No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I opened a can of all natural chicken at work..did not heat it..ate it out of the can in 2 minutes flat. Rinsed the can out and threw it away. The office manager then sprayed the whole office with glade(which I am allergic to) as I was working because it smelled like cat food in the office. she said. I propped the office door open and left. First asthma attack I have had since going Paleo. I came back a half hour later. I guess I'll go out to my car to eat. They asked..."can't you just eat protein bars or something?" they asked "nope, they are made of crap...." I said. "Soy, artificial sweetners, wheat...crap...."
    DON'T WAKE THE MONSTER!!!!

Comment

• SlimIcy,,,,I feel your pain.
      DON'T WAKE THE MONSTER!!!!

Comment

• Why did my dentist offer me a cookie after my appointment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild-Thing View Post
          I opened a can of all natural chicken at work..did not heat it..ate it out of the can in 2 minutes flat. Rinsed the can out and threw it away. The office manager then sprayed the whole office with glade(which I am allergic to) as I was working because it smelled like cat food in the office. she said. I propped the office door open and left. First asthma attack I have had since going Paleo. I came back a half hour later. I guess I'll go out to my car to eat. They asked..."can't you just eat protein bars or something?" they asked "nope, they are made of crap...." I said. "Soy, artificial sweetners, wheat...crap...."
          Ugh, I can't stand people's obsession with living in an odor-free world (except for chemical crap like Glade, of course). My old roommates even bought this thing for the vacuum that emits a flowery smell when you use the vacuum. So everything would smell like overly-powdered artificial flowers. Just.. wtf I don't even know what to say to people like that.

Comment

• Yes my gripe is similar to the original in this post. My family are all telling me that I am wrong for cutting out grains(even my father who has diabetes, following conventional wisdom) and despite the fact that I was avegetarian for a year. I think Raw vegan is wonderful, but after doing it fo rmonths, i got sick and pale and felt aweful. I could not eat soy or tofu either. It laid, undigested in my gut, like a hard little ball, for days. Yuck! I eat meat and veggies and have gone from 167(post vegetarian down from 200lbs) now to 148 and loosing. The exception now is that I feel good both in my physical strength and in my mood. When I was 100%veg and no meat I felt liek a space cadet. My brain was everywhere but where I needed to focus it. Now I havce focus, for the first time in my life. I suppose anyone with ADD could greatly benefir from this primal lifestyle. I call it primal lifestyle and not diet because I feel it is something I can maintain for the rest of my life.

Comment

• Its my last day on the job and am supposed to go out to celebrate a friends birthday tonight. I know have the stomach flu. Yeah, FML.
              Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                Its my last day on the job and am supposed to go out to celebrate a friends birthday tonight. I know have the stomach flu. Yeah, FML.
                I'm pretty sure whiskey kills the flu.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlimIcy View Post
                  My gripe for today:

Why can everyone and their mother eat canned tuna out to wazoo, but the second I open a can of wild caught Alaskan salmon someone asks if I'm eating cat food?

I hate tuna. I love sockeye salmon. I commiserate :/ The smell is awful though haha. But i can go through a large can no problem, five minutes flat!
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by SlimIcy View Post
                    I'm pretty sure whiskey kills the flu.
                    Hmmmm, question is am I brave enough to try it tonight?
                    Georgette

Comment

• The ground buffalo I used to buy at China-Mart for $4.99 is now $8.38. WTF?

Comment

• Originally posted by CoS View Post
                        Why did my dentist offer me a cookie after my appointment?
                        He wants your return business.

Comment

• I didn't realize I'd stepped in dog shit until I was sitting behind my desk. Even after hosing off my shoes and leaving them outside it still smelled like dog shit and I had to mop the floor.
                          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                            I didn't realize I'd stepped in dog shit until I was sitting behind my desk. Even after hosing off my shoes and leaving them outside it still smelled like dog shit and I had to mop the floor.
                            Coulda been barefoot...

Comment

• that's even worse

ask me how i know

i want a bucketful of coconut cream and i don't even know what it tastes like
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
                                Coulda been barefoot...
                                Very good point. And I was wearing rubber flip-flops so it was easy to hose them off.
                                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

Working...
                                X