Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tsd View Post
    That's neither here nor there. I think some people can take insults and turn that into motivation. But I'm not advocating any particular method of getting a healthy message accross, I'm simply griping over the apparent acceptance of being overweight as perfectly ok.
    I get that, but the dynamic you're seeing is people reacting to being insulted and defending themselves, as opposed to straight up justification. It's especially obnoxious, being at the entrance to a gym, where people go to get healthy. There's a reason why overweight people don't like going to the gym, and that sign is a big part of it.
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• My GotD: People who continue to eat things they KNOW are (might be) causing them pain and agony, and (me) having to watch them as they miss school/work.

If only she'd try it for 30 days... it's only 30 days. It's not 30 weeks, or 30 months, or 30 years! It'd ONLY 30 days...!!

*sigh*

Comment

• I've seen the mermaid/whale thing as well, and my gripe was this line:
        We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn't enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies. We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated. Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: "How amazing am I ?! "
        I'm not overweight, so does that mean I'm uneducated and foolish? Or just that I have an overly large noggin? Frankly, I highly suspect that it's an apocryphal tale - and just one more annoying bit of copypasta getting passed around the tubes - anyway.

Comment

• I've gotten snookered into clicking on TWO "weh, i'm not losing weight" threads today. I avoid those like the plague; they make me grumpy. But people are getting tricksy now. They are titling the thread something else, but then when you click on it, it's nothing but a(nother) weight whine thread. Don't think I won't cut a bitch.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• My boyfriend's just told me about a seriously cheap leisure centre about 5 minutes away from him that's just opened and has a swimming pool, climbing walls, a spa section and a gym for 4 for 6 months... then tells me we CAN'T go when I see him tomorrow. Excitement squasher... I haven't been swimming in over 2 years and then he tells me there's one we can go to... but not this time. -_-
            Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
              That's a bigger deal than it sounds because replacing the battery on my fabulous car means removing the front driver side tire and shoving the battery up into the engine compartment through the wheel well.
              Chrysler Sebring Convertible, perhaps?
              Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnk View Post
                Chrysler Sebring Convertible, perhaps?
                Exactly - good call!
                Durp.

Comment

• GOTD-yesterday

saw the pediasure commercial.. you are what you eat and there are these soccer kids running and a poor kid in a french fry costume trying to run and play. One mom quips.. well you are what you eat. I want to see those kids sugar crash in a bout 30 min from how many grams of sugar in that crap?
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Chatty people in the gym. Especially when they're chatting about completely inane BS. I swear the topic of lentils came up.

Comment

• I did my "I'm 50(1) and should get my colon screening" colonoscopy today. The prep involves what amounts to an overdose of Mirilax mixed with Gatorade. I havn't drank that crap in 5+ years, but they insisted that it MUST be Gatorade or some other sugar laden sports drink. So I drank it. It tasted like syrup. Yuck. There should be an alternative... On the bright side, I have a wonderful polyp and cancer free colon. And whenI dd the prep, there wan't much to come out, being that I follow a primal diet and I'm not flushing out tonnes of fiber like everyone else.

Comment

• Good for you! I had a colonoscopy and got the hiccups during the procedure from the anasthesia, haha.

Comment

• Too many idiots.

Comment

• I see on the roads day in and day out

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
                              Canada your food is expensive. Not cool.
                              For a good long while the Canadian dollar was equal to or better than the American, but prices never changed to reflect that. It was retarded. Now of course the CAD is down again.
                              You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Tell them to read "The Vegetarian Myth"!!

Comment

Working...
                                X