff said.
      Last edited by cori93437; 01-14-2012, 06:05 PM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
        My gripe of the day is superficial but its really starting to get to me. All I see on Facebook are all these people younger than me getting engaged and married and having kids....WTFFFFF. How do they have enough money to do this? I CANT EVEN FIND A JOB THAT WILL GIVE ME BENEFITS MUCH LESS ENOUGH MONEY TO GET MARRIED!!!!!! Every one seems to be moving on with their lives and I'm still stuck getting paid by the hour! I swear to goddess, I saw a girl who was a freshman in high school when I was a senior, who is married and having a baby. I'm twenty four!!! I should at least have a salaried job with benefits so i can go see the f*cking dentist without having to worry if i can afford to eat for a month afterwards. I feel like I'm losing the game of life right now.
        Hey! Don't stress it too much! If it makes you feel any better I'm 28, have NEVER had a job with benefits, work seasonal jobs so I'm effectivly unemployed for about 2 months at a time twice a year and the only reason I can afford to live where I do is because I rent my house from my parents and they give me a good deal on it. So don't sweat the 'milestones'! (I get the feeling about not being able to afford the dentist though... I really need to go too...) Life will come at its own speed. I suggest just going after the things you enjoy (yeah, really) and the rest will come in its own time.

Comment

• Originally posted by tapper47 View Post
          We haven't had winter yet. It was 64 today. I just know some freakish thing is on the way.
          This. Oh My Goodness This. WHERE THE HELL IS THE SNOW!!! (Well I actually do know where it is. Cordova and Valdez, Alaska - And I'm sure they would love to share!)
          I think grand total we have had maybe 8" of snow here in town, my driveway is nothing but mud and a couple REALLY slippery pieces of ice, I'm having to dodge mud/gravel spots on my dog trail at work and we are at less than 50% of normal snowpack in the mountains here. And we supposedly have some of the best snow in the state!
          I. WANT. SOME. WINTER! Not just coldish weather (been lows of 10 and highs of 30-45 for about forever now). Now I'm not REALLY complaining about skipping past the parts where it can be -20 or -30 in the morning but I wouldn't even mind that if it came with some snow!

I guess the only bright side is that it has been REALLY good weather for building ice at the Ice Park. Woot! But really. winter=snow right?

Comment

• Ok. And now my own personal gripe.

This week in general. The specifics of this week were great actually. But taken as a whole week, gosh dangit! We;re gonna break this out into a good list and a bad/stupid list.

Good but took a lot of energy - Long 2 weeks at work over the holidays
            Bad/stupid - (and here is where the 'week' starts) training for the fire department which ends up consisting of standing around doing nothing for 3 hours followed by doing something REALLY simple that I could do in my sleep, followed by being done. Yeah. That was helpful. thank you.
            Good - Volunteering to belay first time climbers at the ice climbing festival
            Bad - Having one of the only snow storms we've had this year decide to start when I'm in the middle of said belaying, not near my warmer gear and too busy to go get it.
            Good/bad - Volunteering to help run the aid station at the festival and ending up running the darn thing by myself for the whole darn day
            Good - Having a new job
            Bad - Having to try to fit that new job in around the old job and all the extra stuff happening right now
            Bad - Said job consisting of sitting in an office typing on my computer all damn day (for now) in an office that only receives light from the north and with a door that lacks a door sill thus letting a very cold draft run straight under my desk and freezing my feet
            Good - I can wear my sheepskin slippers at work if I want (and I do)
            Good/bad - Volunteering to help out for 'a couple hours' as a patient for some rescue training. Having said 'couple hours' equal about 6, freezing my butt off after lying in the litter and/or standing around with nothing to do until they are ready for me and not making it to work for more than about 2 hours because of that.
            Good - Mountain rescue training today, getting to work on rigging instead of medical and it was a gourgeous sunny day.
            SO GOOD - Tomorrow being sunday and having NOTHING I HAVE to do!

So it was a super FUN week but I am exhausted, I ate crap all week because I was so freaking busy that I never had a chance to eat until I was starving and thought gas station food sounded heavenly and I'm really glad I get a day off finally before starting up a new week.

Comment

• My GOTD

About a month a go, me and my dad were watching Novak Djokovic play tennis and my dad mentioned how he read in the newspaper that Novak Djokovic quit gluten and because of that had a huge winning streak last year and is now world number 1. My dad then asked me what gluten is and I used that as an opportunity to explain the whole pimal diet and why sugar/grains are not good for you. He seemed to take everything in and agreed with what I was saying.

Then last night we were having dinner and while he was eating his precious bread he suddenly says in a sarcastic tone '' And this isn't good for you because it has sugar in it? WHAT SUGAR, THERE'S NO SUGAR IN BREAD, BREAD IS GOOD FOR YOU, IT'S A NATURAL FOOD, I GREW UP EATING BREAD AND I'VE NEVER BEEN SICK AND SUGAR CAN'T MAKE YOU FAT. MY GRANDMA ATE BREAD ALL THE TIME AND SHE LIVED UNTIL 112' .... At this point he gets quite passionate so it's impossible for me to even respond. Then my Auntie starts.... '' These kids these days don't even know the basics of nutrition that we learnt when we were in primary school yet they think they're smarter than everybody...even doctors say grains are good for you!''.

