Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cassandra View Post
    Paleobird--I think it's a small dog mentality. Little heads, pea-sized brains. They just can't help it, no matter how cute they are.
    Oh. I know it's not the dogs' fault. We have bred them to be like that but now we are responsible for taking care of the little fluff-brains.
    And +1 on dogs left without any human companionship. That is just mean.

Comment

• My gripe for today is that I have to pay $23 shipping on $35 ExFit gymnastic rings.

But I guess a one-time payment of $60 is fair if I'm not going to pay for a gym membership from April to October.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

• Drivers who don't know how to use acceleration and deceleration lanes properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I need to get that border collie/ husky mix we've been talking about and let it "herd" them.
          We have a border collie/blue heeler mix and are thinking about getting another same type when we move into more space. I love them, whip-smart and great personalities. And better than a personal trainer. Sad thing is that they end up in shelters a lot because people don't realize how much work they are. Most days she gets walked 2-5 miles. In the summer she gets to swim in the streams as well (we go in with her) but even that isn't really enough.
          Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lynna View Post
            Drivers who don't know how to use acceleration and deceleration lanes properly.
            This.

Comment

• UGH... wake up this morning with the news of the earthquake in Japan. Called parents to see if they know about it. Mom starts going off on a preaching sermon about us living in the biblical End Times. Not want I wanted to hear this morning. Kinda hung up on her. Now feel very guilty. Very quite about my religious beliefs and it's always a thorn between my parents and me.
              I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                We have a border collie/blue heeler mix and are thinking about getting another same type when we move into more space. I love them, whip-smart and great personalities. And better than a personal trainer. Sad thing is that they end up in shelters a lot because people don't realize how much work they are. Most days she gets walked 2-5 miles. In the summer she gets to swim in the streams as well (we go in with her) but even that isn't really enough.
                I rescued a Blue heeler from going to the pound. Great dog, hated giving her up but need to keep room for more unwanted babies to help! She is a awesome dog. They are tough, smart, compact and very 'in' to their people. Great dogs for people that love the outdoors.
                I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• On Facebook, whenever my sister posts something her 5 year old supposedly says, she uses "per".

As in: Per 5 Year Old, thank you Aunt Sanepsycho for the birthday gift! I was sad that you didn't come to my party.

Or: Per 5 Year Old, I miss you Aunt Sanepsycho, I wish you would come see me play tee ball. It would make me so happy to have my family there to cheer me on!

Per me: FB is not a business letter. It does not make you sound more intelligent to use "per" instead of "Johnny said to tell you...". Somehow I don't think he asked you to post a message to me on your rarely used Facebook account. And I love how your passive-aggressiveness now includes using your son and Facebook.

And maybe if you had shown any interest in me, my children as they were growing up, and helping take care of your aging parents before they died, instead of deciding after having a later in life baby that family is suddenly important, I would care more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                    I grew up with a border collie mix. I have no clue what he was mixed with (possibly retriever), but he was a SMART and energetic dog. He'd play tag, he'd play fetch, he was patient with us and our brilliant ideas for what to do with him, and he made one HELL of a guard dog. If they came through the back door with us, he was their best friend. If they came over the fence or appeared when we weren't home, he would make sure the cops had a DNA sample. He seemed pretty happy, but then again, he also had a half acre to roam over (he was an outdoor dog), he got ice in his water during the summer, we took him to the park every Saturday (he walked us while Mom played soccer), he got table scraps most nights, and we brought him inside when it got below freezing. I LOVED that dog.
                    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by carres1973 View Post
                      My gripe: Car manufacturers have stopped installing functional turn signals on cars. That is the only logical explanation I can think of for the complete lack of turn signal use I see on the roads day in and day out!

Carrie
                      If it's a Peugeot you could be right... my gripe of the day... 300 for a new headlight unit just to fix a dodgy turn signal connection!
                      Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
                      Harold Whitman

Comment

• There must be a bad case of the stupids going around the office.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• My gripe is that I think I have to switch from being poo-less back to using shampoo and conditioner to protect my fake blonde.

Comment

• My gripe of the day:
                            Morons who build multiple nuclear reactors in one of the most seismically active places on the planet!!!!!!!

Epic-level stupidity.

Beam me up, Scotty....
                            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• My gripe today: That I have to drive an hour+ to Philadelphia when extensive light rail all over Eastern Pa would make so much sense.

On the plus side, I will see the greatest flower show on earth!
                              This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
                              Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• my gripe: I don't meet women that look like raphaella & are single

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread6138-88.html
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X