Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DaisyEater
    I was in a Walgreens and they had a display with those noisy dancing Santas and gyrating trees and whatnot. There were several going at once.
    Then you have the people who insist on hitting the start button over and over! The toys get all grungy and are totally unsaleable within a week. I like to get a cute one for my parent's house each year, but it's getting harder and harder to find one that's unscathed.

    Originally posted by CoS View Post
    I played Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the first time of the season last night. Way too early....
    LOL - I have Wizards in Winter on my phone year round!... but it's the ONLY one.
    Started 7/5/11 at 274 lbs
    Now 214 -- that's 60 lbs!
    Goal 160 lbs -- last time there was in junior high!


    "The problem with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." (Margaret Thatcher)

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
      I love Christmas music
      beautiful
      yeah you are

      Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

      Comment


      • ummm.. confession: I have Christmas movies in while I craft and have been tempted to break out the Christmas music * hangs head*
        Karin


        Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

        What am I doing? Depends on the day.

        Comment


        • you seem nice so you can stay

          grumpy still has to gtfo out
          beautiful
          yeah you are

          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

          Comment


          • My husband dropped a not-so-subtle hint that it was time for the Sarah MacLachlan holiday CD. I ignored him a lot. Now the kid next door is playing "Christmas Time is Here" on the piano. I might need to have a word with him, but he's probably practicing it because someone told him to.

            Comment


            • Really happy I avoid the whole x-mas thing. Last year the fella and I went to see a movie then ate large amounts of rabbit and napped. Kinda hoping there's a decent movie released this year.
              Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

              Comment


              • Oh yes... Greedfest.

                I'm not one for giving lumps of coal. I prefer turning the human race into smoking lumps of charred carbon directly.

                ...silver lining though, more suicide during the holidays. Maybe some folks I can do without will make the right choice.

                Comment


                • Why do people (ie; supervisor, patients, doctors etc...) think nurses don't have to pee, eat or take a break!
                  September 2010 SW 236 lbs.
                  March 2011 lowest primal weight 190
                  November 2012 CW 210 (yeah, I know)
                  11/16/12 206.6
                  GW 140 - 160 ( we'll see when we get there)

                  I'm not always consistent, but I am consistently inconsistent.

                  "If vibrant had a sound it would be you, welcome back to life" Michael Brown (my son)

                  Comment


                  • Elbow tendonitis.

                    Blargh. It's REALLY annoying because it seems like I just keep doing things that make it flare up even though I'm trying not to so the damn thing can heal. And THAT means NO pull ups, push ups or even lifting heavy things for the most part. Which is uber frustrating!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Noctiluca View Post
                      Elbow tendonitis.

                      Blargh. It's REALLY annoying because it seems like I just keep doing things that make it flare up even though I'm trying not to so the damn thing can heal. And THAT means NO pull ups, push ups or even lifting heavy things for the most part. Which is uber frustrating!
                      Ice the side that has the issue. Let it go through cban ( coldness. Burn. Ache. Numbness). Finally rub it with your fingers really deep back and forth (deep transverse friction.). Rinse, lather, repeat 3x.

                      What was it? Tennis elbow? Or golfers elbow?
                      Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                      Follow me on google+
                      Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                      "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                      Comment


                      • GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

                        Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

                        EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

                        EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
                        Last edited by jandge; 11-07-2011, 01:42 AM.

                        Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                        Congenital Hypothyroid
                        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jandge View Post
                          GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

                          Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

                          EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

                          EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
                          Oh, so you're worried because you're normal? There are a LOT of people in your boat or most of us wouldn't have been overweight and unhealthy (not to mention divorced/pregnant/broke/etc).

                          We're all a little odd. It's just a question of how much and how well we hide it.
                          Durp.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jandge View Post
                            GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

                            Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

                            EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

                            EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
                            So glad it is not just me.. I thought the same thing about myself. Guess like RitaRose said, must mean we are human.
                            Karin


                            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

                            What am I doing? Depends on the day.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jandge View Post
                              GOTD: Being gullible and knowing that fact about yourself - and yet not being able to do shit about it. It goes so far as to being one of those people that readily agrees with others without concrete facts as long as their eloquent. THEN, because I know I'm gullible - there's a shit load of skepitcism to overcome.

                              Factor in the whole leptin reset thread and the counter thread and halloween candy and there's a whole bunch of, "I'm eating Reese's Peanut Buttercups, because fuck all of you."

                              EDIT: HOHO, learned something new today, thank you wikipedia. I'm credulous, not guillible. Unless someone is fucking with the wikipedia entries and I'm just a tool.

                              EDIT 2: Wow, way to show an example within minutes of posting my gripe. ... That first edit was the perfect example of what goes on in my brain all the time (and especially on this forum). Belief and then skepticism. Fuck you, Brain. Really.
                              I don't care what the board says about candy. I know it makes me fat, but it's very tasty and I'll eat it because I have my family over.

                              I'll work out extra hard this week.
                              Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                              Follow me on google+
                              Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                              "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by fpsjosh01 View Post
                                Ice the side that has the issue. Let it go through cban ( coldness. Burn. Ache. Numbness). Finally rub it with your fingers really deep back and forth (deep transverse friction.). Rinse, lather, repeat 3x.

                                What was it? Tennis elbow? Or golfers elbow?
                                I have been icing it along with just trying to lay off doing things that make it flare up. But I haven't done the deep rubbing. Might have to give that a try. When you say 3x is that in a day or 3x one after another?

                                And I don't know if it golfers or tennis elbow. For me its sled dog elbow! (too many 5 gallon buckets)
                                Last edited by Noctiluca; 11-07-2011, 06:17 PM. Reason: typo

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X