No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

• why do i love that bad word? t'is a mystery
      beautiful
      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
      lol

Comment

• will look into the doctor stuff once i have a copy of my actual results in front of me. i don't think i will need to go to her ever again; i just did because of previously mentioned inexplicable stomach pain, which has mysteriously disappeared.

gripe: how is it possible that the kids i used to baby-sit all have boyfriends or girlfriends, but i've still never had a serious relationship? and must they post their insufferably "cute" (or "kyoot" as they would say) "couple pictures" all over facebook??
        Last edited by spakesneaker; 09-19-2011, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
          Ah. I understand now. Thank you Chahinon.

Comment

• Frickin mother inlaw. Tell me why i can't just smack her one in the jaw? Blergh. Nothing is ever good enough for this bitch.
            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• thank you

Comment

• LONG STORY AHEAD:

The dining hall on campus has been particularly busy this first week. Every night I end up standing behind 30-40 people just to grab a burger and chicken breast. This prick not only cuts in front of me (with his buddy) but proceeded to make fun of Asian people the entire time we were waiting. I'm not Asian, but I (1) have Asian friends, (2) have the common decency not to be a racist asshole. Anyway, he gets up to where the food is and the girl serving the food happens to be Asian. He asks her what a particular dish was (it was clearly sausage), but she didn't know the name (she was an international student). He is giving her this attitude like "you're so stupid, you don't know what this is called." He asks for two burgers and a chicken breast. The guy in front of him didn't want a bun, so the girl just forgot to get out a bun for this guy. Instead of asking politely, he says "Aren't you going to give me a bun?" So she pulls out a bun and just lays it next to the patties. He looks at her and says "Well.....can you put it on the bun?"

I nearly snap. "Dude, you can't do it yourself?" "What?" "There are 40 people waiting behind you. You can't put the burger on the bun yourself?" "I'm not going to stand here and watch her not put my burgers on a bun." WHAT?

I know its a little thing, but this guy was just being a prick and instead of helping to speed along the process, he was giving this young lady a hard time. We coincidentally sat near each other after that and he was making eyes over at me, I guess he felt like I stepped on his manhood for calling him out. To hell with rude people. Life is a long and difficult experience for us all and I can't stand guys who feel like they can step on other people.

/rant

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                  LONG STORY AHEAD:

The dining hall on campus has been particularly busy this first week. Every night I end up standing behind 30-40 people just to grab a burger and chicken breast. This prick not only cuts in front of me (with his buddy) but proceeded to make fun of Asian people the entire time we were waiting. I'm not Asian, but I (1) have Asian friends, (2) have the common decency not to be a racist asshole. Anyway, he gets up to where the food is and the girl serving the food happens to be Asian. He asks her what a particular dish was (it was clearly sausage), but she didn't know the name (she was an international student). He is giving her this attitude like "you're so stupid, you don't know what this is called." He asks for two burgers and a chicken breast. The guy in front of him didn't want a bun, so the girl just forgot to get out a bun for this guy. Instead of asking politely, he says "Aren't you going to give me a bun?" So she pulls out a bun and just lays it next to the patties. He looks at her and says "Well.....can you put it on the bun?"

I nearly snap. "Dude, you can't do it yourself?" "What?" "There are 40 people waiting behind you. You can't put the burger on the bun yourself?" "I'm not going to stand here and watch her not put my burgers on a bun." WHAT?

I know its a little thing, but this guy was just being a prick and instead of helping to speed along the process, he was giving this young lady a hard time. We coincidentally sat near each other after that and he was making eyes over at me, I guess he felt like I stepped on his manhood for calling him out. To hell with rude people. Life is a long and difficult experience for us all and I can't stand guys who feel like they can step on other people.

/rant
                  Good on you for telling his stupid ass off. I would have reamed him too! Bad manners are just not called for anytime. It's not hard to be a good person. And fuck anyone that thinks they're better than anyone else.
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                    Good on you for telling his stupid ass off. I would have reamed him too! Bad manners are just not called for anytime. It's not hard to be a good person. And fuck anyone that thinks they're better than anyone else.
                    Prodistat
                    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

• If he wants to talk down to people, I'll just point out the ugly birth mark on his cheek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                        +1

that reminds me of a gripe of mine: people who assume i'm submissive and meek because i'm indian/asian. gtfo.

someday i will learn the following just so i can kick their asses:

Comment

• every thing and every one is pissing me off today
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• One thing about being Primal, you'll find: your tolerance for people's inane bullshit becomes nil.
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
                              that reminds me of a gripe of mine: people who assume i'm submissive and meek because i'm indian/asian. gtfo.
                              Those people really need to spend more time around Indian women. Hell, I need to spend more time around Indian women, but that's because I only wish I was as outspoken as my Indian friends. (I'm mouthy on the internet but British-Canadian polite in person.)
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• And my gripe. People who decide at the last minute that they don't want to buy something, so they leave perishable food stuffed into the display of chocolates at the checkout line. If you don't want to buy it, just give it to the cashier, don't stuff it there to spoil so the store has to throw it out. I found a very lovely piece of raw milk gouda stuffed into the chocolates at the organic grocery store. That stuff is not cheap, and it's ridiculous to waste it because you changed your mind.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X