Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blackbird View Post
    I have short hair. Short hair is just short hair.
    Quit making assumptions about my short hair already.
    On the other hand, I guess it's flattering that you all want to set me up with your single friends.
    + eleventy billion. I can't be bothered with long hair. Especially in the summer when I'm outside doing heavy work. My hair is also super thick. Fortunately no one tries to set me up with anyone, especially since I'm in a relationship, but that's gotta be annoying.
    Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

• Just how many surgeries can any one pelvis be reasonably expected to require in a three-year period? Looks like I'm going to have surgery #6 soon. aagslaslkafljkaljkflkj
      Last edited by Jenny; 08-22-2011, 09:57 AM. Reason: three years, not two. But still. WTF
      "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Yes. You can hold the snake, and the lizard, and the tortoise. NO, none of them bite. NO, they're not poisonous, YES. You can hold this one when it's your turn. NO, you can not hold the baby rabbits, they're 5 fecking weeks old and it stresses them out to be handled too much. I SAID PUT THAT RABBIT DOWN.
        Don't lean on the cages, they bend easily and they're expensive.
        There is a queue, you'll have to wait until these people come out.
        No, he's not poisonous. Of course he's moving. He's a living breathing animal.
        Make sure you put some hand gel on before you leave!
        PUT.
        THE RABBITS.
        DOWN!!!!

Oy. I don't half get a headache from work some days.
        Bunny trainer extraordinaire!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
          + eleventy billion. I can't be bothered with long hair. Especially in the summer when I'm outside doing heavy work. My hair is also super thick. Fortunately no one tries to set me up with anyone, especially since I'm in a relationship, but that's gotta be annoying.
          I work outdoors in a "traditionally male" field tech position. Even though I have thinnish hair it was such a RELIEF to get it cut last summer.
          I am in a relationship also (he has hair down to his waist), but it still doesn't stop anyone. Bah. Humbug.
          "Wait! I'll fix it!"
          "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
          "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

• Originally posted by LJH View Post
            Are you my long-lost sibling?

With my mother it wasn't weight - I was uber scrawny - it was my looks. All the other girls in the family were pretty if not drop-dead gorgeous. I was never allowed to forget that I was the toad in the mix. I've long since made peace with being ugly but damn, that shit hurts when you're a teenager. The best revenge is taking care of yourself - spite her by becoming outrageously HEALTHY!
            The sad thing is that I'm 23, haha. The annoying part about losing weight and then losing more weight is that she is all, 'Oh I'm sooo happy to see you looking all slim and beautiful, now let's find you a husband,' so I don't even get to enjoy being not-obese for myself and not have it turned into something intended only for the dual purposes of husband-finding/baby-making, rather than just looking good and feeling good.

mothers: fucking up their daughters, one day at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
              It's probably not the fructose, as the fructose/glucose ratio in cherries isn't that bad. Fructose binds to glucose, allowing it to be absorbed. More likely it's the sorbitol, which cherries are high in. If this is the case, you might want to be careful with other stone fruit, as they tend to be high in sorbitol.
              Huh. Learn something new every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                Huh. Learn something new every day.
                I wish I didn't know this, but I have fructose malabsorption and have a problem with sorbitol as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                  Just how many surgeries can any one pelvis be reasonably expected to require in a three-year period? Looks like I'm going to have surgery #6 soon. aagslaslkafljkaljkflkj
                  Ouch. That is not great at all

Comment

• Originally posted by PixieKitten View Post
                    sniped.
                    I read this and think of a story I read somewhere once -

pet store worker approaching a little girl (7 or 8 or so) who is looking at rabbits.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes please. I need to buy a bunny."

"Aww, would you like a little white bunny or a little brown bunny?"

The girl shrugged. "I don't think my snake cares."

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      I read this and think of a story I read somewhere once -

pet store worker approaching a little girl (7 or 8 or so) who is looking at rabbits.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes please. I need to buy a bunny."

"Aww, would you like a little white bunny or a little brown bunny?"

The girl shrugged. "I don't think my snake cares."
                      Made my night. Snakes are awesome.

Comment

• Nothing major, but I REALLY fucking hate how the furniture section of Craigslist is overrun with dealers. I'm looking for a small real-wood dresser that I can redo, paint, new hardware, shit like that, but there are hundreds of ads a day from cheap ass furniture and mattress dealers. On the amusing side, I always click on the adds that say "beautiful" table/lamp coat rack, because they are all the most gaudy, ugly shit you've ever seen. Makes me chuckle.

Comment

• I burned my tongue on molten beef fat at lunch today. Owwie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                            Made my night. Snakes are awesome.

Glad to hear it, and yes they are.

Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                            I burned my tongue on molten beef fat at lunch today. Owwie.
                            Ouch indeed.

As for my gripe of the day....over in the leptin thread someone said that coffee can cause estrogen or some such. That is not good. Given that I should probably be in my second trimester by now. Perhaps I need to cut back on the...no, I can't even say it....

Comment

• Handwritten religious BS notes from holier-than-thou Jehovah's Witnesses who go around our neighborhood buzzing every apartment every weekend.
                              I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaohinon View Post
                                Just found out that my father passed away. My aunt made sure to inform me of the level of decomposition when he was found, and my mom used it as an opportunity to guilt-trip me. Well-played, guys.
                                I'm so sorry Chaohinon.

Comment

Working...
                                X