No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm so so tired of people throwing in "jus sayin" after they make a statement. It's driving me batty and it takes all my grown-upness to not immediately snap off a grumpy comment on their page.

Comment

• We're not allowed to camp on the Malvern Hills. So now we're gonna have to hike around malvern, then drive back the 20-odd miles and lug all our camping stuff a couple of miles to our usualy camping spot. I can't see me having any trouble falling asleep tomorrow night.
      Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• frog squats absolutely shredded my thighs, i want to apologize to them so they quit hurting
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
          Win. I love RageBuilder.
          "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Something is giving me ulcers. WTF is giving me fecking ulcers?!

I had none for so long and now I have usually two at a time *cry*
              My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah1990 View Post
                Something is giving me ulcers. WTF is giving me fecking ulcers?!

I had none for so long and now I have usually two at a time *cry*
                Aren't ulcers from a virus?

Not sure how you get it though.

ETA: Nope, it's from bacteria (H. pylori)
                Last edited by RitaRose; 09-07-2011, 05:32 PM.
                Durp.

Comment

• I bit the inside of my lip the other day, and its still swollen and painful. Every time I sip my hot beverage, it hurts. Dang!

Comment

• Wild Salmon season is apparently over at my usual shopping venue as of today. I ended up topping my salad with some canned mackerel for O-3's instead of wild salmon. Blah.

Comment

• Looking at shoes. All barefoot shoes cost way too ****ing much. I don't want to pay $50+ for a pair of reinforced socks/footbags, or $80-$100 for a pair of reinforced toe-socks that I can't even wear because my middle toes are too long. And I don't want to wear kung fu/water shoes so I can have my toes crushed in. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU

Comment

• Rick, I'd say just find the most comfortable flattest shoes you can, take them with you and only wear them when you need to. Otherwise, barefoot it!
                        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                          Aren't ulcers from a virus?

Not sure how you get it though.

ETA: Nope, it's from bacteria (H. pylori)
                          I am not surprised that there's more bacteria floating around my mouth than usual. Spent most of the last 6 weeks living in fields with less than satisfactory hand washing facilities!

Just going to bonjela them till they bugger off!
                          My Primal Journal

Comment

• My supervisor has celiac disease. He uses alternative grain products (fake bread, fake pretzels, etc.). His lunches are fake pretzels and fruit. It makes me sad.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• They called me this weekend and told me I was a great match for someone needing a bone marrow transplant. I would be happy to do it -- but unfortunately I'm disqualified since it took me so long to recover from my c-section incision back in December.

There's just too much risk that I might have a crappy immune system or some underlying autoimmune disorder, basically. Gotta keep both me and the patient safe, and there's no point in putting the patient through the extreme risk of a transplant if my immune system isn't 100% kicking ass.

They did say they have another potential donor as a back-up, so hopefully the patient won't die, but... I think this is enough to qualify as a gripe.
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• GUH. I post on facebook "Sorry, hate to seem pushy, but I really wish a lot of people would read stuff like this. It's creating an amazing uproar right now. Communication is key for change!" and a link to the Amazon.com Wheat Belly page. I figured that'd be a nice way to share information, but not push my WoE in other people's faces.

My cousin says: "Due to Anastasia's celiac, we have been wheat-free for several years. It is amazing to realize how most people eat wheat all day long. We are still consuming rice though (not sure I could do absolutely grain free). That book looks interesting. . ."

I say: "I eat rice sometimes but went grain-free about 2 months ago. It's made a huge difference in my digestive system, despite not having celiac disease. I don't use alternatives, I just focus on healthy fats/meat/veggie-based carbs and I feel pretty darn good "

My sister says: "Hm bacon= not the healthiest fat"

So I say: "[sister's name], when I have a heart attack due to too much bacon or my cholesterol gets dangerously high, you can criticize my bacon consumption. Until then, please stop. This is the healthiest I've ever been and it's not because I'm eating too much bacon."

Maybe I should have said something a bit nicer like "'Hm bacon'? I'm not familiar with that meat, can you tell me what it is?" but it really pissed me off. She's such a crossed-arms hoity toity vegan and it drives me fucking insane. I guess the biggest thing is bacon = saturated fats and that's the hardest thing for people to accept, but I seriously doubt with all the better things I"m eating, like VEGETABLES, I'm in any real danger. I am definitely getting overly defensive over it (and now not looking forward to a long drive with her to Maine tomorrow) because this is honestly the best I've felt in a long time, but I don't tell her that the way she eats is unhealthy so she can fuck off about how I eat. Gr. Need to calm down.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X