Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
    Aaaand I've just been laid off with zero warning.

So, to recap:

No power
    No heat
    No food
    No job
    No health insurance
    Three debilitating medical conditions which I'm under ongoing care for
    Three prescription meds
    A broken toilet
    A sore throat

Fuck everything about my shitty life.
    Oh fuck, that's one shit storm. I hope things turn around for you soon.
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
      I think Sudenveri just won the thread.

I'm so sorry.
      Exactly. And here I was about to complain about the fact that it is raining in San Diego today so I couldn't go do my sprints.

Here's to hoping things turn around soon.

Comment

• Sorry, Sudenveri. That really sucks. Are there any potential jobs where you are?

I'm still waiting to hear when I'll be laid off, and it's sounding like the week before Christmas. They're just so caring...
        Durp.

Comment

• Gripe of the Day:

What's with all the extended signature lines after people's posts?

Five or 6 lines and links is a bit much. They're like friggin' walking billboards taking up half my screen!

Comment

• Thanks, everyone. Things have improved a bit in the past 24 hours. I've started getting my ducks in a row as far as unemployment, insurance, etc. goes; I'm covered up through next week (two allergy shots and a doctor's appointment), which gives me some breathing room to set up COBRA or MassHealth (when I called HR, I discovered that my boss had neglected to tell HR that I was being laid off - because why should they need details like that?). I've got enough savings and frozen meat to tide me over until unemployment kicks in, and my parents said they'd help in case of emergency. We finally got power back, which makes life in general about ten times easier to deal with.

I had an onion and eggplant left over from last week, which I've turned into fish curry using canned sardines I had in the cupboard. After lunch, I'll go to the grocery store for fresh veggies - after a week of nothing but cold lamb and takeout food of questionable quality, I'm ready to perform some fairly unspeakable acts for a BAS. My throat is also feeling better today.

Rita - I think it's a requirement that when you become the boss, you get your empathy surgically removed.

GotD: Seriously, who the hell lays someone off with no warning during a friggin' state of emergency? Bourgeoisie asshats, that's who.

Comment

• my gripe of the day:

My weightloss support group are all converting to vegan because its soooooo healthy and good for the environment.
              I think i'll have to quit that support group. I'm going insane ready different recipes for soy this, corn that and healthy vegan cookies.

Comment

• i saw CHRISTMAS LIGHTS on the way home D:<
                beautiful
                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  i saw CHRISTMAS LIGHTS on the way home D:<
                  I here you. Checkout puke at Target wished us a "Happy Holidays" tonight. I wanted to rip his tongue out. Way too early for that.
                  Randal
                  AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                  Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                  http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• I heard Christmas music in a store on Friday. Gag!

Comment

• I did Christmas crafting yesterday *ducking!!* LMAO
                      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrianag View Post
                        I heard Christmas music in a store on Friday. Gag!
                        That's why I wear my ipod when I shop, so I don't anything except my music. No crying kids. No screaming parents. No "musac". Nothing but what *I* want.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          I did Christmas crafting yesterday *ducking!!* LMAO
                          See, that sort of thing I'm fine with. Crafts take time; I don't fault craft/fabric stores for putting out Christmas stock in late October.

The Christmas music in the grocery store yesterday? No. No, no, NO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                            See, that sort of thing I'm fine with. Crafts take time; I don't fault craft/fabric stores for putting out Christmas stock in late October.

The Christmas music in the grocery store yesterday? No. No, no, NO.
                            I used to work retail back when I was a student. The holiday music started after Thanksgiving. By Christmas I was ready to shoot someone if I had to listen to Jingle Bell Fucking Rock one more time. I feel bad for the employees having to endure another month of it. That's one of those things about spending time working in the service sector. You don't forget what it's like to be on the other side of the counter. Well, unless you join management and get the soul-ectomy.

A few years ago, I was in a Walgreens and they had a display with those noisy dancing Santas and gyrating trees and whatnot. There were several going at once. Lights flashing. Different songs clashing. I turned them all off. There was an employee about 10 feet away pretending she didn't see me but her silent look of thanks spoke volumes. At least she'd have some peace until the manager came by.

Comment

• I love Christmas music
                              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• I played Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the first time of the season last night. Way too early....

Comment

Working...
                                X