Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ^Oh so agreed. I read an article somewhat recently that was a huge gripe to the "parents of the Occupy Wallstreeters" or some shit. Basically more griping about how we were raised to not understand how to deal with disappointment and failure. Geezus, be accountable for yourselves people, regardless of your opinion on the movement. Drives me up a fucking wall. Nobody taught me how to handle disappointment, but I think I do pretty okay. I'm certainly learning from my parents' (monetary) mistakes.

    On the topic of kids & marriage: Josh I had no idea you were about my age, or maybe I forgot! Also ideally I want to have a super small and short service (love the idea of hand-fasting, boyfriend wants a church wedding, boo), and just focusing on a bit celebration afterward. Either that or quite honestly I'd rather save up for a nice vacation and elope! My parents, if we went the traditional route, do not have the $$ to fund a wedding unless they win the lottery or the economy makes a huge up-swing.
    Depression Lies

    Comment


    • My new gripe: The man I want to marry has an alcohol problem, wont admit it, and due to his actions, has forced me to leave him. Life sucks. But on the bright side, handling disappointment well is like my specialty.

      Comment


      • no need to have a co-dependant relationship. I know America is rife with them but trust me it is better to sleep with random strangers then have a co-dependant partner
        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

        Predator not Prey
        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

        CW 315 | SW 506
        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

        Comment


        • ^That is a pretty sucky situation, but I hope you are glad that you are aware enough and think well enough of yourself to know it's time to go. Sounds like a good night for steak!
          Depression Lies

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
            My new gripe: The man I want to marry has an alcohol problem, wont admit it, and due to his actions, has forced me to leave him. Life sucks. But on the bright side, handling disappointment well is like my specialty.
            Hope for the best! We got your back .
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

            Comment


            • That's why I left Ex #1. Trust me, leaving him now sucks, but nowhere near as much as being married to an alcoholic for 13 years.

              You'll be glad you left when you meet someone amazing that's freakishly issue free.
              Last edited by RitaRose; 01-10-2012, 10:27 AM. Reason: Cuz sum daze eye jist caint spelt.
              Durp.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                You'll be glad you left when you meet someone amazing that's freakishly issue free.
                +5 bajillion.
                I had an ex that was verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive. He finally dumped me (because I "was high maintenance" [read: wouldn't kowtow to his bullying] and he was afraid to go physical abuse on me to make me kowtow because I carry knives and his apartmentmate was my best friend.) The next semester, I met my now husband and was shocked at how outright NORMAL dating him was. As broken up as I was about the ex, that dumping via facebook and e-mail was the best thing he ever did for me.

                ETA: Gripe- farking snow. I live the desert for a reason, dammit!
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

                Comment


                • Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  +5 bajillion.
                  I had an ex that was verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive. He finally dumped me (because I "was high maintenance" [read: wouldn't kowtow to his bullying] and he was afraid to go physical abuse on me to make me kowtow because I carry knives and his apartmentmate was my best friend.) The next semester, I met my now husband and was shocked at how outright NORMAL dating him was. As broken up as I was about the ex, that dumping via facebook and e-mail was the best thing he ever did for me.

                  ETA: Gripe- farking snow. I live the desert for a reason, dammit!
                  Naiadknight- you're awesome. Pity about the idiot that couldn't see it, but it's pretty cool that you still intimidated him

                  Care to send some of that snow up this way? It snowed Saturday night. It was gone when I woke up on Sunday. Apparently I need to move further north, since I have this freakish need for SNOW in the WINTER. Wierd, I know.
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

                  Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

                  And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                    Naiadknight- you're awesome. Pity about the idiot that couldn't see it, but it's pretty cool that you still intimidated him

                    Care to send some of that snow up this way? It snowed Saturday night. It was gone when I woke up on Sunday. Apparently I need to move further north, since I have this freakish need for SNOW in the WINTER. Wierd, I know.
                    <Bender voice> Baby, I know it. </Bender voice>
                    You can have all of it, if you want. Unfortunately, the place that rarely gets more than 6" snow TOTAL over a winter, has had 3 snowfalls of 4-8" or more. We finally got the drought busters we wanted, but in the form of wet winter crap. Not cool. It's killing my nopale cactus and my saguarro, and I had to drag Spike the evergreen back inside because we couldn't plant him yet. Even the Abominable snowhound is going "WTF is this wet white crap?!"
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

                    Comment


                    • GotD - finally got a skin test organised to see what I'm allergic to (only took a few years of mithering). But my apparently non-inflammatory whole30 is damping down the reactions to the point where I bet it all comes out negative! Figures.

                      Comment


                      • RitaRose can you get me a job in Vegas....I need to leave the country after this I feel like.

                        Comment


                        • Good news is I'm going to lose a bunch of weight cuz I go through that phase after a break up where food tastes nasty. IF city here I come.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                            RitaRose can you get me a job in Vegas....I need to leave the country after this I feel like.
                            Wish I could, but the unemployment out here is the worst in the nation and has been for about 5 years now. And I think I got the last good man in Vegas, other than my sons.
                            Durp.

                            Comment


                            • Lol how old are your sons? Are they primal and good looking? Sorry if that came off as rude, trying to find some humor in all this.

                              Comment


                              • Lol - nope, they're 17 and 20, and not at all Primal.

                                That's how I deal too, with humor. I still remember how I used to write some pretty hilarious emails to my best friend, describing what moronic thing my 2nd ex did. She would actually print them out and read them to her husband. Maybe a little bit of artistic license with those emails... but I probably helped her husband look good by comparison!
                                Durp.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X