No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forgot my lunch but had a grapefruit.. so I am eating that and tea for lunch. Where is the protein?? UGH! I know. I have a can of tuna but they put friggin vegetable broth in it?? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? Why would you do that?? Cheapassbastards!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• i try so hard to have a gripe, but still can't find one.

Comment

• My gripe of the day is superficial but its really starting to get to me. All I see on Facebook are all these people younger than me getting engaged and married and having kids....WTFFFFF. How do they have enough money to do this? I CANT EVEN FIND A JOB THAT WILL GIVE ME BENEFITS MUCH LESS ENOUGH MONEY TO GET MARRIED!!!!!! Every one seems to be moving on with their lives and I'm still stuck getting paid by the hour! I swear to goddess, I saw a girl who was a freshman in high school when I was a senior, who is married and having a baby. I'm twenty four!!! I should at least have a salaried job with benefits so i can go see the f*cking dentist without having to worry if i can afford to eat for a month afterwards. I feel like I'm losing the game of life right now.

Comment

• Don't stress, Maureen. Doing things early doesn't always mean doing things right. There's a lot of stuff people do at a young age that they absolutely regret later on. Take your time and do it the way that will make you happy in the long run.
          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
            Don't stress, Maureen. Doing things early doesn't always mean doing things right. There's a lot of stuff people do at a young age that they absolutely regret later on. Take your time and do it the way that will make you happy in the long run.
            Amen, if i could take back my first marriage i know i would no matter how much "growth" it provided me
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              I don't know why right now, but I "have depression" so it happens from time to time. I suspect stress and not enough sleep finally caught up to me so I've been feeling really low the past few days. Not much I can do but keep trying to feed myself properly and wait for it to pass. Wish I had the motivation to make a steak!
              It's steak time, your homework is to go out and buy a steak, tenderize it, then make it tonight. I dare you XD.
              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
              Follow me on google+
              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                My gripe of the day is superficial but its really starting to get to me. All I see on Facebook are all these people younger than me getting engaged and married and having kids....WTFFFFF. How do they have enough money to do this? I CANT EVEN FIND A JOB THAT WILL GIVE ME BENEFITS MUCH LESS ENOUGH MONEY TO GET MARRIED!!!!!! Every one seems to be moving on with their lives and I'm still stuck getting paid by the hour! I swear to goddess, I saw a girl who was a freshman in high school when I was a senior, who is married and having a baby. I'm twenty four!!! I should at least have a salaried job with benefits so i can go see the f*cking dentist without having to worry if i can afford to eat for a month afterwards. I feel like I'm losing the game of life right now.
                Yup, 22 and maried here (almost 23) with a kid at home (and another one on the way.)

Don't kid yourself, I'm paying for the mistake XD.

edit: oops, sorry for the double post.
                Follow me on google+

Comment

• GOTD: STOP PROCREATING!!! (not you, josh, just bad timing that it's under yours)

Overheard at work:
                  Her: They're thinking about having a tax if your house is too big- you get taxed on the unused rooms.
                  Him: Then I should get a credit! Doubling and tripling up my kids!
                  Her: How many kids do you have now?
                  Him: Number 7 is on the way.

FFS people- "be fruitful and multiply" no longer applies! Yes, I'm making an assumption, but given where I live- it's not unwarrented. I'm one of four- which is a bigger than "necessary" for a family. However, we were also all born in the 80s- prior to the overpopulation thing being QUITE so obvious. But seven? SEVEN? That is NOT necessary. Can we give tax credits for the first two and tax the rest? Once you've replaced yourselves- it's on your dime . . .
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• I guess it just sucks that other people seem to have stable enough lives to do that kind of stuff and I'm still struggling to make ends meet. I want to be stable and happy and not have to worry if that interest payment is going to leave me enough money to pay for gas to get to my shitty job. I haven't been to the dentist in almost eight years. I can only get insurance coverage if I'm bleeding or dying, and my mother still pays that. I'm living with my boyfriends parents. I just want what I thought would happen after college, like a salaried job and a stable work environment. It sucks to have a plan of what would happen after you got out of school, and then have it burst in your face like a stinky pie at a crappy carnival.
                    Last edited by Maureen M; 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

• Just scalded the shit out of my tongue! Had chicken and tomatoes cooking in the crockpot all day and went to taste the broth and didn't wait quite long enough. Ow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maureen M View Post
                        I guess it just sucks that other people seem to have stable enough lives to do that kind of stuff and I'm still struggling to make ends meet. I want to be stable and happy and not have to worry if that interest payment is going to leave me enough money to pay for gas to get to my shitty job. I haven't been to the dentist in almost eight years. I can only get insurance coverage if I'm bleeding or dying, and my mother still pays that. I'm living with my boyfriends parents. I just want what I thought would happen after college, like a salaried job and a stable work environment. It sucks to have a plan of what would happen after you got out of school, and then have it burst in your face like a stinky pie at a crappy carnival.
                        You proceed from a false assumption.

Never compare your worst to someones else best.
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                          GOTD: STOP PROCREATING!!! (not you, josh, just bad timing that it's under yours)

Overheard at work:
                          Her: They're thinking about having a tax if your house is too big- you get taxed on the unused rooms.
                          Him: Then I should get a credit! Doubling and tripling up my kids!
                          Her: How many kids do you have now?
                          Him: Number 7 is on the way.

FFS people- "be fruitful and multiply" no longer applies! Yes, I'm making an assumption, but given where I live- it's not unwarrented. I'm one of four- which is a bigger than "necessary" for a family. However, we were also all born in the 80s- prior to the overpopulation thing being QUITE so obvious. But seven? SEVEN? That is NOT necessary. Can we give tax credits for the first two and tax the rest? Once you've replaced yourselves- it's on your dime . . .
                          I agree here. Also LOL to the be fruitful comment. I plan on adopting the next 2, my wife wants lots of children, I'm happy with one already!
                          Follow me on google+

Comment

• I wanted to wait until I got my life in order to have kids....and I mostly did, and now I'm 35 and it's taking forever to get pregnant, boo. Good friends of mine are currently pregnant with identical twins. They are financially stable and will make loving and responsible parents. A**holes.

I guess if I'm not pregnant by the end of this year, I should convert the room that's supposed to be the nursery into something else, like a room for all my resentments. Or for sewing.
                            My True Primal Story

Comment

• GOTD:

When you have been planning a barefoot run for 3 days now and work SMACKS YOU IN THE FACE by forcing you to stay after dark because the 2 other folks in your department have the sniffles. This would be the 2nd time in 4 days that this has happened...Seriously folks...Go see a doctor and get some meds if you are taking the day off anyway.
                              Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPickles View Post
                                I wanted to wait until I got my life in order to have kids....and I mostly did, and now I'm 35 and it's taking forever to get pregnant, boo. Good friends of mine are currently pregnant with identical twins. They are financially stable and will make loving and responsible parents. A**holes.

I guess if I'm not pregnant by the end of this year, I should convert the room that's supposed to be the nursery into something else, like a room for all my resentments. Or for sewing.
                                I'm sorry to hear that, SweetPickles! Now, see, it's not right that people like you that WANT kids have a hard time but there are so many that arrive as an "oops" or- as he put it " once you hit four or so, it's just another spoon in the pot." Wait a minute, hang on- there should be NOTHING more important than our children- but so very few see it that way. (and you should have a sewing room anyway. They're just awesome.)

That's awesome that you want to fill out the rest of your family with adopted kids, Josh! There are so many that need a good home, and so few good homes to be had!
                                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Working...
                                X