No announcement yet.

Gripe of the Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids wandering around unsupervised, especially in restaurants, putting germy hands on other peoples' tables. It gives me no pleasure to give a little kid the "don't you dare" look, but if their parents are not going to do their job, so be it. Lesson: Nobody thinks your little ones are as cute as you do.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Comment

• People who take the "Don't Walk" sign as just sort of general advice instead of the LAW. There is a reason you should stay on the curb, so that cars can safely make their turns. I am often a pedestrian so it bugs me when some people give pedestrians a bad name.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
        Non-resealable bacon packages.
        I have to fight off the 2 carnivores I'm raising just to get my fair share of the bacon. I've don't have to worry about saving it these days.

Comment

• Use of anymore in a positive context rather than a negative one makes my skin crawl. It's silly, I know. But I lived the first few decades of my life without hearing it used in the positive, and suddenly I'm encountering it on a regular basis. Examples of the dreaded 'positive anymore':

"Anymore, all I ever seem to eat is bacon."

"All Stabby does anymore is stab conventional wisdom in the eye."

"Grains just make me feel bloated anymore."

I cannot abide this usage, man!

Comment

• If you own a dog, train it and pay attention to it! I've been hearing this damn dog every night for 3-4 hours barking it's fool head off. It's not an alarm bark, it's a cry for attention. The idiot pomeranians next door bark when they're let out during the day, at any sound, which sets off every dog in the neighborhood.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              The idiot pomeranians next door bark when they're let out during the day, at any sound, which sets off every dog in the neighborhood.
              Toss them a goat head. That'll keep em quite for at least an hour.
              Last edited by brahnamin; 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• I'm thinking about tossing the pomeranians a couple bars of cooking chocolate...
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Today has been a briliant case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing." My boss is being rather pedantic on things he knows very little about. It's actually kinda funny to ask questions and then watch him flounder.
                  We have a few of those here.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                  I'm thinking about tossing the pomeranians a couple bars of cooking chocolate...
                  Don't you DARE waste good chocolate on that! Surely we can use some of those Thin Mints from the other thread??

Comment

• Nah, this is the crappy, chalky, cheap stuff with hydrogenated cottonseed oil and all that.
                    Or maybe some antifreeze laced thin mints.
                    My Latest Journal

Comment

• My grammar gripe? Irregardless. Spell check doesn't even call you out on it. It's regardless. Just regardless.

I won't even give *conversate* the honor of a gripe, but will instead continue to wish spontaneous cessation of breathing on anyone who uses it.

- Damned faulty Jedi mind tricks.

Comment

If you own a dog, train it and pay attention to it! I've been hearing this damn dog every night for 3-4 hours barking it's fool head off. It's not an alarm bark, it's a cry for attention. The idiot pomeranians next door bark when they're let out during the day, at any sound, which sets off every dog in the neighborhood.
                        +1
                        I could send you my German Pointer, he'd make a snack out of them.
                        I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• I need to get that border collie/ husky mix we've been talking about and let it "herd" them.
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

• I'm not saying that somewhere in this world this is not a Pomeranian that is a genius but...............all the ones I've ever met have had fuzz for brains. My uncle had five of them at one time. These creatures were too dim to even get their heads around the concept of house training. My uncle was this multi-millionare computer guy but, if you went to his house, you had to be careful not to step on the land mines. And they didn't need a reason to start yapping, they would just do it because their little nuero-circuitry was so inbred and twitchy. Ugh!

Comment

• I don't understand people that have animals and don't interact with them. I drive by a house several times a weeks that has a beautiful pitbull chained to a tree with a 10 foot chain. He is out there in all kinds of weather. I've yet to see anyone out there with him in the five years that I've lived there. It's so sad to think he'll live his whole life tied to a chain.
                              I learned a valuable lesson with the first steer I sent to slaughter. I should have named him Hamburger and not Snookers.

Comment

• Paleobird--I think it's a small dog mentality. Little heads, pea-sized brains. They just can't help it, no matter how cute they are.

Comment

Working...
                                X