No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD: I should have signed up for more water aerobics classes- that was so FUN!! Note to self...
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM. Reason: typo
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GOTD
      Scale goes up, scale goes down and up and down and up and down and.......up (you get the picture).
      C'mon. Can I at least go down a pant size? I am really getting tired of reading about women my height that weigh forty pounds more that wear two or three sizes smaller than I do.

Yes, I carry it all in my ass. Dammit.
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Alright... This whole Tebow thing...

Poll Finds 43 Percent Of People Believe God Helps Tebow Win « CBS Denver

Even if you believed in God, he's a Denver fan? God now gives a shit about football? I know now that our country is doomed. That's my gripe of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
          Alright... This whole Tebow thing...

Poll Finds 43 Percent Of People Believe God Helps Tebow Win « CBS Denver

Even if you believed in God, he's a Denver fan? God now gives a shit about football? I know now that our country is doomed. That's my gripe of the year.
          To play devil's advocate for a moment...if one presumes for the sake of argument that God exists and that he wants more followers, would it not make sense that he exhibit himself through someone who is viewed by millions of people every week? They are predicting that the game against New England will be the highest rated of the season (ever? I don't recall). It seems I recall back in the day God would work through prophets to bring in/reassure the followers could this not be the same type deal?

(Note: I don't think God gives two shits about football. I just figured someone had to put the argument out there).

GotD: It is Friday night and the best I have to do is talk about this shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            To play devil's advocate for a moment...if one presumes for the sake of argument that God exists and that he wants more followers, would it not make sense that he exhibit himself through someone who is viewed by millions of people every week? They are predicting that the game against New England will be the highest rated of the season (ever? I don't recall). It seems I recall back in the day God would work through prophets to bring in/reassure the followers could this not be the same type deal?

(Note: I don't think God gives two shits about football. I just figured someone had to put the argument out there).

GotD: It is Friday night and the best I have to do is talk about this shit.
            Totally - Y'all need to watch less TV or something! I mean I live here and haven't seen that much about him! Have fun - it's a game after all!
            I hope it's a totally exciting game and the fans enjoy - I mean that's what they over pay these guys for!
            If it's that bad, get a kid's dart gun (suction cup type) and have fun shooting him on the TV!

Comment

• We haven't had winter yet. It was 64 today. I just know some freakish thing is on the way.

Comment

• Winter has finally arrived in st louis! We got an inch or so of snow, and it finally got cold (it was 17 degrees when I left the house this morning).
                My gripe: Why do the weather people have to make such a big deal about an inch or 2 of snow? They act like it's a big disaster, it's idiotic.
                Terri the Harp Player
                www.harpsinger.net

Wherever you go, there you are!

Comment

• Mine's a a triple-but-all-are-related gripe.
                  I was supposed to put my indoor rabbits outside today... and it's frosty. -_-
                  And the one rabbit, the 9 week old dutch doe I only go yesterday.. Is not litter trained.
                  I'm running after her picking up poop and scrubbing pee puddles. Ah. Bunnyparenthood.
                  Also, the older bunny of a year and 4 months thinks she's gorgeous, and keeps humping her. Thank goodness he's neutered.

But it's all worth it, because she's tiny and fluffy and oh so pretty ^_^
                  Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• You can train rabbits to use litter trays??? (rabbits are banned in Qld, so I have never had anything to do with them).

My gripe is soy emulsifier. And how it is in *everything*

Comment

• Originally posted by Bron View Post
                      You can train rabbits to use litter trays???
                      Rabbits are easy to litter train once they're spayed/neutered. I used to have rabbits, but can't right now because I live in an apartment. I miss having those cute fluffy little bastards bouncing around, but I don't miss everything I own having a bite taken out of it and having to engineer "bunny barriers" all over the house to keep them off the electrical cords.

My gripe o' the day is bloody everything I buy has some kind of additives in it - even the meat. WHY THE MEAT. Wish I had more dough to blow on the fancy grassfed stuff, but I don't, so I just try to get the kinds that have the least amount of additives.

Comment

• My gripe of the day (more like the last 6 years): Why can't I have a social life? Is that to much to ask? Do I smell and no one has bothered to tell me? Am I just offensive to be around? Seriously, I want to know why it seems people avoid me like I have the plague or some other horrendous disease and the only people who talk to me, want to bang me and than go on their happy ways....and then once they realize that wont happen they just walk away or talk to the slutty girl next to me. F***!!!!

thanks for letting me rant

Comment

• Originally posted by Kunko View Post
                          My gripe of the day (more like the last 6 years): Why can't I have a social life? Is that to much to ask? Do I smell and no one has bothered to tell me? Am I just offensive to be around? Seriously, I want to know why it seems people avoid me like I have the plague or some other horrendous disease and the only people who talk to me, want to bang me and than go on their happy ways....and then once they realize that wont happen they just walk away or talk to the slutty girl next to me. F***!!!!

