No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was at a grocery store I rarely frequent due to exhorbitant pricing (and yet it was created to cater to the poor old folks) and I noticed Corn Flakes had this "limited edition" package. I must have stared at it for at least a full minute, trying to figure out how the picture would encourage anyone to buy it. It just made me sad. A little boy, cheeks puffed out (inflammation?), perched behind the bowl of flattened grains, staring at the camera as though saying, "do I have to eat this?"

Comment

• Awww... the little dude looks so sad.
      Character is defined by what you do when no one else is looking.

Comment

• I think the little dude actually wanted eggs and sausage. He's thinking, "WTH! Don't you know youre setting me up for a life of inflammation? And I thought you loved me."
        Durp.

Comment

• My only consolation is that there seems to be as many boxes now as there were two weeks ago. Maybe people aren't buying it?

alter ego chokes out:
          NO! They're buying the boxes with the NICE pictures on them!

Comment

• GOTD: I bust my ass in the yard (3 acres) for over 2 hours and the rest of the family does what.... oh yeah.. watch TV. Grrr
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• There was an ad for Ester-C I saw earlier touting its benefits over whole oranges. Complete with CGI anthropomorphic oranges trying to "cover it up". Definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

Comment

• I have no power.

My house has no gas.

I am cold. It is dark.

I feel like shit because of the new meds I'm taking, though it's a little better today. At least I'm warm at work.

Worst. Halloween. Ever.

Comment

• Dentist tomorrow. pain today.
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    Dentist tomorrow. pain today.
                    (sad face)
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• GotD:

um...

yeah...

I got nothin'. I got a new (to me, actually 11 years old) truck yesterday! Toys for me!

Aha! My gripe is that I am not at this moment driving my new truck around having fun, but am instead at work.
                      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• I spent the better part of the day crawling around my upstairs tile deck re-sealing the edges. There was a nasty problem last winter with leakage coming through down into the living room below. Crawling around in the dust, dirt, and cobwebs and wearing a patch of index finger skin off on that damn glue gun.

Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          Ah, the joys of home ownership.
                          I can't wait to build a house. I CAN wait to repair said hypothetical house after it is no longer shiny and new.
                          Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                            I can't wait to build a house. I CAN wait to repair said hypothetical house after it is no longer shiny and new.
                            Oh trust me, fixing one is a lot easier than building one. Not as rewarding, no, but the headaches that come with building a house are monumental.
                            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                              GotD:

um...

yeah...

I got nothin'. I got a new (to me, actually 11 years old) truck yesterday! Toys for me!

Aha! My gripe is that I am not at this moment driving my new truck around having fun, but am instead at work.
                              Congratulations on the new truck!
                              Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                                Oh trust me, fixing one is a lot easier than building one. Not as rewarding, no, but the headaches that come with building a house are monumental.
                                It's going to be a small house, but yeah, I know. Still looking forward to it.

Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                                Congratulations on the new truck!
                                Thanks!

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X