No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD: My daughter has gone primal so I made her some coconut flour cake. I ate 5 slices today. Even though they were teeny slices it is still just food I wouldn't have eaten otherwise
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Comment

• My gripe of the day continues to be eggs. I found better eggs that hold the yolks together , but now I keep burning the roof of my mouth on the yolks. I think eggs just hate me.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyMouse View Post
        Are you currently in Banff still? I've been there a couple of times to skii/snowblade. It was awesome! And of course people actually like hockey there...unlike Texas.

GOTD: Mine is simply the fact that I'm SO tired of working nights, but I feel like I'm trapped since the money is damn good and I can study for school.
        Yeah, that's where I've moved to! I'm a UK native. Come out here to ski, love that side of it. Just miss CF!
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• GOTD: After not eating any grains for a month and a half I had three tablespoons of cooked rice with my chicken yesterday. Today - ouch! Nasty headache.

I'm starting to suspect that the numerous migraine-type headaches I had before were mostly caused by grains...
          Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessa View Post
            GOTD: After not eating any grains for a month and a half I had three tablespoons of cooked rice with my chicken yesterday. Today - ouch! Nasty headache.
            Curious...what kind of rice?

Comment

GOTD: After not eating any grains for a month and a half I had three tablespoons of cooked rice with my chicken yesterday. Today - ouch! Nasty headache.

I'm starting to suspect that the numerous migraine-type headaches I had before were mostly caused by grains...
              Ah, if only I could get my 16yod to read this!

She had headaches a few times a week from nine years old to about eleven, then she had an MRI and they went away!. Two years later they came back. Another MRI, nothing. So, of course, when I mention that wheat might be causing her headaches (as well as mysterious random body pains) she counters with why they went away from two years and we were still eating grains! Truthfully, I have no idea, and therefore nothing to tell her to sway her toward my way of thinking.

But every time a headache comes on, or she grabs her chest because suddenly she can't breathe, or falls to the ground in an almost-faint, or grabs some part of her body (arm, leg, foot, etc) and makes a wincing face, I remember the lasagna she ate a few hours before, or the Bistro-things, or the calzone at school, and I have to wonder... But she won't have it. I know it's the addiction-to-grains talking.

That's my GOTD, or the week, month, forever...

Comment

• Originally posted by petriquor View Post
                Curious...what kind of rice?
                White rice.
                Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

White rice.
                  Interesting, seeing as from what I've come to understand white rice is generally pretty harmless.

Might it just be the extra carbs in general, you think? Like, do you handle paleo-friendly carb sources like sweet potatoes and such? I only ask because I've heard that ketosis/VLC diets are great for sufferers of chronic migraines, so maybe that's more the issue?

Comment

• I'm just stunned about the white rice too. When I had the gastric deal last month, about all I ate for 2 days was a little white rice in broth and I actually did pretty well. And I'm sensitive to migraines (caffeine, sodium nitrite, sulfites, dark chocolate, lack of sleep, drops in barometric pressure, rises in blood pressure).

That's just so strange!
                    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by petriquor View Post
                      Interesting, seeing as from what I've come to understand white rice is generally pretty harmless.

Might it just be the extra carbs in general, you think? Like, do you handle paleo-friendly carb sources like sweet potatoes and such? I only ask because I've heard that ketosis/VLC diets are great for sufferers of chronic migraines, so maybe that's more the issue?
                      I've read on wheat belly blog that any super Carb spike causes small ldl patterns. I'm convinced never to eat sugar again.

It also stays in your blood for 5 days after. I think that Dr William Davis might be fear mongering a bit, but still.
                      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                      Follow me on google+
                      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• GOTD: 16yo daughter gets called in to work this morning at the (ungodly) hour (for her) of 8:30. She asks me to make her something to eat, so I fry up some good sausages (which she likes!). She comes downstairs, looks at the sausages, makes a face. Turns on the oven and tosses in three slices of 2-day old pizza!

Comment

• Somebody posted a "white rice isn't as harmless as you think" bit on their blog a while ago... trying to remember who it was - maybe Chris Kresser? It has something in it that can be problematic... but really, while rice may be non-allergenic and have nothing but starch in it, if your little bacterial friends in your gut aren't well adapted to it (or some are TOO well adapted to it?) it's going to cause some discomfort.

Comment

• Gripe of the day: Met beautiful German girl, chatted, didn't ask for her number. Why, WHY? I know next to nothing about her other than she studies English at a University in Belfast. I am disgusted at myself.
                            Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Comment

• Studying and thinking you did super awesome on an exam and then getting a D on it. Wtf!?

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                              Congenital Hypothyroid
                              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Kimelah View Post
                                She had headaches a few times a week from nine years old to about eleven, then she had an MRI and they went away!. Two years later they came back. Another MRI, nothing. So, of course, when I mention that wheat might be causing her headaches (as well as mysterious random body pains) she counters with why they went away from two years and we were still eating grains! Truthfully, I have no idea, and therefore nothing to tell her to sway her toward my way of thinking.
                                Huh, I use to get mysterious body pain, and just noticed I haven't had any since going primal. Imagine a strong metallic taste if your mouth - I had the equivalent of that in random parts of my body. It's the only way to describe it. It hurt, but the area felt like it was radiating this weird metallic sensation/pain.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                                Congenital Hypothyroid
                                CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X