My rant is the opposite. Why do people want to talk to me in the first place if they have nothing to say? Yes, here is the part where we are saying hello to each other, and now let's segue to the part where we say things like OH MY GOD THERE IS WET STUFF COMING OUT OF THE SKY WHAT KIND OF LAME-ASS PLANET IS THIS and then on we go to SO HOW ABOUT THAT SPORTS TEAM OF THE DAY, HUH and maybe we can get on to some lame jokes that I've only heard about 500 times already before I try to tell a joke or be witty, the room goes silent, and you find some awkward way to get away from me and I don't mind because SMALL TALK IS BORING.

It's pointless to meet people my age at all because they're all married and they have kids and they're going to all be into the whole Donna Reed and/or baby momma drama thing until they hit about 50 or so, the kids have grown up and then the midlife crisis hits, at which point they'll be chasing after twentysomethings and buying boats.

It stinks, but that's just the circle of life.

Comment

• Wow. That sounds like a "white people problem" Charles Barkley talks about!
                            -Steve

Comment

• Originally posted by Kunko View Post
                              My gripe of the day (more like the last 6 years): Why can't I have a social life? Is that to much to ask? Do I smell and no one has bothered to tell me? Am I just offensive to be around? Seriously, I want to know why it seems people avoid me like I have the plague or some other horrendous disease and the only people who talk to me, want to bang me and than go on their happy ways....and then once they realize that wont happen they just walk away or talk to the slutty girl next to me. F***!!!!

I haven't been in the social/dating scene in ten years, and before that I was married, so no dating then either. So, really, haven't been in the dating scene for over twenty years. So, I met a guy, he likes what I like (cycling) and he's cute (soooo cute with his long hair....!) and nice. I find myself flirting, and he seems to be flirting back. Then about a week later, end up at my place, make out on the couch, no sex. And then, nothing. Nada. Niet. In fact, he avoids me.

Right, first time back in the dating world and THIS is my re-introduction?

So, of course, I go through the gamut of: what did *I* do wrong? Was it my breath? My overall body odour? Was there something in my teeth? Do I kiss like a wet frog? Too much tongue? Not enough tongue? Too fast? Too slow? WHAT?? Did I scare him off by being too overt in my liking him?

And the worst part, because we cycle in the same group, and hang out with the same people, I'm going to see him again, and I'm going to feel quite uncomfortable, and confused.

People—HUMANS—are confusing.

Comment

• GOtD (well, week actually)

Tuesday, my mom calls and asks me if I'm coming out Wednesday to help with my 96-year-old Grandma's funeral. This, after telling me not to come so early when I offered back last week to come on Wednesday, but now I'm hearing how there's just so much to do...

Wednesday morning, I drive 2 hours to stay at my mom's and help her out. I stay in the room over the garage, and the smoke detector battery fades in and out, causing the %$&@ thing to beep every minute or so starting at 2am. Then not for an hour. Then again at 4am. Then not. Then agan at 5am and I guess I'm done sleeping. Of course, it's on a vaulued ceiling and I don't have a firearm on me.

Thursday night, the toilet won't stop flushing and I have to actually turn off the water after every time I flush. Well, yo know how it works... "If it's yellow, let it mellow..."

Fiday was the funeral, and for some reason, I'm all of a sudden The One That Gets Things Done, which means all problems come down to me. This includes the flowers which arrive literally 3 minutes before the service starts. And I'm the only one there in a dress and heels, but I'm still carrying massive flower sprays and moving furniture.

After the service and the wake, apparently, I'm also the only one that can sort out the will with Actual Math and not by just saying "Are you sure this is fair?" multiple times.

To make matters worse, I love and adore my mom, but her house is a temple to margarine, low fat and skim everything. The only thing in her house that was Primal was the eggs, and I had to cook them in some canola-ish spread thing that was proud to announce "Gluten Free!" Like actual butter isn't? After living on eggs, Lara Bars, burger patties and water for 3 days, I finally caved and ate the mini-sandwiches at the wake. Which was apparently just a gateway drug to the sugar cookies and cheesecake.

So now I'm finally back home, and my food so far has consisted of 3 eggs cooked in actual butter and a cup of coffee with organic heavy whipping cream.

I feel much better.
                                Durp.

Comment

Working...
                                X