No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodorchid, I read your signature on FML today!
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I watched my new Pirates of the Caribbean DVD today. It wasn't until the end of the movie that I realised out of habit, I had grabbed and eaten and entire box of malteasers. Primal Challenge 2011 - Failed.
      *headdesk*
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        Bloodorchid, I read your signature on FML today!
        i thought it was hilarious so i shamelessly stole it
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• This was an old comment about chicken pox but I had to respond:

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          Wow, that sucks. I didn't even know you could get it twice. Yikes.
          Yes, not only can some people get it twice, but it can be much worse the second time. Just imagine having chicken pox down your throat, in your urethra, on the whites of your eyes... FUN.

I'm so glad they can immunize kids these days so my own kids have a reduced chance of having to deal with that even once. (between the vaccine and herd immunity.)

Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
          I don't want to be stuck in a 9-5 desk job doing something monotonous.
          From what my military friends tell me, it can be quite monotonous. Only instead of boredom, you get continual "I could die at any minute" stress, so you're alternating between your brain being numb from monotony vs. trying to stay alert so you don't die.

I wouldn't want to discourage anybody who has a strong interest in serving in the military, but I feel sorry for all the folks who can't find anything better to do.
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• What kind of @%$#@$ doctor reveals my blood test results to someone who is not me over the phone?!?

Even if that person is my mother. I'm an adult. There is nothing life-threatening. You have to respect patient-doctor confidentiality, you @$#@$ imbecilic moron!!

This is the same woman who gave me a lecture about not choosing a career just for money, about how she does what she does to help people, because there's an afterlife, blah blah blah.

I go to see doctors for medical care, not for a pseudo-religious lecture on how I should live my life and for 'joking' insults about my career path (since I'm not in the holier-than-thou medical field, because obviously all doctors are saints and no one is in it for the money ).
            Last edited by spakesneaker; 09-19-2011, 12:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• That's probably the same doctor that hauled out a textbook from 1963 and tried to convince a friend of mine that there was this amazing new "rhythm method" for birth control... oh but of course if she did happen to get pregnant then it's just a special gift from God!

My friend was originally there looking to get her tubes tied, so... yeah, that didn't go over well.
              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Gripe of the day: Last week a coworker hangs right around my desk visiting and complaining about things. After a while she says, "yeah, I think I'm coming down with something".

Thanks... bet everyone can guess how I've felt this Monday.

Here's hoping the Primal means a fast recovery!
                Life is short: Void the warranty.

Comment

• A general gripe:
                  Knowing that a baby's first solid food is usually... CEREAL.

Comment

• Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
                    What kind of @%$#@$ doctor reveals my blood test results to someone who is not me over the phone?!?

Even if that person is my mother. I'm an adult. There is nothing life-threatening. You have to respect patient-doctor confidentiality, you @$#@$ imbecilic moron!!

This is the same woman who gave me a lecture about not choosing a career just for money, about how she does what she does to help people, because there's an afterlife, blah blah blah.

I go to see doctors for medical care, not for a pseudo-religious lecture on how I should live my life and for 'joking' insults about my career path (since I'm not in the holier-than-thou medical field, because obviously all doctors are saints and no one is in it for the money ).
                    Time for a new doctor. Seriously.

Comment

• @spakesneaker: that is a massive HIPAA (Federal healthcare privacy law) violation. You need to alert that office manager immediately. Whoever did that should be fired. I work in medical records, and we take this VERY seriously. At the hospital where I work, that person's head would roll.

Anyway, my GotD: What's up with all the asshats who have descended upon MDA recently?
                      "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Minor whine.

I let my room-mate borrow my coconut oil. Thanks to the fact it's been fairly warm here, the coconut oil is liquid. Instead of dipping a spoon into it like I do, she just POURED that stuff out into a pan and used it to cook pancakes.

A.) Expensive!
                        2.) Now the jar is covered in coconut oil, making it even MORE difficult to open. I washed it, but that just frustrated me. ;_; (I also think she used more than the teaspoon or two she said she was going to use, like, a quarter cup!)
                        Down from 275 to 250!
                        Werewolf Primal Living Blog - http://lycanthropology.com
                        Some fact, a lot of fiction! Keep track of my progress there!

Comment

• netflix raised the prices for subscription, fine whatever i'll get a different subscription and keep it about the same price

netflix now will split dvds off to a whole different site with a stupid sounding name and a different bill for that site? AGGRAVATED RAGE FACE
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• At college: everyone fucking loves bread. So many vegetarians and vegans and events centered around bread. I don't want to be rash, but its harder to be primal than it is to be vegetarian. Tonight was "Drums and Dough". It isn't hard for me to resist the food there but would it kill you to lay out some chicken skewers? Its a big multicultural event, but its all rehashed beans, rice, and shells. Or fried dough desserts.
                            Last edited by CoS; 09-19-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• People in leadership/management roles who suck at their jobs. It's your job to make those difficult decisions. That's why you get paid the big bucks. Don't get pissed off when someone you're managing makes a decision when you were unable to.
                              Prodistat
                              Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                                GotD: What's up with all the asshats who have descended upon MDA recently?
                                Tigerlily beat me to it. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this. There are some people being just downright nasty and picking fights for no particular reason. What's the point?

Comment

Working...
                                X