No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very foggy this morning at sunrise. A bunch of fuckheads driving without their headlights on. I'm still somewhat paranoid after having my low mileage 11 y/o car totaled on Aug. 29 by a stupid driver going through a very late red light, bless the witness who stopped and told the police I had the green arrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
      I have been icing it along with just trying to lay off doing things that make it flare up. But I haven't done the deep rubbing. Might have to give that a try. When you say 3x is that in a day or 3x one after another?

And I don't know if it golfers or tennis elbow. For me its sled dog elbow! (2 many 5 gallon buckets)
      3x one after the other. You can do the Deep Transverse Friction (DTF) for a good 5 minutes each time if you really want. (go to your comfort level).

The key is that the whole part of that body is numb and you can really break it up without doing much harm. It just really hurts if it isn't numb.

The goal is to break up the scar tissue to let your body do it's own healing.

Notice is has nothing to do with elbow, it's only because the elbow is the closest joint to the location of the pain.

Make sure you're rubbing right over the epicondyle or "elbow bump" right NEXT to the elbow, and not ON the elbow.
      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
      Follow me on google+
      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Rita: Huh. Thanks for that comment! When you phrase it that way, it does make a lot more sense. Now it makes me wonder who else doesn't want to touch the leptin reset, because of all the crazy right now.

fpjosh: go go halloween candy!

athomeontherange: And that is why this thread is awesome. People putting our shit into the proper perspective.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
        Congenital Hypothyroid
        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by jandge View Post
          Rita: Huh. Thanks for that comment! When you phrase it that way, it does make a lot more sense. Now it makes me wonder who else doesn't want to touch the leptin reset, because of all the crazy right now.

athomeontherange: And that is why this thread is awesome. People putting our shit into the proper perspective.
          The leptin reset is rediculous. If you IF, eat paleo/primal, don't eat wheat, you'll probably be just fine.

+1
          Follow me on google+

Comment

• My gripe for the day: I hate my calves. They are big masses of muscle. I've lost mega inches everywhere *except* my calves. Which means I have to wear schleppy man boots instead of the pretty womens calf boots.

Little ankles, little knees, massive calves
            Start Weight: 265.8
            Current Weight: 234.4
            Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
              3x one after the other. You can do the Deep Transverse Friction (DTF) for a good 5 minutes each time if you really want. (go to your comfort level).

The key is that the whole part of that body is numb and you can really break it up without doing much harm. It just really hurts if it isn't numb.

The goal is to break up the scar tissue to let your body do it's own healing.

Notice is has nothing to do with elbow, it's only because the elbow is the closest joint to the location of the pain.

Make sure you're rubbing right over the epicondyle or "elbow bump" right NEXT to the elbow, and not ON the elbow.
              Awesome. I'll give this a try and see how it goes. And I guess 'sled dog elbow' is a new kind of tendonitis! I don't feel it exactly in the spots either of the pictures shows. I feel it mostly in the lateral lower arm (in the brachioradialis i think, and the associated tendons obviously).

Comment

• Originally posted by shmee View Post
                My gripe for the day: I hate my calves. They are big masses of muscle. I've lost mega inches everywhere *except* my calves. Which means I have to wear schleppy man boots instead of the pretty womens calf boots.

Little ankles, little knees, massive calves
                I hear ya. My job is walking outside - uneven surfaces, up hills, hopping over block walls, pulling myself up to look over higher walls - so my calves and thighs are pretty muscular. Jeans that fit my thighs leave a 2 or 3 inch gap at the waist, and boots are pretty much out of the question if they cover my calves.

On the other hand, skinny legs are just not attractive. ;^)
                Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                  I hear ya. My job is walking outside - uneven surfaces, up hills, hopping over block walls, pulling myself up to look over higher walls - so my calves and thighs are pretty muscular. Jeans that fit my thighs leave a 2 or 3 inch gap at the waist, and boots are pretty much out of the question if they cover my calves.

On the other hand, skinny legs are just not attractive. ;^)

Well developed calves on women are sexy as hell. Flaunt em if you've got em.

GotD: women hating on their calves

Comment

• Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                    Awesome. I'll give this a try and see how it goes. And I guess 'sled dog elbow' is a new kind of tendonitis! I don't feel it exactly in the spots either of the pictures shows. I feel it mostly in the lateral lower arm (in the brachioradialis i think, and the associated tendons obviously).
                    It's not as new as you think, just REALLY uncommon from what I can gather.

Tendonitis on your Brachioradialis. That's a new one .

Cool.

Apply ice where it hurts (go through cban), do DTF.

Then wait a bit, repeat the process a few more times.

You can do that about twice a week and get results.

Break up that tendon to let it reheal. You can also be crazy and have a protein shake immediately after to help repair the damaged tendon (because you damaged it, duh.)
                    Follow me on google+

Comment

• Yeah. Thats as near as I can tell from comparing the sore spot on my arm to the pictures in my anatomy text books!

And I'm in the middle of icing it right now for a go at the DTFM. Thanks for the idea/recommendation!

Comment

• stuck in the middle of nowhere south mid west where the only thing a beautiful woman like me is appreciated for is to be oogled at. I want gal pals at the gym, I"m tired of the men following me around. Getting grumpy at all the non paleo women in the cow town I'm in. No, I'm not a slut or exotic dancer, leave me alone. At least I'm allowed to openly carry.

Comment

• Originally posted by busywaterbending View Post
                          stuck in the middle of nowhere south mid west where the only thing a beautiful woman like me is appreciated for is to be oogled at. I want gal pals at the gym, I"m tired of the men following me around. Getting grumpy at all the non paleo women in the cow town I'm in. No, I'm not a slut or exotic dancer, leave me alone. At least I'm allowed to openly carry.
                          Having moved from Tempe to Ohio, I can see your point clearly.
                          Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                          Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                          Current Weight: 235 pounds
                          Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

No, I'm not a slut or exotic dancer, leave me alone..
                            Women who aren't sluts, or exotic dancers.

That's my GOTD.

Comment

stuck in the middle of nowhere south mid west where the only thing a beautiful woman like me is appreciated for is to be oogled at. I want gal pals at the gym, I"m tired of the men following me around. Getting grumpy at all the non paleo women in the cow town I'm in. No, I'm not a slut or exotic dancer, leave me alone. At least I'm allowed to openly carry.
                              I used to date a woman who would intentionally try to make her butt look bigger so she wouldn't get oogled as much.

Comment

At least I'm allowed to openly carry.
                                My child? Let's get started.
                                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                                X