Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
    I work for a county government agency...
    Don't feel bad - I work for a monopoly. Same thing but with greedy shareholders and CEOs.

GOTD: The same dumbasses that live in Fantasyland are still on the internet and still trying to argue with me. I thought I explained how the world works yesterday, but I guess they forgot.

Redeeming factor: Clothes shopping never goes well for me, but I went after work and found 3 great new dresses today - and 2 of them were half off!
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
      I work for a county government agency...
      That's why your opinion doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        Don't feel bad - I work for a monopoly.
        Must be a fascist monopoly, there is no such thing as a free market one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
          Must be a fascist monopoly, there is no such thing as a free market one.
          Feels like it.

Technically, it's probably considered an oligopoly, but the barriers to entry are so freaking high that it's virtually a monopoly.
          Durp.

Comment

but the barriers to entry are so freaking high that it's virtually a monopoly.
            Yeah, that's where the fascism comes in. They get government to come in and regulate away any chance of competition.

The irony is that the very people who hate big business actually support the regulations which keep big business big.

Comment

Yeah, that's where the fascism comes in. They get government to come in and regulate away any chance of competition.

The irony is that the very people who hate big business actually support the regulations which keep big business big.
              Yeah, but on the other hand, is it really fair for a company to spend almost a century laying down pipe and cable and an entire grid, then expect them to hand it over for some other company to use alongside them?
              Durp.

Comment

Yeah, but on the other hand, is it really fair for a company to spend almost a century laying down pipe and cable and an entire grid, then expect them to hand it over for some other company to use alongside them?
                Trust me, in a free market with no regulations it would be easy to compete. Especially if your company starts jacking up prices sky high. If that happens, there would be competitors coming in from all over the world.

I guarantee you that your customers are paying much more for your company's service now than they otherwise would be in a free market economy.

Comment

Trust me, in a free market with no regulations it would be easy to compete. Especially if your company starts jacking up prices sky high. If that happens, there would be competitors coming in from all over the world.

I guarantee you that your customers are paying much more for your company's service now than they otherwise would be in a free market economy.
                  Trust me, I hear that every day. And I can't really say I disagree because it's true.

Reason #47 why I would LOVE to be off the grid.
                  Durp.

Comment

• It's more like my gripe of the WEEK. I had to go grocery shopping on sunday because I couldn't find what I need here in town at the local little market. Le sigh. It wasn't that bad. BUT (and here is the real gripe) as I was walking through the grocery store, al of a sudden my left knee hurt a little. Now this isn't THAT unusual and usually I just flex it once or twice and its fine. But not this time. It has been hurting ever since (achy really) and makes a little 'pop' every time I flex it. And the more I flex it throughout the day, the more it hurts (i know, i know, if it hurts quit doing it but just walking makes if pop!). So I figure I must have a bit of meniscus or something that has torn. VERY not happy about the possibility. Going to call my doc first thing on monday when they are open again (i forgot they are closed on friday and of course I waited until the last minute to try calling a doctor) to see if it's something they can figure out or if I need to go to the ER (don't wanna do that!) or an ortho. Phooey phooey phooey.

Comment

• i rubbed one of those little perfume sample papers on my wrist and now it smells oh my god so good, i feel like oh my god i have to have this perfume NOW to spray it all over my body and roll decadently in the scent

the bottle is 102$

:|
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• the bottle is 102$
                        102 dollars for rat brains? Tsk tsk, funny world.
                        My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                        Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                          i rubbed one of those little perfume sample papers on my wrist and now it smells oh my god so good, i feel like oh my god i have to have this perfume NOW to spray it all over my body and roll decadently in the scent

the bottle is 102$

I can't wear perfume. It bothers my husband- gives him headaches. And because I can't wear it I'm sensitive to it now, too. I have to settle for lightly scented lotions.

Comment

• Speaking of spambots and insurance, I just got the "Explanation of Benefits" for my ER visit back in October.

Holy crap!

I have pretty good insurance, so it only cost me a $50 copay, but afterwards they send you a list of what the charges were so you know how grateful you should be and keep making your payments. Keep in mind that I was only there for 4 hours and had no surgery whatsoever, just an exam, some blood work, an IV, a CT scan, and antibiotic pills.

$14,148.00

No, seriously.

But what drives me nuts is that the "allowable" amount is only $2,574.00. In other words, the insurance company has said they're only willing to pay 18% of what I would have to pay, and the hospital basically said "Close enough!"

Yeah, I know they often accept less than full payment, but I highly doubt they'd let me get away with paying $2,500 on a $14,000 bill.
                            Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              i rubbed one of those little perfume sample papers on my wrist and now it smells oh my god so good, i feel like oh my god i have to have this perfume NOW to spray it all over my body and roll decadently in the scent

the bottle is 102$

I'm just curious what it was.

By the way, you may be able buy decants of it online at places like http://http://theperfumedcourt.com/
                              It's a smaller bottle without the fancy packaging, but more affordable. It may be too expensive to wear all the time, but you would at least be able to enjoy it sometimes.
                              Last edited by DaisyEater; 12-10-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• Went to the husband's office Christmas party last night. Had a good time, but there was no way to avoid the wheat and actually eat, so I just went with it. (Much of the bread was topped with the restaurant's own chicken liver pate, which was gorgeous.) Drank too much really good, really expensive apple cider. Stood in heels for 3 hours. Rocked the cocktail dress.

This morning, I do not feel good at all, and I have cramps like I have not had in ages. Bleh. Stupid bread. Stupid alcohol. Oh well, it's once a year, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X