No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My GOTD: Having a great time off the wagon a seedy bar last night. NOT so great this morning when I feel sick. I get up to go make sure I dont throw up all over my boyfriend, when I come back and lay down he asks if I'm going to work and I say "yes of course, when its time to wake up" he says "it was time to wake up ten minutes ago" Find out my phone/ alarm clock is dead. Rush into last nights clothes and get out the door. I sit down at my cube, twenty five minutes late, take off my jacket (cuz it smells like cigarettes and beer and not helping the nausea) and have to run to the bathroom before anyone notices that my shirt is inside out. WIN after WIN after WIN

IM NEVER DRINKING AGAIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
      How F16 can screw my router I don't know. I'm going to try and upgrade dd-wrt this weekend.
      I think I've fixed my problem by setting network.dns.disableIPv6 to false in firefox's about:config.

*sigh*

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
        steal a sys disk from someone and use fdisk to force the recovery partiton to be z or d or whatever
        It turned out to be a bad hard drive after rebuilding the BCD and MBR. A waste of a lot of effort! But the new hard drive is on its way and I recovered his data.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• I can't go to dance clubs because I look gay when I dance. Curse this sexy ass which must be shaken.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• GoTD: I used to be able to "sleep in" until 10 or so in the morning. I can't sleep in anymore. Since going primal my body will spontaneously wake up way too early. I no longer need my alarm clock. It is 5:40 am and I've been laying in bed, bright eyed and alert, for over a half hour.

2nd GoTD: Went out to a fancy restaurant last night for an extended-family xmas meal. I used to look forward to eating in restaurants two or three times a year and getting some "properly" cooked steaks. It was the only time I could have steak because I could never cook steak properly myself. Since going primal I've learnt how to cook steak and now prefer my own cooking to restaurants. The steak was good, most likely made that way by the butter I'd liberally spread over it, but I found myself thinking "mine's better". I can now no longer enjoy having "someone else" cook my meals for me. I'm stuck being the only person. Oh dear.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
              GoTD: I used to be able to "sleep in" until 10 or so in the morning. I can't sleep in anymore. Since going primal my body will spontaneously wake up way too early. I no longer need my alarm clock. It is 5:40 am and I've been laying in bed, bright eyed and alert, for over a half hour.

2nd GoTD: Went out to a fancy restaurant last night for an extended-family xmas meal. I used to look forward to eating in restaurants two or three times a year and getting some "properly" cooked steaks. It was the only time I could have steak because I could never cook steak properly myself. Since going primal I've learnt how to cook steak and now prefer my own cooking to restaurants. The steak was good, most likely made that way by the butter I'd liberally spread over it, but I found myself thinking "mine's better". I can now no longer enjoy having "someone else" cook my meals for me. I'm stuck being the only person. Oh dear.
              I was always a better cook, but the spouse always felt that eating out was IMPORTANT. now that I have a primal mate we both regularly mention how krappy restaurant food is
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• I also have to wonder what the veggies were cooked in. 'Cause I don't if it was the single glass of white wine I had, or the cafo steak, or the oil the veggies were stir-fried in, or what, but I had a slight headache-twinge all evening.

It's horrible that I can (and want to) dissect every part of a meal to make sure it's absolutely perfectly in line with caveman health. Orthorexia rises again!

Comment

• GOTD: I listen to the new radio station crow that they'll have no ads until 2012 (never mind that advertising themselves is an advertisement) for half the commute in. Then GNR's Sweet Child of Mine starts as I pull into the parking garage. Not cute, universe. Not cute.
                  http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• GOTD: People who give me an assignment and all of the information and data that goes with the project. Then they leave to "work from home." Then as I scrutinized all the information and data, half of it is missing or incorrect. They expect us to get done with this project on a deadline, but aren't around to answer any of our question about the fucked up data. Thanks for dropping a huge inefficiency bomb in my lap and then peacing. Have fun "working" from home the day before New Years Eve....I'm actually at WORK. Work from home my ass. Sleep in at home is more like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                      american horror story is over for the season,
                      gripe gripe gripe
                      I hear you!

Comment

• At the moment, I hate the entire publishing industry....I received 32, mostly large boxes of books to link into our library database today. The other 8 people, in the office, received 10 mostly small boxes. Among the biggest offenders I'm aiming the stink-eye at are authors James Patterson, Janet Evanovich, Jayne Krentz - who, among about half the authors in the free world, all have shelf dates for next week. Add to that list a reference librarian who orders continuations for our system of 10 libraries; who ordered all of the current Nolo legal books which also arrived today for half of our libraries, which means the other half will arrive next week. Also our book vendor deserves my wrath because I also received from them about 10 titles that aren't due out until the second week in January, but I have to work on them now because they're all mixed in with the books coming out next week.

Oh yeah, my husband is having spinal surgery and he's such a drama queen.
                        Last edited by Lynna; 12-30-2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                          Yeah I run Fedora on my main machine. But ever since I upgraded to F16 this weekend my router craps out after about 10 minutes and I have to power cycle my router. How F16 can screw my router I don't know. I'm going to try and upgrade dd-wrt this weekend.
                          Some routers block traffic if they detect what they think are excessive TCP connections. Maybe something in Fedora is opening lots of sockets. You could try sniffing the traffic with Wireshark to see if there's anything unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                            Some routers block traffic if they detect what they think are excessive TCP connections. Maybe something in Fedora is opening lots of sockets. You could try sniffing the traffic with Wireshark to see if there's anything unusual.
                            I got my problem fixed by disabling IPv6 in Firefox. I don't know why that messed up my router though, it was breaking my internet on my Winders notebook and on my Android phone so it wasn't just something on my Fedora box. Very strange.

Comment

• Originally posted by petriquor View Post
                              This was on friday but I'm just getting around to complaining about it here now:

Was having dinner with some family and my mom thought it'd be good to bring gluten-free food since I have a huge issue with it. So she got sushi for us, and I asked for something I hadn't had before (eel). Turns out it was drenched in sauce (which was pretty much all I could taste, it was reeeally sweet). I'm assuming it had soy sauce in it, since that night and for the next few days I was dealing with heartburn, headaches, bloating, and I'll spare you the rest of the details but it wasn't pretty. I'm sure the couscous that my cousin made for me didn't help, even though she assured me it was gluten-free. Which seems odd, because traditionally couscous is made from wheat. So who knows, maybe that was it too.

Fuck gluten. I'm finding out more and more that in the real world, it's really hard to avoid.
                              I was at a cafe yesterday and I noticed they had 'low gluten' foods marked on their menu. WTF happened to gluten free?

Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              I can't go to dance clubs because I look gay when I dance. Curse this sexy ass which must be shaken.
                              Try dancing at a gay bar, at least you'll fit right in
                              A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                                I was at a cafe yesterday and I noticed they had 'low gluten' foods marked on their menu. WTF happened to gluten free?
                                I wonder if they're saying that because they didn't add any ingredients containing gluten, but they can't certify they are gluten-free. If they are cooking with gluten in the kitchen, they may contaminate the food. Fine for someone like me, but not for someone with caeliac disease.

Comment

Working...
                                X