No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i shuddered at the thought of them ripping flesh from there with all their clawing
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• Just got notice of a meeting with my boss and my union rep later this week. Never good, and they won't tell you what the meeting is about ahead of time so you can't defend yourself.

Nice.
      Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        Fucking antibiotics giving me a yeast infection grumble grumble.
        Check these out.

My fiancee has had multiple recurring (awful, fast-developing and extremely painful) UTIs over the past couple of years. And after the last round of antibiotics she developed a yeast infection too. I ran across an article a while back suggesting that a loss of the commensal L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus in the urinary tract is often what allows the C. diff, yeast and other nasties in there in the first place. The Jarrow Fem-dophilus are the only ones I have found that have both strains.

We were also both taking this one for a while (just ran out and I need to order more). Her yeast infection cleared up without any prescription meds and we haven't had any recurrences of yeast or bacteria yet. Fingers crossed.

Just a side note, in case you were curious: the commensal bacteria from the probiotics actually travel through your body and make their own way to your urinary tract from your gut. Pretty cool stuff.
        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
          Check these out.

My fiancee has had multiple recurring (awful, fast-developing and extremely painful) UTIs over the past couple of years. And after the last round of antibiotics she developed a yeast infection too. I ran across an article a while back suggesting that a loss of the commensal L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus in the urinary tract is often what allows the C. diff, yeast and other nasties in there in the first place. The Jarrow Fem-dophilus are the only ones I have found that have both strains.

We were also both taking this one for a while (just ran out and I need to order more). Her yeast infection cleared up without any prescription meds and we haven't had any recurrences of yeast or bacteria yet. Fingers crossed.

Just a side note, in case you were curious: the commensal bacteria from the probiotics actually travel through your body and make their own way to your urinary tract from your gut. Pretty cool stuff.
          Thanks for the info! I just started a round of antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection. The doctor put me on one strong one to take care of both. I will try this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            I think every woman reading this just recrossed her legs and shuddered in sympathy with you.
            I know I did. I feel your pain namelesswonder, I'm epically prone to UTI's and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck do they drive me mad with the itching and the burning *shiver*

I end up nearly making myself sick drinking a water and baking soda mix if i need it to go away straight away, if not I drink about 2 litres of cranberry juice and countless bottles of water to flush it out.. Good luck with your infection!
            Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
              -- heck I still can't figure out what the heck Twitter is for-- .
              Twitter is for twits- obviously.

Leading to: Yes, this is IM. However, I don't speak IM. I'm a professional and I'd really like to be able to parse out what you need. Spelling and grammer are not necessary. Full words really are.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Check these out.

thank you for this.. I am on the 4th round of antibiotics since September (from sinus infections, respiratory infections and now a bladder infection) I am sooo sick of antiB's, I know my gut has nothing good there. *going to Amazon to order*
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My Gripe of the day... I'll play the role of grammar police:

Lose Vs. Loose

Lose - To come to be without, like "I want to lose 25 lbs."
                  Loose - Free from anything that binds or restrains, as in "My pant are loose now that I lost 25 lbs."

The same goes for losing Vs. loosing

I see way too many instances of people not being able to use these words correctly on the MDA forum. My apologies if English is not your first language too, I'm not trying to offend anyone.

Comment

• So this morning i got a call from my MD
                    Nurse: the Doctor has reviewed your unrinanalysis and you have bacteria in your urine. He wants you on an antibitotic for 10 days and then a follow up
                    Me: Which Bacteria
                    Nurse: uhm, what. Hmm. what?
                    Me: Which Bacteria was found
                    Nurse: I dont know, hold on a minute...... The lab doesnt know, the doctor doesnt know, we wil lhave to call you back
                    Me: kthanksbai
                    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                      So this morning i got a call from my MD
                      Nurse: the Doctor has reviewed your unrinanalysis and you have bacteria in your urine. He wants you on an antibitotic for 10 days and then a follow up
                      Nurse: I dont know, hold on a minute...... The lab doesnt know, the doctor doesnt know, we wil lhave to call you back
                      Dang sounds like there's an epidemic of UTIs around here. At least they call you. Here we are required to have a dr. visit to get test results.

Comment

• i suspect it is my raw egg habit :-)
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                          So this morning i got a call from my MD
                          LOL.

If you don't have elevated white blood cells, discomfort, or pain, I bet they're L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus...
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

LOL.

If you don't have elevated white blood cells, discomfort, or pain, I bet they're L. reuteri and L. rhamnosus...
                            would those still require an antibiotic?
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks for the sympathy and information. I could deal with a UTI, yeast infections are the devil's bane. I'll check out that Fem Dophilus stuff. I'm taking AZO Yeast, which has helped me in the past (had recurring infections in college), but it's much more uncomfortable and rash-like this time around. I think WF carries the stuff you recommended, Uncephalized, so we'll see if it's not overpriced there. I also read some stuff on increasing Folic Acid. No idea why that would help, but my iron levels are a little low (but within the healthy range) so it couldn't hurt.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• GOTD: A co-worker that is obese and terribly unhealthy, has attacked me over my food preferences, brings in Who Knew cookies and is pushing them on everyone because they have as much iron as a cup of spinach and a bunch of vitamins and minerals! Ingredient list.....sugar, HFCS, dextrose fall in the top 5....yeah cause that sounds like eating spinach to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X