Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOTD: Just got back from Africa to find that my sister took my dog to the vet while I was gone and had his nails clipped. I have a real dog, not some pampered purse pooch. He digs up gophers and kills squirrels with those nails.

    Dear Sis, how would you like it if I were babysitting your kid and you come home to find that I took him to the doctor and got him circumcised while you were gone? And then I tell you that you really should be thanking me because you really should have had it done by now. And then ask you to fucking PAY for it?!?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
      + eleventy billion. I can't be bothered with long hair. Especially in the summer when I'm outside doing heavy work. My hair is also super thick. Fortunately no one tries to set me up with anyone, especially since I'm in a relationship, but that's gotta be annoying.
      That's interesting. I work outside too, and I had to grow mine longer because it was long enough to be on my neck but too short for a decent ponytail. I look like crap with really short hair.
      Durp.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        That's interesting. I work outside too, and I had to grow mine longer because it was long enough to be on my neck but too short for a decent ponytail. I look like crap with really short hair.
        Oh yeah, I HATE wet hair on my neck and a sweat like mad. When I had it long enough for a ponytail I'd often shave underneath because it's so hot. My hair is also very dark brown so it absorbs sunlight, so kinda like wearing a wool hat. Bleah. Not everyone can wear their hair this short (I get it cut at a barber shop. Better cut, $15, in and out in 10 minutes) but I'm kinda butch so it works.
        Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
          Dear Sis, how would you like it if I were babysitting your kid and you come home to find that I took him to the doctor and got him circumcised while you were gone?
          GOTD: when permanent genital mutilation of a human child is compared to a dog's nail's being clipped. Comparison FAIL!

          However, what your sister did was a little nuts and totally out of line.

          Comment


          • I'm assuming this was a permanent claw removal, which is more like taking off the tip of your finger than just trimming a nail that will come back later

            like I trim my cat's nails, but would never think of removing the claws themselves. that's just cruel.
            “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
              I'm assuming this was a permanent claw removal, which is more like taking off the tip of your finger than just trimming a nail that will come back later
              I'm not making any assumptions -- I'm just going by what she said, and that's "nails clipped". Nail removal is a completely different thing, and I've never heard of that being done on dogs.

              Comment


              • people remove dog nails?? jeez i don't enjoy my dogs happily scratching my legs for attention but the most i threaten them with is dog shoes
                beautiful
                yeah you are

                Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                lol

                Comment


                • No, it was just nail clipping not removal but that still can be very painful for a dog depending on the skill of the person doing the clipping. Just a bit too close and they bleed. Not to mention the trauma of being carted to the vet by a stranger.
                  As far as the comparison fail goes, that dog is my baby, so, for me, the comparison holds. Sis got a little scratch on her pant leg when my dog jumped up looking for attention. She shouldn't make my dog pay for that. And she just did it without asking. That really bugs me.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    No, it was just nail clipping not removal but that still can be very painful for a dog depending on the skill of the person doing the clipping. Just a bit too close and they bleed. Not to mention the trauma of being carted to the vet by a stranger.
                    As far as the comparison fail goes, that dog is my baby, so, for me, the comparison holds. Sis got a little scratch on her pant leg when my dog jumped up looking for attention. She shouldn't make my dog pay for that. And she just did it without asking. That really bugs me.
                    But it's not your baby, it's a dog and someone was watching it and decided that it needed its nails trimmed, you're overreacting.

                    Unless you specifically told her not to, this is one of the things that good dog watchers do. If you have proof that it was a shoddy job, it'd be a different story.
                    Last edited by kenn; 08-26-2011, 09:16 PM.
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

                    Comment


                    • Sod off, kenn. I'm too tired for your snottiness.

                      Comment


                      • I don't agree with the circumcision analogy, probably more like getting your baby's ears pierced....

                        but I'd also throttle anyone who clipped my dog's nails. The white nails are fairly easy to do, but the dark ones it's fairly hard to see where the quick is. It's taken me MONTHS of carefully clipping just milimetres and rewarding him with cheese every time for him to let me do his nails without growling, thanks to a careless job when he was a puppy. (by someone else I might add)
                        If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat? Tom Snyder

                        Comment


                        • GOTD: Contract Position terminated!!!!! 4 months in to a 3 year contract. WTF!!!!
                          Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                          Predator not Prey
                          Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                          CW 315 | SW 506
                          Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                          Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                          Comment


                          • My gripe: Fat people in the Army/military.

                            Enough said.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                              GOTD: Contract Position terminated!!!!! 4 months in to a 3 year contract. WTF!!!!
                              I hear ya Quelsen. I'm getting laid off in about 6 months from a monopoly. Seriously.

                              Sorry to hear about your contract ending though. Are you going to be able to find something else fairly quickly?
                              Durp.

                              Comment


                              • “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X