No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People who think the government can fix things if they'll just do what they know is right....(or be in charge)
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• My gripe of the day - People who hijack the gripe of the day thread when I wanna COMPLAIN ABOUT STUFF!!!

Comment

• Grrr, I can hear the thumping of music somewhere in the distance and a harmonica just outside my window. I need sleep goddammit.
        My Primal Journal

Comment

• GOTD: I used to LOVE my Docs.. after wearing minimal shoes/being barefoot all summer I feel like I have lead weights on my feet in them. Exhausted me at the pumpkin patch today but thought they would be better protection there..now they are dusty and need a cleaning and my knee hurts..UGH
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• GOTD: Ohio State can't score a touchdown offensively to save their life

Comment

• Denmark's fat tax!!! Let's all sit back and watch Denmark get even fatter. Governments. Suck.
              GAPS diet for 2 years/Low Oxalate for 6 months. iherb code- GEC562

"The farther your researches advance, the greater you will realize the simplicity of all creation."- Dr. Edward Bach

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                GOTD: Ohio State can't score a touchdown offensively to save their life
                Tell me about it....we suck.

Comment

• Concrete dust. We're building a garage (well, I'm not, but the boyfriend and two other men are) and for the last week they've been cutting and mixing and pouring and stacking and it's been getting tracked into the house on feet and clothes and dogs. The weather cooled during this time which shocks my sinuses so I've been coughing and sneezing and had a headache and not been able to sleep which makes me homicidal.
                  Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• 85% Dark chocolate. I eat a bit, it's stale so I stop. Fast forward 10 minutes and I have a stomach ache. Wheat is one of the ingredients.
                    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                      85% Dark chocolate. I eat a bit, it's stale so I stop. Fast forward 10 minutes and I have a stomach ache. Wheat is one of the ingredients.
                      eww curriosity.. what brand? who puts wheat in chocolate?
                      Karin

Comment

• Annoyed as crap.

Back in the day, I belonged to a website called "Calorie Count". It's the usual CW drivel, and I never really used it for anything other than seeing if I was eating total crap. But once you're on a mailing list, you're on it for life. Today I get my usual daily "everything in moderation" type email, except this time it's a review of Mark's book, Primal Blueprint.

sigh

So, against my better judgment, I went over and VERY NICELY said my little bit about how much healthier I feel. Of course, that's countered with everyone on the planet that has ever lost weight eating bread and pasta. Yeah, all 3 of them. Then I get hammered with how it's not smart to ditch grains, and how the China Study (really???) proved "all that meat" was bad for me.

Hmm. Then explain how my Trigs are so low. And the China Study... who doesn't know that was a bunch of crap? Then the commenter says "Could you send me a couple links showing it's disproven? (Not from the primal guy though - I've read all his stuff). Thanks!"

Argh! So I linked to Denise Minger, Chriss Kresser, Loren Cordain, Michael Eades and Chris Masterjohn. Not that I think it will do any good. I already brought up the fact that eliminating all those offering new data kind of makes it hard to prove new facts. I'm sure they'll also be dismissed as Those Primal Guys as well.

slams head into desk
                        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                          eww curriosity.. what brand? who puts wheat in chocolate?
                          President's choice. It technically says it "may contain wheat", but my stomach doesn't lie. Often.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• GOTD: again about my docs.. wearing them yesterday I think made me walk differently. My knee HURTS and often feels like its going to give out-poop! Looks like minimal shoes/barefoot only for me as I seem to walk correctly in them. yes, I equate correct as no pain.
                            Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                              Tell me about it....we suck.
                              I'm glad I learned about 8 years ago not to let sports teams affect my emotional state.

Still fun to root for a team, but if we lose I don't feel like I've lost anything and if we win I don't feel like I've won anything. I just follow for smack talking

Comment

• I hate that I have to be in the office when everyone else is in NY!
                                Health is Wealth!

Comment

Working...
                                X