No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOTD: I hate, loathe and despise the IRS. They are still fighting me over my 2007 tax return because I don't have a copy of a check for our adoption. It was a cashier's check and a wire transfer. I have copies of the cashier's check and the wire transfer form. But no, they want a cancelled check. Morons!

Comment

• Am I the only one who wants to punch everyone on all the cardio machines at the gym*?

*The only reason I even retain my gym membership is for access to the aquatics center.
      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• I have visibly lost weight on my first month being primal, so obviously it's working. So why are people insisting on lecturing me on how they lost weight? Some of the suggestion are Ridiculous! Is it mean, if I ask them if these methods are so sucessful why they put weight back on?
        I wasn't into yo-yo dieting before I got into this.

Comment

• Just finished the whole30 - and I was awesome. But I only lost .5 inch from my waist and maybe 2lbs. Going 80/20 for the next week and then starting another whole30 - because it's easy and being off all caffiene for once in my life is good. BUT STILL COME ON BELLY START GOING AWAY.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
          Congenital Hypothyroid
          CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• GOTD?? or IJDGI (I just dont get it)??

People having trouble with being primal i.e. "giving up foods", or being motivated to "stay on".. is it not, if you truly understand the "why" being on board is a non-issue? If you are struggling I am wondering if there is not something greater at the source that eating this way. Its not that I am not sensitive, per se, but arg!

I must be a grump again...
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• ^No I completely understand. I struggle with staying on track, but I definitely know what I am doing to myself when I eat that piece of cake that my boyfriend made last night. For me, I struggle because the food I don't eat has some kind of social tie to me, like getting pizza & watching movies while cuddling with my boyfriend, or baking with him. Right now he's not interested in baking primal treats and eating steak while cuddling is not quite the same. I'll figure it out eventually and think that he'll probably end up being 70/30 primal over time. We can still have wonderful cozy and bonding times together, but I have to convince him of the amazing things I can make first. Anyway, everybody has their excuses, and I definitely get your frustration, esp. when people say they miss bread. I don't really have any sympathy there =P

My GotD: I left my rain pants in the under-seat storage of my scooter, which is at the shop waiting for a part. So I got soaked riding to work on my mom's scooter and get to look forward to putting on my wet pants at the end of the day (I brought a change of pants...but not underwear...sigh). It's definitely a hot apple cider kind of night.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                James Franco
                Start Weight: 265.8
                Current Weight: 234.4
                Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

• I was all set to have a pleasant quiet morning at the office IFing, but due to some unexpected stress I'm feeling hungry and lightheaded. I have a meeting to go to in half an hour. I'm going to eat one donut hole from the office kitchen, have a bite of liverwurst I have in the office fridge (no other food) and put some extra half-and-half in my coffee.

stressssss
                  carl's cave

Comment

• Goddamn cheerios! no goddamn cheer here!
                    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                    Follow me on google+
                    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Felt sick yesterday evening. Felt fine this morning. Starting to feel sick again. Just want to go home and nom a steak (don't have any though). I have to ride my scooter through the rain and don't have my rain pants right now so I'm going to get soaked (again, got soaked on the way to work so I brought a change of pants).

Sorely tempted to leave work early and handle the rest of the day from the couch with some peppermint tea and a fuzzy blanket, but worried about getting in trouble for leaving work.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• My mother insists on leaving her roasts uncovered despite the fact that they end up bone dry. On the plus side I cook 3/4 of the meals now.
                        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• So went back to the Doc's Friday as I was NOT improving in anyway, in fact was getting worse and get told this:

Yes, you are doing everything right (supplements, washing hands etc.) but with your lungs and asthma, your going to get sick anyway. Come back sooner next time.

Was given ANOTHER antibiotic, a steroid and cough syrup with codeine. Yes feel better, but thats not the point!!
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ordering food at a restaraunt now is the most rediculous process. I hold up the whole family who instead of waiting, tells me they will eat the fries.
                            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
                            Follow me on google+
                            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
                            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

• Another fantastic sister moment from about two months ago. She told me I wasn't a compassionate person, because I didn't want my 25 year old drop out cousin with herpes and her two screaming babies staying at our house for more than one night.

This house is tiny (1,100 sq ft)- the current residents are: my mother and I, my aunt with MS who is now bedridden forever and stuck in a hospital bed in the living room, her four year old son, and two male cousins (28 yo and 14 yo). I'm a selfish motherfucker and if household situation annoyed me enough I could leave - but it works right now at that capacity.

My GoTD is that being called uncompassionate has made me fucking angry - and it's kicking around in my head and changing how I view myself for the past two months. It's really starting to get annoying. I'm selfish, but I'm not a bad person.

And because I can't say it to your face, dear sister: Don't shove your fucking judgements down my throat when you live alone and don't offer up your accommodations to this cousin that didn't know how to use a condom three different times (she gave her disabled first son up for adoption). We don't need more people in this house, especially ones looking for pity because they fucked up their life.
                              Last edited by jandge; 10-17-2011, 11:58 PM.

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                              Congenital Hypothyroid
                              CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

• Great work ! I will keep following this thread!!

Comment

Working...
                                X