Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Oh trust me, fixing one is a lot easier than building one. Not as rewarding, no, but the headaches that come with building a house are monumental.
    True. But at least the building phase does end at some point. The maintenance headaches go on forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      True. But at least the building phase does end at some point. The maintenance headaches go on forever.
      Oh yes, this is true. And the nice thing is that what we're doing right now is more cosmetic, so still rewarding. Everything being new is great, because stuff won't need fixing for some time. Right now, for me it's landscaping. My boyfriend is building the garage which will eventually have an apartment on top but I'm doing design stuff and he builds it. Fun.

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
      It's going to be a small house, but yeah, I know. Still looking forward to it.
      Are you going to build it yourself? It's definitely rewarding, don't get me wrong, and when it's done it's an amazing accomplishment that most never do. My boyfriend's been a carpenter for over 30 years and he still questions his own sanity in having built a house himself. A lot of it depends on the regulations where you build, how much you actually can do yourself, what you build, etc . . . Our house is about 1600 sq ft, two stories, 3/2, which works for us. Smaller definitely would have been a bit easier, but a lot of the headaches came from the fact that we live in a metro area with pain in the ass building codes. I totally understand why they're there, but I also think that a stern warning with a threat of red tagging is enough to keep the incompetents from building death traps. Anyhow, I'm about to start ranting . . . .
      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• I am an asshole. PB is not hard and I've slipped in to a crappy carb filled way of eating that I HATE. If I budget properly and don't waste stuff I can do this. Plus carb flu? I've done it and survived. No more excuses. And back to CF tomorrow. Bring it!
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
          I am an asshole. PB is not hard and I've slipped in to a crappy carb filled way of eating that I HATE. If I budget properly and don't waste stuff I can do this. Plus carb flu? I've done it and survived. No more excuses. And back to CF tomorrow. Bring it!
          what do i always tell The People?

40 hour fast gets you back to Zero Point, and then you do the good things.

Comment

• Originally posted by dado View Post
            what do i always tell The People?

40 hour fast gets you back to Zero Point, and then you do the good things.
            +1

I'm about 30 hours into a 48 hour fast and my carb cravings have already backed down a lot. And my energy level has gone up. Weird.
            Randal
            AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
            Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
            http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
              Are you going to build it yourself? It's definitely rewarding, don't get me wrong, and when it's done it's an amazing accomplishment that most never do. My boyfriend's been a carpenter for over 30 years and he still questions his own sanity in having built a house himself. A lot of it depends on the regulations where you build, how much you actually can do yourself, what you build, etc . . . Our house is about 1600 sq ft, two stories, 3/2, which works for us. Smaller definitely would have been a bit easier, but a lot of the headaches came from the fact that we live in a metro area with pain in the ass building codes. I totally understand why they're there, but I also think that a stern warning with a threat of red tagging is enough to keep the incompetents from building death traps. Anyhow, I'm about to start ranting . . . .
              Yes. We are not planning on owning a house until we can afford to buy some land with cash and build one ourselves. I want to design it to be expandable when we start having kids, so we'll start with around 1000sqft and add a wing when we need the space. But I am planning on doing pretty much all the construction myself (well, the Mate will certainly help too!), along with whoever I can get to help me for cheap/free.

You had an advantage with a carpenter for a boyfriend! My dad is a general contractor so I'm planning on tapping his knowledge a lot (and I've absorbed a lot through living with him for 18 years and working for him summers), and I'm good with my hands and designing and making things--probably why I'm a mechanical engineer.
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• My back is still very sore from last week's spill down the steps. Chiro tomorrow. Have to borrow a car from my parents so I can get there because boyfriend needs his to finally finish getting it fixed from the accident at the end of August or whenever it was. Boyfriend is in the hospital getting an EKG for mysterious chest pain that was bothering him a lot last night (and has over many years, I suspect digestive issues, but when I described the pain I have when eating wheat, he said it did not sound the same) as well as the terrible back pain he's had for several weeks since trying to move a soccer goal on his own (like a dummy). Last night listening to him gasping in pain while he rolled over was the saddest moment in my almost 2 yrs of being with him. Hate feeling so helpless.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  My back is still very sore from last week's spill down the steps. Chiro tomorrow. Have to borrow a car from my parents so I can get there because boyfriend needs his to finally finish getting it fixed from the accident at the end of August or whenever it was. Boyfriend is in the hospital getting an EKG for mysterious chest pain that was bothering him a lot last night (and has over many years, I suspect digestive issues, but when I described the pain I have when eating wheat, he said it did not sound the same) as well as the terrible back pain he's had for several weeks since trying to move a soccer goal on his own (like a dummy). Last night listening to him gasping in pain while he rolled over was the saddest moment in my almost 2 yrs of being with him. Hate feeling so helpless.
                  Poor guy, Probably just needs a back rub. I suggest using some coconut oil and using a flat hand, just massage his back. (any oil is really good here, my therapist buddies use EVOO :O.)
                  Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                  Follow me on google+
                  Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                  "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Day 6 of no running water or power in Reading PA....

I am not pleased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glockin Grok View Post
                      Day 6 of no running water or power in Reading PA....

I am not pleased.
                      I feel your pain, dude. I've got (cold) running water, but that's it. I'm pinning hope against hope that I'll come home to light and warmth tonight, but I have the sinking feeling that the damaged telephone/power pole on my street means I'm SOL for the next few days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                        I feel your pain, dude. I've got (cold) running water, but that's it. I'm pinning hope against hope that I'll come home to light and warmth tonight, but I have the sinking feeling that the damaged telephone/power pole on my street means I'm SOL for the next few days.
                        I have a wood stove for heat... but the lack of water is quickly becoming an EPA hazmat job... dirty cookwear and a week without bathroom flushing.

Tis not the good news.

Comment

• Aaaand I've just been laid off with zero warning.

So, to recap:

No power
                          No heat
                          No food
                          No job
                          No health insurance
                          Three debilitating medical conditions which I'm under ongoing care for
                          Three prescription meds
                          A broken toilet
                          A sore throat

Fuck everything about my shitty life.

Comment

• I think Sudenveri just won the thread.

I'm so sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                              Aaaand I've just been laid off with zero warning.

So, to recap:

No power
                              No heat
                              No food
                              No job
                              No health insurance
                              Three debilitating medical conditions which I'm under ongoing care for
                              Three prescription meds
                              A broken toilet
                              A sore throat

Fuck everything about my shitty life.
                              Holy shit. I do not have words for the absolute suck encompassed by this post. So sorry to hear all this.

Comment

• I am so sorry, Sudenveri.
                                I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                                Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                                "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

Working...
                                X