Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jandge View Post
    And because I can't say it to your face, dear sister: Don't shove your fucking judgements down my throat when you live alone and don't offer up your accommodations to this cousin that didn't know how to use a condom three different times (she gave her disabled first son up for adoption). We don't need more people in this house, especially ones looking for pity because they fucked up their life.
    What a hypocrite. Besides, where are you supposed to put them? In a tent in the back yard? Sounds like you're already doing a lot for your family. Plus your aunt is bedridden. I can't imagine having two screaming children running around an overcrowded house will do anything to improve her health.

Comment

My GoTD is that being called uncompassionate has made me fucking angry - and it's kicking around in my head and changing how I view myself for the past two months. It's really starting to get annoying. I'm selfish, but I'm not a bad person.
      Hi Jandge,

Here is some awesome advice about dealing with stressful family relationships.

HealingMagic's Channel - YouTube

And here is a woman using an effective technique for releasing stress surrounding her irresponsible sister:
      http://youtu.be/dyHH8nyC7vc

You could copy what she is doing, and see if it helps.

Best of Luck!

Hope this helps!
      Last edited by MrsToon; 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM.

Comment

And because I can't say it to your face, dear sister: Don't shove your fucking judgements down my throat when you live alone and don't offer up your accommodations to this cousin that didn't know how to use a condom three different times (she gave her disabled first son up for adoption). We don't need more people in this house, especially ones looking for pity because they fucked up their life.
        Why can't you say it to her? Maybe it's just something that gets easier as you get older ;> but putting up with people's bullshit only encourages them to continue. What's she going to do to you? Take your birthday away? Toxic people only impact your life if you let them <hug> I know it's hardest to call them on it when it's family.

Comment

• My dog decided, in his infinite wisdom, to drink a WHOLE lot of water at 10 PM last night. No biggie, thought I, he does this all the time. I walked him for half an hour, he marked 2 or 3 trees and was done...

Not good.

Less good at 1:30 AM when he woke me up to go out...

Double less good at 5:45 when he did it again...

I think he got it out of his system on the last run, which I believe was due to the fact I threatened to sell him to a Korean restaurant. Sure, it was a totally empty threat, but it was funny at the time.
          Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
          Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
          Current weight: 210.8 lbs
          Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
          ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
            Why can't you say it to her? Maybe it's just something that gets easier as you get older ;> but putting up with people's bullshit only encourages them to continue.
            Amen. A very hearty Amen.

I have no patience for crap anymore, family or not.
            Durp.

Comment

• I am lucky enough to have learned at a relatively early age (20ish) that if you don't stand up for yourself to your parents/family, they certainly aren't going to do it for you.
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                I am lucky enough to have learned at a relatively early age (20ish) that if you don't stand up for yourself to your parents/family, they certainly aren't going to do it for you.
                Oh yes. Though my dad has litterally poo-poo'd everything ive done over the past few weeks.

His weight loss stopped and I'm still dropping belly fat like it's hot.

His loss.
                Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                Follow me on google+
                Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• My GOTD is with myself... after two bloody lips and a potentially broken/fractured nose, when exactly will I start guarding my face in sparring class? Seems like a pretty obvious fix for the excessive amount of pain and blood loss that I am incurring.

Comment

• GoTD: I just saw Vibram Speeds for the first time. I think I now understand why women routinely drop ridiculous sums of money on shoes/accessories. They are too awesome!

And they're $100.

But then, I did just get a large sum of money for my birthday... and I have a good job and plenty of income well in excess of expenses. So you know what? I'm gettin' em. Because fuck you, that's why.
                    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Chasintrail View Post
                      Why can't you say it to her? Maybe it's just something that gets easier as you get older ;> but putting up with people's bullshit only encourages them to continue. What's she going to do to you? Take your birthday away? Toxic people only impact your life if you let them <hug> I know it's hardest to call them on it when it's family.
                      Originally posted by MrsToon View Post
                      Hi Jandge,
                      Here is some awesome advice about dealing with stressful family relationships.
                      HealingMagic's Channel - YouTube
                      And here is a woman using an effective technique for releasing stress surrounding her irresponsible sister:
                      408 My Woowoo sister I am responsable for. FasterEFTs art work. - YouTube
                      You could copy what she is doing, and see if it helps.
                      Best of Luck!
                      Hope this helps!
                      Originally posted by DaisyEater View Post
                      What a hypocrite. Besides, where are you supposed to put them? In a tent in the back yard? Sounds like you're already doing a lot for your family. Plus your aunt is bedridden. I can't imagine having two screaming children running around an overcrowded house will do anything to improve her health.
                      Mass reply:

My sister 13 years older than me and in my family we don't talk back to our elders at all. It's a cultural thing and it doesn't matter if you're an adult talking to an adult. If they're older than you, you're SOL. And if there is talking back to your elder, especially the kind that I want to do, there would be family shaming within days - getting calls from uncles and aunts and just a big shitfest. It's easier to bite my tongue and dump it here.

She's not a toxic person in general, but she's toxic to me for various reasons. And over the past year or so, I've been cutting the ties between us - the current gripe being one of the many examples why it is happening.

MrsToon, thanks for the videos - the first one makes a lot of sense - I enjoyed it. However, tapping scares me. Tried it once, but I couldn't stop crying and at the end I felt more numb than peaceful. So I've tried to stay away from it. Writing does help a lot, and just griping about it helps - getting it out means that it's not inside me. It's why I absolutely love this thread.

DaisyEater: It would have been three kids under 4 years old if she stayed! The couches don't have people sleeping on the them, and there's still lots of floor space open - so obviously we can fit more people in here.

Thanks for the replies everyone, they've helped a lot.
                      Last edited by jandge; 10-18-2011, 11:17 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                      Congenital Hypothyroid
                      CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• I have a similar thing going on with a younger sister. She treats me like crap, which I would never, ever dream of doing to her! It has been so hard for me to just cut my losses and walk away.
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity, what is your culture? I grew up in a stereotypical Irish household (complete with broom wielding grandma) and talking back is expected. I mean, we yell more than we talk. Which is less respectful, thinking so little of someone so as to not give them your honest opinion or yelling up an Atlantic gale?
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Mix of religious dogma with a little bit of Mexican upbringing. We're told as kids that we're to never talk back to our elders. I wasn't even raised with any religion or with my mother's family, even had a white father that let me run wild, but that particular thing was still hammered into my brain.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                            Congenital Hypothyroid
                            CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• GOTD: Awake at 1am.. could not get back to sleep until @ 4am and had to be up at 5am. <cuss words>
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                                My dog decided, in his infinite wisdom, to drink a WHOLE lot of water at 10 PM last night. No biggie, thought I, he does this all the time. I walked him for half an hour, he marked 2 or 3 trees and was done...

Not good.

Less good at 1:30 AM when he woke me up to go out...

Double less good at 5:45 when he did it again...

I think he got it out of his system on the last run, which I believe was due to the fact I threatened to sell him to a Korean restaurant. Sure, it was a totally empty threat, but it was funny at the time.
                                Dog pee is currently the bane of my existence. The older one is on prednisone (cancer) and on her pill days she loses control of her bladder when it's getting full so we have to be careful to take her out a lot. The younger one we adopted from a shelter and I'm pretty sure that he was an outside dog with no training whatsoever. He's very smart, so convincing him to pee outside was easy, but he's not so good about letting us know when he has to and he drinks water like it's going out of style. Needless to say, I'm VERY, VERY thankful we have no carpet in the house.
                                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                                X