Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When people bash folks for life decisions that they themselves haven't been through. Not just in nutrition but life in general. As if one decision that Person A doesn't agree with automatically makes Person B pathetic and less human? What are we 4?
    Follow my blog where I discuss Primal Life post Gastric Bypass surgery and Barefoot/Minimalist running.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
      Party politics have no place here imho
      I've always supported the idea of creating a politics forum, it would take the admin about five minutes to set up. This would keep political discussions to its own forum and away from those who don't want anything to do with them.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ChefGrok View Post
        Trying to explain to my parents how being primal works is about as effective as trying to get them to even consider Ron Paul might be right about anything. It's a dark and twisty road.

        After explaining to my mother that I'm primal now for a while, I asked her how her SAD was going these past six decades (a dozen different medications later)... crickets...
        Are you my long lost sibling?
        Durp.

        Comment


        • Oh report cards went out.. umm yeah, funny thing about report cards- parents want to bitch at me for their kids grade. I didn't earn them! They need to bitch at their kid. Grrr!!
          Karin


          Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

          What am I doing? Depends on the day.

          Comment


          • GOTD: Seriously, if I see the phrase "red and processed meats" one more time, I'm going to flip out. I keep seeing articles that claim "red and processed meats" are terrible for you, and it's only half true.

            A slice of bologna is not the same as a steak!

            Not to mention the fact that you usually eat processed meat with bread.

            Argh!
            Durp.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
              Are you my long lost sibling?
              That's funny, I could be... I hope this post isn't too political for anyone. I'm not trying to offend.

              Comment


              • I'm fucking depressed and just want to gorge on some fucking ice cream, or chocolate, or almond butter (which wouldn't be as bad I guess), or get hammered. I just keep trying to remind myself that there's never an ideal time to do a Whole 30, but now is a REALLY bad time.
                Depression Lies

                Comment


                • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  I'm fucking depressed and just want to gorge on some fucking ice cream, or chocolate, or almond butter (which wouldn't be as bad I guess), or get hammered. I just keep trying to remind myself that there's never an ideal time to do a Whole 30, but now is a REALLY bad time.
                  Why are you so depressed? I'm sure you will be even more so if you cave in like that. Go to a nice restaurant and treat yourself to a nice juicy steak and I guarantee you will start feeling better.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    I'm fucking depressed and just want to gorge on some fucking ice cream, or chocolate, or almond butter (which wouldn't be as bad I guess), or get hammered. I just keep trying to remind myself that there's never an ideal time to do a Whole 30, but now is a REALLY bad time.
                    you CAN do this!!! My mom and dd ate ice cream after dinner- I left the room.. c'mon girlie!!! Fight those cravings!! They don't own you.
                    Karin


                    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                    Comment


                    • While talking to my parents this morning the primal blueprint came up. Well, somehow in the course of trying to explain this to them it turned into the monkey diet ...... as in they said "Okay we get it you can eat anything humans ate before they could walk upright ...um primate like monkeys right you can only eat what monkeys eat. So your on a monkey diet." At which point my husband is laughing and me at a loss of words I just give up trying to explain it. So from now on I am likely to here all kinds of comments about my "monkey diet" great this should be fun.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by suzyq View Post
                        While talking to my parents this morning the primal blueprint came up. Well, somehow in the course of trying to explain this to them it turned into the monkey diet ...... as in they said "Okay we get it you can eat anything humans ate before they could walk upright ...um primate like monkeys right you can only eat what monkeys eat. So your on a monkey diet." At which point my husband is laughing and me at a loss of words I just give up trying to explain it. So from now on I am likely to here all kinds of comments about my "monkey diet" great this should be fun.
                        WOW.. interesting support system??
                        Karin


                        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                        What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Grok View Post
                          Why are you so depressed? I'm sure you will be even more so if you cave in like that. Go to a nice restaurant and treat yourself to a nice juicy steak and I guarantee you will start feeling better.
                          I don't know why right now, but I "have depression" so it happens from time to time. I suspect stress and not enough sleep finally caught up to me so I've been feeling really low the past few days. Not much I can do but keep trying to feed myself properly and wait for it to pass. Wish I had the motivation to make a steak!
                          Depression Lies

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Wish I had the motivation to make a steak!
                            That's the whole point in going out, you don't have to make one.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by suzyq View Post
                              While talking to my parents this morning the primal blueprint came up. Well, somehow in the course of trying to explain this to them it turned into the monkey diet ...... as in they said "Okay we get it you can eat anything humans ate before they could walk upright ...um primate like monkeys right you can only eat what monkeys eat. So your on a monkey diet." At which point my husband is laughing and me at a loss of words I just give up trying to explain it. So from now on I am likely to here all kinds of comments about my "monkey diet" great this should be fun.
                              So we couldn't walk upright before the agricultural revolution?

                              BTW, You might want to let them know that eating grains is a rat and bird diet.
                              Last edited by Grok; 01-08-2012, 06:39 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Just spent 22 minutes on the phone with my MD looking for labs... they cant find them ... getting rather annoyed GD doctors
                                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                                Predator not Prey
                                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                                CW 315 | SW 506
                                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                                Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X