HOW ANNOYING!! Some people are so narrow minded!! ARGH!
              Last edited by Jovana; 01-15-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                You can train rabbits to use litter trays??? (rabbits are banned in Qld, so I have never had anything to do with them).
                Oh yes. You can train rabbits to do pretty much anything. My older bunny does showjumping and knows how to come to me, spin, lie down, beg, stop whatever he's doing, and give me a lick on the cheek on command. search for rabbit agility on youtube, there are some amazing videos there!

Today's gripe: Older bunny taught Baby bunny to jump onto the bed. I lost count of how many times I woke up because of a clawed ball of fluff landing on my face. MOAR SLEEP PLSKTHNX.
                Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                  I haven't been in the social/dating scene in ten years, and before that I was married, so no dating then either. So, really, haven't been in the dating scene for over twenty years. So, I met a guy, he likes what I like (cycling) and he's cute (soooo cute with his long hair....!) and nice. I find myself flirting, and he seems to be flirting back. Then about a week later, end up at my place, make out on the couch, no sex. And then, nothing. Nada. Niet. In fact, he avoids me.

Right, first time back in the dating world and THIS is my re-introduction?

So, of course, I go through the gamut of: what did *I* do wrong? Was it my breath? My overall body odour? Was there something in my teeth? Do I kiss like a wet frog? Too much tongue? Not enough tongue? Too fast? Too slow? WHAT?? Did I scare him off by being too overt in my liking him?

And the worst part, because we cycle in the same group, and hang out with the same people, I'm going to see him again, and I'm going to feel quite uncomfortable, and confused.

People—HUMANS—are confusing.
                  As a person who has been in a similar situation, i suggest that you were you and he was he and that it was ok for yall to be yall for as long as that took. It took me way more dates than i want to admit to in public to realize that "all that glitters isnt gold". no need to be uncomfortable. Just act as if you guys watched a really good movie but that it was just a movie and today you are not in the theater. If you act uncomfortable then he will certainly.

As to WHY he is acting that way. Who cares really... it took me about 5 years to realize that when a woman said to me, " you are too good for me" THEY WERE RIGHT, LOL If I had let that truth guide me earlier who knows where i would be, rather i sulked making assumptions that they were lying to spare my feelings.

You are awesome. Period. that doesnt mean that everyone else will be able to match you in your awesomeness. Check box this guy as a great makeout session and keep moving forward. In 5 years you will barely remember him, i know i dont remember some of my crushes.
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                    As a person who has been in a similar situation, i suggest that you were you and he was he and that it was ok for yall to be yall for as long as that took. It took me way more dates than i want to admit to in public to realize that "all that glitters isnt gold". no need to be uncomfortable. Just act as if you guys watched a really good movie but that it was just a movie and today you are not in the theater. If you act uncomfortable then he will certainly.

As to WHY he is acting that way. Who cares really... it took me about 5 years to realize that when a woman said to me, " you are too good for me" THEY WERE RIGHT, LOL If I had let that truth guide me earlier who knows where i would be, rather i sulked making assumptions that they were lying to spare my feelings.

You are awesome. Period. that doesnt mean that everyone else will be able to match you in your awesomeness. Check box this guy as a great makeout session and keep moving forward. In 5 years you will barely remember him, i know i dont remember some of my crushes.
                    That's pretty much what I did the second time I saw him after "that night". And it was okay.
                    I can be adult about this, and not dissolve into a puddle of "why me?".
                    It just bugs me that people DO this--ignore after a "good time"... Guess I'm not as far down the road to complete cynicism as I thought I was.

Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      GOTD: board member "jimhensen" .............. nuff said.
                      +100
                      Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                        That's pretty much what I did the second time I saw him after "that night". And it was okay.
                        I can be adult about this, and not dissolve into a puddle of "why me?".
                        It just bugs me that people DO this--ignore after a "good time"... Guess I'm not as far down the road to complete cynicism as I thought I was.

Thank you.
                        +1 been there and back in the dating/social scene as well.. *sigh*
                        Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                          thought gas station food sounded heavenly
                          this is the saddest part of the whole post.. LOL but I have been there.
                          Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                            Who cares really... it took me about 5 years to realize that when a woman said to me, " you are too good for me" THEY WERE RIGHT...
                            I read that part to The Boyfriend who shouted out "Got that right!" I know it's something he has heard many times in the past, and it has never been a good sign. Now he has me, and I tell him we're just right for each other. I'm not stupid!
                            Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                              +1 been there and back in the dating/social scene as well.. *sigh*
                              I guess I can now count myself in with the rest of the dating world as having been once bitten.

Comment

• GOTD: People having a sixth sense for when I am at work. Other departments instinctively seem to know when I unlock my office door. As soon as I walked in, early this morning mind you, my phone was on systemic overload from all the calls about stuff needing to be fixed or rescheduled...Uhm...Hello...I don't work on the weekends. I'm not a supervisor, and I am not authorized to fix your mistakes. Sorry that you wanted them fixed before your bosses came in and saw what a mess of things you made over the weekend, but uhm...I'm busy enjoying my coffee and doing some paperwork catch up. Do not call me with your problems. Take some initiative.

Sincerely,
                                Now my coffee is cold.

Seriously people. Do I have Mr. Fix it written on my forehead?
                                Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Comment

Working...
                                X